• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

I have also been told by folks at the consulate that, if you put some sort of a "pressure" on them by way of consistently following-up on your case after you have been given feedback, the folks working on the applications or the COs get suspicious and angry...:D:D:D:D, it's all a very tricky process especially when you have some sort of a restriction in place on your country. I leave it all to God but will do follow-ups from time to time.

Status shows READY, I have done some follow-ups; calls, emails and on-site visit. Two visits to the consulate has been reported above. On 2 occasions the clerks in blue shirt have told me my visas have not been printed. On my last visit to the consulate, I was given feedback by the clerk that whoever he called told him this "Why is he here?, his visa has not been printed, I do not even understand why it's not been printed so I will make a note on his case." This a week ago, I know of another couple I met who have not been issued as well, they have been called twice to re-submit DS-260 for a derivative and to redo fingerprint. I have not had any call or email from the consulate about any issues or whatsoever. Last date of update was Dec. 14, 2019. I have also made 3 visits to the DHL Office since the interview, most recent was about 3 weeks ago, there is no sign of my passports anywhere there.

I like to respond to your concerns to help us all learn more about the process and to be able to help others in the future. Everyone I have spoken to has urged me to be patient; that's my best bet now. I don't know if any of the super moderators like @Britsimon @Sm1smom or @SusieQQQ have anything to share in respect of my case or any of these delays. By the way, yesterday was my 8th week anniversary. Cheers:)
ok i think patient would be do for now. cheers tho

I have also been told by folks at the consulate that, if you put some sort of a "pressure" on them by way of consistently following-up on your case after you have been given feedback, the folks working on the applications or the COs get suspicious and angry...:D:D:D:D, it's all a very tricky process especially when you have some sort of a restriction in place on your country. I leave it all to God but will do follow-ups from time to time.
hmm but we praying it gets printed asap.

Guys wanted to let you all know that the accra embassy this year is denying a lot of dv applicant . Most of them on educational grounds. Soo we all should be on our guard and prepare adequately. Thank you

My friends younger brother got denied today. Totally devastated. I was his i134 sponsor. Denied because of education had an E8 in mathematics and is an artist which doesn’t qualify under the employment qualification. If I had known of this when he won last year could have organized something. The family is totally gutted!

. He said all I had to do is to be clear about it and not try to hide anything at the interview. What's your take on that?

Continue with the application and ignore the naysayers here. They’re not the ones issuing the visa nor are they immigration attorneys. That said, keep your story consistent.

3 if i pass the interview and get the visa to go to the US, should i forget about my degree and go or i can come back and complete my studies after getting my green card?
4 What will be my fate without having a degree in the US.
looking forward to hearing your kind advice

I came to engineering graduate school on a scholarship here twenty years ago and lived here since so I think I can give you some advice. Do NOT under any circumstances abandon your Ghana degree, some of my classmates did and regretted.

Get your green card, get your reentry permit (valid for protecting your green card for two years) and then return to Ghana to finish your degree. Alternatively some universities here will allow you to transfer your credits from a Ghana university and finish the degree here.

Getting a great job with your Ghana degree here is tough, the trick is to do a masters degree here in 1.5 years and then you’re nicely plugged into the USA system.

Last edited:
My friends younger brother got denied today. Totally devastated. I was his i134 sponsor. Denied because of education had an E8 in mathematics and is an artist which doesn’t qualify under the employment qualification. If I had known of this when he won last year could have organized something. The family is totally gutted!
Continue with the application and ignore the naysayers here. They’re not the ones issuing the visa nor are they immigration attorneys. That said, keep your story consistent.

I find these two comments very much at odds with each other and quite bizarre.

The "naysayers" you refer to are people who are trying to stop people going through a denial (and perhaps worse) because they have built their cases on poor foundations through telling lies. You even advise the OP to "keep your story consistent". In other words, carry on lying.

You post this immediately after telling the story of a family "devastated" through a denial for an issue that some of the aforementioned "naysayers" have tried to warn about.

Ghana refused more cases than it approves BY FAR. That's because people are doing things wrong. You should know that based on your friends experience, but your only thought was that you could have "organized something" - whatever that means. But rather than urge caution you immediately encourage someone to keep on telling the lies.

Very odd.

I’m curious, what something would you have been able to organize for someone who didn’t meet the requirements?

I find these two comments very much at odds with each other and quite bizarre.

You even advise the OP to "keep your story consistent". In other words, carry on lying.

But rather than urge caution you immediately encourage someone to keep on telling the lies.

Very odd.

I couldn’t care less what you think homie. If you read what I wrote to mean I was telling someone to lie, that’s your prerogative.

Get rid of your stereotypes.

Status shows READY, I have done some follow-ups; calls, emails and on-site visit. Two visits to the consulate has been reported above. On 2 occasions the clerks in blue shirt have told me my visas have not been printed. On my last visit to the consulate, I was given feedback by the clerk that whoever he called told him this "Why is he here?, his visa has not been printed, I do not even understand why it's not been printed so I will make a note on his case." This a week ago, I know of another couple I met who have not been issued as well, they have been called twice to re-submit DS-260 for a derivative and to redo fingerprint. I have not had any call or email from the consulate about any issues or whatsoever. Last date of update was Dec. 14, 2019. I have also made 3 visits to the DHL Office since the interview, most recent was about 3 weeks ago, there is no sign of my passports anywhere there.

I like to respond to your concerns to help us all learn more about the process and to be able to help others in the future. Everyone I have spoken to has urged me to be patient; that's my best bet now. I don't know if any of the super moderators like @Britsimon @Sm1smom or @SusieQQQ have anything to share in respect of my case or any of these delays. By the way, yesterday was my 8th week anniversary. Cheers:)

You’re currently on AP, even if CEAC doesn’t quite show that. And there’s really nothing you can do but to continue being patient. Contrary to what some have said above, IMO an interview should only be described as successful after one gets their passport back with the visa in it.

We sympathize with him.
But I wonder what you want to achieve here.You stated clearly that he was denied based on the E8 he got in maths,so who are the naysayers here?

Last edited:
You’re currently on AP, even if CEAC doesn’t quite show that. And there’s really nothing you can do but to continue being patient. Contrary to what some have said above, IMO an interview should only be described as successful after one gets their passport back with the visa in it.
I thought as much .

A lady friend of mine got approved just this Wednesday with E8 in math. She was having an HND and it really helped her. We always tell guys to share thier problems.

That's Cool, we wait.

Something like resit the exam. I hope you’ve heard about resitting exams. It ain’t rocket science bro!

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/resit

There’s a big world of difference between posting about “organizing something” and making a suggestion for someone to resit an exam. It ain’t rocket science either to figure out “organizing something” alludes to a shady solution.

Can the rudeness and don’t derail this thread for others who are clearly doing their homework in advance of their interview.

Am Nicholas from Ghana and am a potential winner for this year's Dv 2020. I find this forum very helpful have been reading all posts since last year.am happy to join you guys as I wait patiently for May 7th.This is my third time playing the dv lottery. God bless you all.

I got approved yesterday Feb 7, please how do I go about the registration at ustraveldocs.com/GH

I have done the registration but I'm not sure whether that's all or there's something else

I have learnt from this forum that most visa refusal are based on education.well because of that I have decided to resist in this year's Nov/dec because I had F9 in maths.Others Subject like English C5,Social B2,Science D7,Goverment C4,French B3,History B3,and Literature in English C6.please I hope my Scores are okay for the other subjects expect maths which am rewriting this August.I have a Diploma in Graphic designing from an Accredited college.Am I good to go if am being selected come May 7th.Thank you