• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

Thanks a Million @Frank Boakye , could you please advise me on what to do with a laminated SSCE certificate? If my memory serves me right I believe I read somewhere that laminated certificates are not accepted.
Any recommendations on what I can do? Do I get a repalcement from WAEC? I have about 4 weeks until interview.

Hello moderators, can you provide answer to this question?

nice,haven't yet submit my DS 260 form ,need to get all info i needed before i submit .carry 150 to 200ghc with you for the police report,it might be less than the figures i quote above
@drinkeatez wait for KCC to ask you for the documents before going for the police report. The validity of the police certificate is only 6 months.

Hello moderators, can you provide answer to this question?

I checked with WAEC for a new certificate or replacement and this is what they had to say. They do not currently issue replacement certificates for SSCE certificate, only WASSCE certificates. Most SSCE certificates were actually laminated by WAEC to protect the certificates and a passport size picture of the candidate that was somewhat glued to the certificate. I fall under the SSCE and mine was actually laminated by WAEC and that was confirmed when I visted them this week. For any reason at all if the consulate has a problem with a laminated certificate, they will request the candidate to go for a CONFIRMATION which WAEC will send directly to the SPECIFIC department at the consulate within 5 working days.

If you have a laminated WASSCE certificate however, WAEC will be able to give u a replacement. I hope this helps. I would be carrying my laminated SSCE certificate and a photocopy of it to my interview. Will let ya'll know what happens. Cheers!

I checked with WAEC for a new certificate or replacement and this is what they had to say. They do not currently issue replacement certificates for SSCE certificate, only WASSCE certificates. Most SSCE certificates were actually laminated by WAEC to protect the certificates and a passport size picture of the candidate that was somewhat glued to the certificate. I fall under the SSCE and mine was actually laminated by WAEC and that was confirmed when I visted them this week. For any reason at all if the consulate has a problem with a laminated certificate, they will request the candidate to go for a CONFIRMATION which WAEC will send directly to the SPECIFIC department at the consulate within 5 working days.

If you have a laminated WASSCE certificate however, WAEC will be able to give u a replacement. I hope this helps. I would be carrying my laminated SSCE certificate and a photocopy of it to my interview. Will let ya'll know what happens. Cheers!
Which range are you and when is your interview.?

Guys wanted to let you all know that the accra embassy this year is denying a lot of dv applicant . Most of them on educational grounds. Soo we all should be on our guard and prepare adequately. Thank you

I wish someone from DV2018 was on this platform. Wanted to know if it necessary to go in for your transcript if you already have the high school cert. Same thing for tertiary??

I wish someone from DV2018 was on this platform. Wanted to know if it necessary to go in for your transcript if you already have the high school cert. Same thing for tertiary??

The transcripts are not necessary. What they require are the certificates. But it doesn't hurt to be overprepared...and if you feel more comfortable having them, go for it.

Guys wanted to let you all know that the accra embassy this year is denying a lot of dv applicant . Most of them on educational grounds. Soo we all should be on our guard and prepare adequately. Thank you

Ghana continues to display the WORST entry to approval rate of ANY country. Out of every 10,000 people entered, 3 get visas. THREE.

The reasons for the crazy rate?
  1. Agents
  2. Fraudulent documents
  3. "Solutions" over pure simple honesty
  4. Failure to pay attention to the rules/requirements
Experience shows that Ghanaians leading Ghanaians leads to disastrous results. Being in this forum probably improves your chances anyway, but If the people in this forum want to improve their chances further they must stop repeating the same mistakes as we see being made over and over again. I strongly suggest winners open their eyes and start being honest with themselves about the problem.