DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

I am a DV winner 2019 with case number 2019AF9***, GHANA. I failed in one subject and had an E in another but my results got me into a Polytechnic and then my first degree in Banking & Finance. I’ve been working with my current co. for 5 years now, I have my appt letter and promotional letters. Could the high school results deny me a visa? When can I have an interview if I complete my DS-260 in August 2018?
Thanks.

I am a DV winner 2019 with case number 2019AF9***, GHANA. I failed in one subject and had an E in another but my results got me into a Polytechnic and then my first degree in Banking & Finance. I’ve been working with my current co. for 5 years now, I have my appt letter and promotional letters. Could the high school results deny me a visa? When can I have an interview if I complete my DS-260 in August 2018?
Thanks.
Which subjects did you fail and E.

Oh boy Frank, I think I got something wrong. I do not have an F as I checked my slip. I have 2 Es rather in Bus. Mgt and Accounting, I was a business student. Kindly help me clarify if this will cause any problems. Would this be a problem? Thank you

Last edited:
Oh boy Frank, I think I got something wrong. I do not have an F as I checked my slip. I have 2 Es rather in Bus. Mgt and Accounting, I was a business student. Kindly help me clarify if this will cause any problems. Would this be a problem? Thank you
From experiences shared here, you need a credit pass in English and Maths and 3 other subjects to meet the education requirement.

I have a B in English, a D in Maths, B in Economics, C in Integrated Science, C in social studies, and E in Business management and an E in Accounting. All subjects are core subjects except the last two. I have subsequently complted both an HND and my first degrees with 7 years working experience. Does this look good Frank?

I have a B in English, a D in Maths, B in Economics, C in Integrated Science, C in social studies, and E in Business management and an E in Accounting. All subjects are core subjects except the last two. I have subsequently complted both an HND and my first degrees with 7 years working experience. Does this look good Frank?
You are good to go man. It looks good.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Thanks.
The COs in Ghana go by the grading system in this link:
https://gh.usembassy.gov/education-culture/educationusa-center/educational-system-ghana/

However the fact that you have a college degree in banking & finance in addition may be considered in your case.

Expect to be interviewed in 2019 if you wait until August before submitting your DS260 form.

Hello @Frank Boakye, I married in 2012 and registered my marriage same month and year. My certificate is missing, I have been to the AMA and have been given a photocopy of their original copy on file. I also found out my father's name on their copy is wrong so I have had to do an affidavit to make the changes, they cancelled the wrong name, wrote the new name and the current registrar signed with a stamp. Would this cancellation on my certificate cause any problems for me on my D-day? All pictures of my marriage including my signing at the AMA, my engagement and the actual wedding day was made into a beautiful photobook which is very much available.

Would I have a problem buddy?
N.B. The copy am getting is just a Colored photocopy which is certified or notarized by a lawyer and I have also been given an Authentication Letter also signed by the registrar.

Kojo E

Frank is right. You should be fine. Good luck!

Hello this is EmmanBlesa, from Ghana . Dv 2019Af8XXX. Please I am have D7 on my cert and looking at the required grades for a successful Uni admission I think I fall short. But I am presently at ththe Uni. Any advise please