• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

@nero1gh ...still waiting ........bcos of you i check the forum every hour .and plss take your time to explain the docs you took to the embassy dat made the CO to commend you for the good preparation.

Even if he lies and get approved for the visa. They will surely find out and that would be very serious. They will deny and deport you even if u have stayed there for 10 yrs. Pls and pls dont follow up on this.

But pls the qstn i want to ask for him is. If he applies again as married and get selected nx year or next two years. Wont the system detect that he lied some time ago in 2017 that he was single whiles the date of his marriage certificate will be before 2017.?plss @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ can you help him on that.? i just want us to help a brother soo dat next time he wont make any mistake on his entry forms.thank you.

The conversation may come up, but it wouldn’t lead to a denial or disqualification considering the fact that he didn’t proceed with the initial selection which was based on a lie.

why shouldn't he? he just has to tell CO that he is single that's all.

Sure. And it is exactly this sort of idiotic suggestion/attitude that means the COs in Accra routinely deny many more cases than they approve, occasionally denying truthful applications based on an assumption that people in Ghana are typically lying and presenting fraudulent paperwork.

The transcripts are not necessary. What they require are the certificates. But it doesn't hurt to be overprepared...and if you feel more comfortable having them, go for it.
True. Certificates showing required passes in Mathematics and English are required. Note however that the additional hurdle to clear is having WASSCE or SSCE results that qualify you to enter a university in Ghana or the USA straight away.

Guys me and my family got approved this morning, will share the experience later. Lots of people I met today got approved as well contrary to what this @Shellockray is saying. Like Simon has always being saying, prepare well and just tell the TRUTH. My CO told me and my family of 3 that we prepared very well for the interview and thus he's approving our visas.

Don't let anyone lie to you here, the best advise comes from Brit and the senior moderators here. Thanks everyone and wish ya'll the best of luck.
Congratulations! Indeed preparation is key. Last year we barely spent 3 minutes with the officer before he announced our approval. If you’re married( now matter how long) take along your wedding pictures for example. It’s easy if you prepare well and are honest. Bon voyage Bro!

Congratulations! Indeed preparation is key. In March this year we barely spent 3 minutes with the officer before he announced our approval. If you’re married( now matter how long) take along your wedding pictures for example. It’s easy if you prepare well and are honest. Bon voyage Bro!

Congratulations! Indeed preparation is key. Last year we barely spent 3 minutes with the officer before he announced our approval. If you’re married( now matter how long) take along your wedding pictures for example. It’s easy if you prepare well and are honest. Bon voyage Bro!

Thanks Kojo, you guys inspired me with all your feedback and experiences here. I took 4 different albums, one for the wedding and engagement, one for pictures before our wedding during the courting and dating stages, separate albums for each kid detailing their birth through to the first birthday. I also took along hospital records of all the kids including vaccination cards. We actually were commended by the CO as having prepared well for the interview. Thanks for everything bro, we are in the waiting stage to be notified to pick our packages.

Hello brothers, I'm back again. I discussed the issue with a lawyer and this is what he had to say. He said I did not do much wrong since I was technically single at the time of the application. This is because I was only married under customary law (which I unfortunately failed to clarify when I posted at first). He said if I had stated that I was married, I would not have had any certificate to prove it, so it could have caused me a few problems. He adviced that I should continue with the application stating that I'm married since the date of my church marriage is long after the application. He said all I had to do is to be clear about it and not try to hide anything at the interview. What's your take on that?

Hello brothers, I'm back again. I discussed the issue with a lawyer and this is what he had to say. He said I did not do much wrong since I was technically single at the time of the application. This is because I was only married under customary law (which I unfortunately failed to clarify when I posted at first). He said if I had stated that I was married, I would not have had any certificate to prove it, so it could have caused me a few problems. He adviced that I should continue with the application stating that I'm married since the date of my church marriage is long after the application. He said all I had to do is to be clear about it and not try to hide anything at the interview. What's your take on that?

In our part of the world, marriage under customary law is MARRIAGE and our laws recognize that and it's binding. Indeed your marriage certificate will bear the type of marriage as CUSTOMARY MARRIAGE. I am not a lawyer but the lawyer I believe is not helping you.

In our part of the world, marriage under customary law is MARRIAGE and our laws recognize that and it's binding. Indeed your marriage certificate will bear the type of marriage as CUSTOMARY MARRIAGE. I am not a lawyer but the lawyer I believe is not helping you.
The certificate I have is an ORDINANCE marriage certificate and dates this year while the application dates 2017. During the first marriage, we did not sign any documents. It was only between the two families.

The certificate I have is an ORDINANCE marriage certificate and dates this year while the application dates 2017. During the first marriage, we did not sign any documents. It was only between the two families.

You conceded above that the customary marriage is marriage, not so?

This is what I call BS damage control. Your customary marriage is a binding marriage recognized by your laws and if you had listed yourself as married back then, it wouldn’t have caused you any problem now - you would have simply gone ahead and applied for a new certificate now - this is what some of the selectees with customary marriage have done.

But don’t listen to us, go ahead and listen to all those trying to help you justify or look for ways to get away with the lie told on your eDV registration.

Can you tell us how long it took you and your family to settle down after relocating? I hear the first couple of months can be tricky.

Thanks Kojo, you guys inspired me with all your feedback and experiences here. I took 4 different albums, one for the wedding and engagement, one for pictures before our wedding during the courting and dating stages, separate albums for each kid detailing their birth through to the first birthday. I also took along hospital records of all the kids including vaccination cards. We actually were commended by the CO as having prepared well for the interview. Thanks for everything bro, we are in the waiting stage to be notified to pick our packages.
I’
Can you tell us how long it took you and your family to settle down after relocating? I hear the first couple of months can be tricky.
you’re right. It varies for each person but it took us about 3 months to settle down and rent our own place. Be prepared to accept entry level jobs for a while before you move up.