• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Ghana Selectees

1. Not a problem,just go with the new passport.You can add a photocopy of the old passport if you have.
2.Yes
3.Dont quit,you can enter and come back.However,a green card holder cant stay outside the US for more than a year.
4.The same fate if you dont have a degree in Ghana and anywhere else

Moderators may add more.
thanks alot @Bobbyman

If you fail some High school subjects(especially maths and english) and have a degree,you may have a slight advantage.
HND's and DiplomaS are not looked at at all.
And of course if you have good high sch results,higher certificates are not even needed.
I don't know why you think HND and Diplomas are not considered at the embassy.Yes,they do concentrate more on the High School certificate..not for anything but for the D.O.B on it: why because they don't trust our birth certificates.And yes if your grades are good on your S.H.S cert are good..they don't concentrate more on Higher certificates but they are needed to back up your case which HND and Diplomas are included especially if you listed it in the DS-260

I don't know why you think HND and Diplomas are not considered at the embassy.Yes,they do concentrate more on the High School certificate..not for anything but for the D.O.B on it: why because they don't trust our birth certificates.And yes if your grades are good on your S.H.S cert are good..they don't concentrate more on Higher certificates but they are needed to back up your case which HND and Diplomas are included especially if you listed it in the DS-260

This platform is to give authentic information to help group members secure their visas,hence you must not say what you are not sure so you don't mislead others.

The minimum education requirement is stated on the US embassy website emphasizing a pass for maths and english and that your overall grades should enable you to enter the university.
The high school cert is NOT to check if you have the correct date of birth or not. WASSCE has the D.O.B on it but SSCE doesn't. How do you explain that too?

I don't think you also mean to say once your D.O.B is ok on your failed High sch cert but have HND and Diploma cert then you are good.
However,i repeat,if you failed your english or maths BUT have a degree then you MAY have a SLIM chance of being considered.
It is not about what you filled in the ds260 form. Please just follow the instruction they want.
check on the link i posted earlier and read more the educ requirements.

Last edited:

It's funny how you think the SHS certificates are required as confirmation of your date of birth. Check the eligibility requirements of the DV under educatinal requirements. What would be your argument for other countries? They do not trust their birth certificates as well? To borrow from @Britsimon, this is nonsense.

It's funny how you think the SHS certificates are required as confirmation of your date of birth. Check the eligibility requirements of the DV under educatinal requirements. What would be your argument for other countries? They do not trust their birth certificates as well? To borrow from @Britsimon, this is nonsense.
I don't have a problem with what you think is 'nonsense'.
I have never disputed the S.H.S certificate being the minimum qualification.I'm telling you also that they use the d.o.b on the WAEC certificate as a standard to confirm what they think is your real date of birth.
Oh so you think that if you sat for WAEC in 2006;whereby you didn't have a birth certificate prior to winning the lottery in 2016,and you go for a birth certificate after you have won the lottery. which the date of birth is different from the one on your WAEC certificate,So you think they will trust the birth certificate over your WAEC certificate?Big No.
And yes there is a general rule for DV but the consular officers apply it subjectively to different countries and to their discretion.
And if you don't know,Ghana and two other countries have been flagged as a Visa fraud country,so the Consular Officers here are very strict than any other country.

Th
This platform is to give authentic information to help group members secure their visas,hence you must not say what you are not sure so you don't mislead others.

The minimum education requirement is stated on the US embassy website emphasizing a pass for maths and english and that your overall grades should enable you to enter the university.
The high school cert is NOT to check if you have the correct date of birth or not. WASSCE has the D.O.B on it but SSCE doesn't. How do you explain that too?

I don't think you also mean to say once your D.O.B is ok on your failed High sch cert but have HND and Diploma cert then you are good.
However,i repeat,if you failed your english or maths BUT have a degree then you MAY have a SLIM chance of being considered.
It is not about what you filled in the ds260 form. Please just follow the instruction they want.
check on the link i posted earlier and read more the educ requirements.
Those are your words,not mine.
You can choose to believe what you think is right for you.
..And I have never given any misleading information here as you claim.
With regards to SSCE which does not have on it the D.O.B,I'm not sure but I don't think WAEC does not have the date of birth related to that certificate in their database.A database which U.S embassy have access to.

@nero1gh Any luck with the package yet,

Not yet, i went to the consulate this week. One of the clerks(in blue shirt) took my name and case number, went to the security post. When she came back she told me that she called someone inside and the person said they have not printed the visas yet, she also asked if there is anything I have to do and she was told NO. Do your understand what all of these means? :)

Not yet, i went to the consulate this week. One of the clerks(in blue shirt) took my name and case number, went to the security post. When she came back she told me that she called someone inside and the person said they have not printed the visas yet, she also asked if there is anything I have to do and she was told NO. Do your understand what all of these means? :)
I think you have to be patient. To my understanding the trump government shutdown is causing the delays in the printing and issuance of visa as some workers have been made to sit in the house without salary. I think we all have to pray for God himself to touch trump (our president as we all want to go to his country).

has anyone heard of a selectee for dv2019 who has received his or her visa since the start of the interview in october.