September 2009 n-400 fillers

Received an email today. Not sure what it is, But I am hoping its FP notification.

Email below...

========== Email ===============

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*xxxxxxxxx

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On October 1, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

=========== End of EMail =====================

Hey Joejoy, i got similar email on Oct 1st @ 3:00 am and Oct 2nd, I got my finger print notice in the mail so most likely, thats what yours is going to be. So you should get something in the mail say Monday or Tuesday depending on how the route your mail. All these are based on personal experience only.

How do you speak to someone in Customer Service ? I tried, but could not find any option.
If we apply again, we'll have to cancel the 1st check via the bank. But would that lead to other problems ? If USCIS eventually tries to encash the first check, it'll bounce back.

I called that 1800 C.S. number and pressed option 1, I know that is not the right choice but I didn't see other option to pick.

Hello, Both my wife and I applied together for N400 and did our FP in the same day. I called FBI couple of days later and they confirmed that both the FP's were processed and sent to USCIS in 24 hours. But as you see my wife's status changed and seems like its scheduled for interview but nothing moved for me. May be its stuck in Name Check. But I dont understand why would FBI say both the results were processed same day and sent to USCIS.

I'm worried. Any suggestions ?

My timelines

DO - San Antonio - TX
09/04/09 - Mailed
09/05/09 - Mail Del
09/09/09 - Check Cashed
09/11/09 - NOA received with 09/08 priority date
09/21/09 - Received FP notice with appointment date 10/09/09
09/22/09 - Walkin and did FP.
xx/xx/xx - IL

Spouse Details

DO - San Antonio - TX
09/04/09 - Mailed
09/05/09 - Mail Del
09/09/09 - Check Cashed
09/11/09 - NOA received with 09/08 priority date
09/21/09 - Received FP notice with appointment date 10/09/09
09/22/09 - Walkin and did FP. In and out in 10 mins
09/29/09 - Status changed case xfr'd to local office
10/1/09 - LUD
10/2/09 - LUD
10/5/09 - LUD
xx/xx/xx - IL

vagarwal

what is the timeline of your N-400 - appreciate if you can provide those details, like when you mailed your N-400, when they received it etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Citizenwannabe

I think you should be in Oct 09 filler.

09/08/09 : (000 days) N-400 Mailed Lewisville, TX
09/10/09: (002 days) N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
XX/XX/09: PD
XX/XX/09: NOA date
10/05/09: Check cashed
XX/XX/09: NOA received
XX/XX/09: FP notice date
XX/XX/09: FP notice received
XX/XX/09: FP appointment
XX/XX/09: IL date
XX/XX/09: IL received
XX/XX/09: YL received
XX/XX/09: ID
XX/XX/09: OD

GC Date: 12/01/04

the NoA had case numbers as NBC* ..is that normal ? Shouldnt it be more like SRC* given that it was sent to Texas ? just curious.

Linuxrox,

Did you get any clarifications about the NBC* number on the NOA? Even my NOA shows NBC* number. Were you able to sign up to see the case status using the NBC* ?

Thanks,
Speedy

early Walkin FP

Can some one tell me what reason for the early walkin..do they ask for any reason or some proof that you could not come on the sheduled date..Please explain the procedure ...it will be userful for so many ...saw lot of question posted in forum but no good answers..:confused:

Linuxrox,

Did you get any clarifications about the NBC* number on the NOA? Even my NOA shows NBC* number. Were you able to sign up to see the case status using the NBC* ?

Thanks,
Speedy

Receipt number

What will be receipt number, as on back of cancelled check I didn't see any EAC, SRC or NBC. it has only number like 0430***** nine digit number?

Vagarwal- the receipt number usually starts with NBC* then 9 digits after that, it will be on the 1st letter they send you saying they received your application etc and in every letter after that.