September 2009 n-400 fillers

Thanks johntlc. I saw that you are from DO: Wichita, KS. I am from DO: Kansas City. I have not seen many people in the forum who are from DOs in KS. Not sure why? Good luck to you also.

Actually, I may be from Kansas City but I learnt that we would be grouped to Wichita since thats the closest office for interview and oath ceremony. I am hoping they do same day oath ceremony cos I wont want to drive to Wichita twice. I know there is USCIS office in Kansas city MO where we will do our finger print. Is that where your notice says you would do your FP? The Kansas City office was where I did my FP when I was going to change my status from conditional green card to permanent green card. Since our priority date is so close, we may meet either at interview or oath. I think it will be really nice if we have everything done with citizenship and even passport before christmas! I may pay the rest of my family a visit for ney year :)

I havent seen much people from Kansas City area either so its really nice to finally meet someone close by.

question whos FP done

I have infant with me. Can I take him with me for my FP ( sugarland-houston-, TX Branch)? He is not a part of this process but I am only caretaker so will USCIS will allow him to enter with me ?

How much time it will take to complete full FP process?

09/02/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville TX
09/03/09 : N-400 recd
09/08/09 : Check Cashed
09/14/09: NOA Received
09/28/09 : FP Notice Received
10/16/09: FP Date
??/??/?? : Interview Letter Received
??/??/?? : Interview Date Passed
??/??/?? : oath letter mailed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
??/??/?? : Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Got FP notice

DO: San Jose

My Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved
09/11/09 : Check Cashed
09/14/09: NOA Received (RD=09/04/09, PD=09/04/09, ND=09/10/09)
09/24/09: RFE (probably for FP) email received @ 2:00AM. Email says ND=09/22/09

??/??/?? : Walkin FP done
??/??/?? : FP Date

My Spouse's Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved
09/11/09 : Check Cashed
09/14/09: NOA Received (RD=09/04/09, PD=09/04/09, ND=09/10/09)
09/24/09: RFE (probably for FP) email received @ 2:00AM. Email says ND=09/22/09

??/??/?? : Walkin FP done
??/??/?? : FP Date

cheerus:

I am an Illinois N-400 filer as well. Can you let me know where did you do your walk-in FP?. I am trying to figure out if all location accepts walk-ins.

Thanks

Curious, went through several posts but have not found an answer to this... if you do a walk-in for finger printing, is your process really faster? Seems logical, but had read it earlier that they look at your application at specfic time intervals. Thoughts?

Region: Washington DC/Fairfax

Sent N-400 for wife and me: Sept 14
Packet received at Lewisville, TX: Sept 15
Check encashed: Sept 18
Fingerprint notice received: Sept 28
Fingerprint appt: Oct 14th

how to check status online?

How do I check my status online? (I know their website does not reflect the case status real time really......but I guess something is better than nothing :))

Thanks,
Speedy

How do I check my status online? (I know their website does not reflect the case status real time really......but I guess something is better than nothing :))

Thanks,
Speedy

You need your application number, you just mailed your application, you have to receive form I-797 with your application number and probably wait for another few days before it will be put in the system so you can track it online.

You need your application number, you just mailed your application, you have to receive form I-797 with your application number and probably wait for another few days before it will be put in the system so you can track it online.

Hey Uncle Joe, didnt you have to do finger print? If in fact you did, can you include that on your timeline?

Thanks,

John

info?

Hey all,

our application was received on 9/25/09 and nothing happened since then...no NOA, no letter, no check cashed, nothing.....is it OK? how long should we wait to hear back from them?

Thanks for your help,

G.

Status Update

My application is Delivered ( from USPS tracking) on 9/28

@speedy1027, how come your application was mailed on 9/28 and received on 9/29 ? (tat was fast as you name indicate !!)

I have a question, I saw some post where the IO did not take a decision because the applicant hasn’t completed 5 year requirements at the time of interview/oath ( meaning applied 5 yr – 90 day rule and processing was fast, walk in fp etc). In my case I left US on the same day as it was the GC date and I came back couple of weeks after. If the IO argue that my 5 year residency starts only from the date I came back to US, I have applied couple of weeks before my 5 year -90day period (but it is within the limit if calculated from the GC date). In this case, do they ask me to wait till I complete the residency requirement or do I need to reapply? ( since the date on the application)

Thanks Much

09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
x/xx/09: NOA date
x/xx/09: Check cashed
x/xx/09: NOA received
x/xx/09: FP notice date
x/xx/09: FP notice received
x/xx/09: FP appointment
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

My application is Delivered ( from USPS tracking) on 9/28

@speedy1027, how come your application was mailed on 9/28 and received on 9/29 ? (tat was fast as you name indicate !!)

Well...I sent it by express mail.....isn't that the faster service compared to regular mail (I am assuming you sent it by regular mail)??

For the tracking# provided to me, USPS site says "Your item was delivered at 1:04 PM on September 29, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 to USCIS . The item was signed for by C SMITT."

or perhaps....USPS knew that per my screen name they should deliver speedily:D

I am interested to see experts answer to Tom's question above...since I too am in the similar situation.

Regards,
Speedy

Last edited by a moderator: