September 2009 n-400 fillers

Hey guys .. I'm not sure what I was thinking and mailed my N400 application on Sept 4th to Mesquite, TX PO through USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. I looked up today and saw it was delivered on Sept 5th.

But few of my friends are telling me I should have mailed to lockbox in Lewisville, TX.

Any suggestions ??

I have US Citizenship interview in couple of weeks. I just realized that my Drivers license has old address but with in the same state. I moved to a new apartment few months back. I still hold the same state license though.
I called license office and they said it may take about 4 weeks to get the new license. While the license is under address change processing, I can still hold on to the old license but they CLIP it at the CORNER indicating "Some change in the license". Once I get the new license I can discard the old one.

Since my interview is in less than 2 weeks, should I still go ahead and apply for the address change on the license? or should I just hang on to the old one until my interview.
I am afraid of denying naturalization for not changing my address as it is state law to make the address change with in 30 days of move.
or is it so trivial that I should not worry about it? Showing the license with the clipped corner would arise unnecessary questions?

Pleasee advice! Eagerly waiting for your advice...

Thanks,
Gary.

I have US Citizenship interview in couple of weeks. I just realized that my Drivers license has old address but with in the same state. I moved to a new apartment few months back. I still hold the same state license though.
I called license office and they said it may take about 4 weeks to get the new license. While the license is under address change processing, I can still hold on to the old license but they CLIP it at the CORNER indicating "Some change in the license". Once I get the new license I can discard the old one.

Since my interview is in less than 2 weeks, should I still go ahead and apply for the address change on the license? or should I just hang on to the old one until my interview.
I am afraid of denying naturalization for not changing my address as it is state law to make the address change with in 30 days of move.
or is it so trivial that I should not worry about it? Showing the license with the clipped corner would arise unnecessary questions?

Pleasee advice! Eagerly waiting for your advice...

Thanks,
Gary.

I also moved recently and in the same situation as you. It will be nice if the experts here can shed some light.

My timeline too ...

My N400 timeline

My Status:
09/03/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
09/04/09 : N-400 recieved
??/??/?? : Check Cashed
??/??/?? : NOA Received
??/??/?? : FP Notice Received
??/??/?? : Walkin FP done
??/??/?? : FP Date
??/??/?? : Interview Letter Received
??/??/?? : Interview Date Passed
??/??/?? : oath letter mailed
??/??/?? : Oath Letter recieved
??/??/?? : Oath Date

My Spouse's Status:
??/??/?? : Check Cashed

I also moved recently and in the same situation as you. It will be nice if the experts here can shed some light.

I was adviced by lawyer to apply for address change ASAP. Whatever DL office gives you temporarily for driving purposes is good enough for the interview. If they don't let you hold on to your old license while address change is in process, take a color photograph of your old license. In some states, they will let you hang on to the old license until you get your new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filing from richmond va. I sent first class mail to pobox address in TX. So far I have:

09/01/09- N400 Sent
09/09/09- Check Cashed
??/??/??- Priority DT
??/??/??- FP Notice recpt
??/??/??- FP DT
??/??/??- FP Done (Walk in)
??/??/??- IL recpt
??/??/??- IL
??/??/??- Oath letter recpt
??/??/??- Oath

check cashed

My N400 timeline

My Status:
09/11/09 : Check Cashed

My Spouse's Status:

Got NOA.

My Status:
09/14/09: NOA Received (RD=09/04/09, PD=09/04/09, ND=09/10/09)

My Spouse's Status:
09/14/09: NOA Received (RD=09/04/09, PD=09/04/09, ND=09/10/09)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting article on NBC

Please google search for

uscis frequently n400 processing times at nbc

This portal is not allowing me to post the link

RFE: bug?

Got this update today on the website. Hoping this is the same bug mentioned in other blogs on the RFE. Are you getting the same update?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent
On September 17, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.