September 2009 n-400 fillers

Hey all,

our application was received on 9/25/09 and nothing happened since then...no NOA, no letter, no check cashed, nothing.....is it OK? how long should we wait to hear back from them?

Thanks for your help,

G.

Same situation here. Our applications were received on the 15th and still waiting for anything to happen.

For those who applied in the 90 days prior to completing 5 years, do you know what happens if the processing happens really fast and the interview happens before the 5th anniversary of the Green Card? I read another post where it said that the interview concluded with "decision cannot be taken...". What happens after that? Another interview? or just that after the 5 years complete the status changes to something else? Does the applicant have to do something to move it forward from that point? Does it mean it will ultimately take longer than it might have taken if the application had been made later?

Thanks

I got this email yesterday and same in text message "we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION". I am guessing this if for FP. My online status also changed to "Request for Additional Evidence Sent"

complimentary info

All,
it doesn't look like the back of the check has any case / receipt number on it. Anybody experienced the same?

All,
it doesn't look like the back of the check has any case / receipt number on it. Anybody experienced the same?

You are correct. It is not possible to find case number looking at back of the check. I found many numbers (probably 6 to 8 different ones) written there. But I got my NOA three days after check is cashed. I tried to find out after getting NOA still did not find case number written any where on the check. You would be getting NOA soon.

Started My Process
09/25/2009: N-400 application sent
09/30/2009: RD and PD (Lewisville TX)
**/**/***: Notice date
10/2/2009: Check cashed
**/**/***: Notice received
**/**/***: FP notice date
**/**/***: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

Last edited by a moderator:
Application recvd on 9/15, check not cashed yet. Do you think i should resend the application ?

FP Notice

Hey guys, as I suspected, the update to my status which I got yesterday @ 3:00 am was for FP. I got it in the mail today. Today is exactly two weeks since I sent my N-400 application and the FP appointment is on day 27th. I may infact get my US passport before christmas. That would be really nice :)

You are correct. It is not possible to find case number looking at back of the check. I found many numbers (probably 6 to 8 different ones) written there. But I got my NOA three days after check is cashed. I tried to find out after getting NOA still did not find case number written any where on the check. You would be getting NOA soon.

Hey Sunks, I got my FP appointment letter today. Its a couple of days after yours.

Hey Sunks, I got my FP appointment letter today. Its a couple of days after yours.

That is good news johntlc. Looks like our cases (both from same state) are going on parallel so far. Do you have any plans to go for early walk-in FP? I do not have any plans as scheduled FP date is about 10 days away. Do not want to drive 40+ miles and come back without getting FP done.

Application recvd on 9/15, check not cashed yet. Do you think i should resend the application ?

I'm in same boat as you, my application was recvd on 9/10 and no response yet and checks has not been cashed out.

I called customer service and she mentioned to call back after 30 days in case if we didn't receive a notice letter. Looks like they will trace it.

But if we apply again what happened if they cash out both checks?

Checks Cashed

Our checks were cashed today....

Back of the check shows some numbers. One of them is today's (10/01) date. Wonder what other #s mean....?

Thanks,
Speedy

For those whose checks have not been cashed, you should wait 30 days before you panic. Mine took a while too. See my timeline below.

By resend, do you mean send a second check with the second application? USCIS will cash both checks in that case and process both applications in parallel. They can do that. Then when they interview you for any one of those applications, they will cancel the second one. But you don't get your money back.

I'm in same boat as you, my application was recvd on 9/10 and no response yet and checks has not been cashed out.

I called customer service and she mentioned to call back after 30 days in case if we didn't receive a notice letter. Looks like they will trace it.

But if we apply again what happened if they cash out both checks?

How do you speak to someone in Customer Service ? I tried, but could not find any option.
If we apply again, we'll have to cancel the 1st check via the bank. But would that lead to other problems ? If USCIS eventually tries to encash the first check, it'll bounce back.

Email Update

Received an email today. Not sure what it is, But I am hoping its FP notification.

Email below...

========== Email ===============

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: NBC*xxxxxxxxx

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On October 1, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

=========== End of EMail =====================