September 2009 n-400 fillers

Can some one tell me what reason for the early walkin..do they ask for any reason or some proof that you could not come on the sheduled date..Please explain the procedure ...it will be userful for so many ...saw lot of question posted in forum but no good answers..:confused:

I finally received the fingerprint notice last week. See my timeline below. I did a walk-in at the Atlanta ASC today at 2.30PM. Very courteous people at ASC. I walked to the person at the gate/door and told him that I want to do a walk-in fingerprinting. So, no special reason provided. I showed him the USCIS notice. He was fine with that and asked me to get the notice letter and the GC. No cameras, no cells etc.

Went in and got the fingerprinting done. The whole process took about 20 mins. Maybe because the center was empty.

------------------------------------------------------------
08/29/09 - Mailed to Lewisville, TX
09/01/09 - Priority Date
09/02/09 - Notice Date
09/22/09 - Web site status changed with RFE. May be Finger Print notice
09/24/09 - FP notice date
10/01/09 - FP notice received with FP date 10/16
10/06/09 - FP done (walk-in fingerprints)

Checks Cashed

Finally, checks for wife and self got encashed yesterday

Timeline

DO: Fairfax, VA
09/11/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX
09/15/09: N-400 Received
10/05/09: Checks cashed
x/xx/09: NOA received
x/xx/09: FP notice date
x/xx/09: FP notice received
x/xx/09: FP appointment
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

Linuxrox,

Did you get any clarifications about the NBC* number on the NOA? Even my NOA shows NBC* number. Were you able to sign up to see the case status using the NBC* ?

Thanks,
Speedy

Speedy
I was able to add the NBC* case numbers to my vault in the USCIS - and am able to track them as usual.
No one said anything about that tho!

Finger Print Done

Hey Guys,

I went to do my finger prints today. I was told that they only allow walk-in for people whose scheduled appointment had passed. Fortunately for me, they were nice enough to allow me do my finger prints, so its done. I had to explain that I need some time next week to prepare for my exam and they were very understanding about it. It didnt take much time either. I was there for less than 25 minutes. The gentle man who took my finger prints even chatted with me for a few minutes during the process and a few minutes after we are all done. Nice experience!

If there is someone here who knows the FBI clearance line, I will appreciate it. I do not have any issue to be worried about but I will love to be 1000% sure there is no error anywhere.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your naturalization processes and life after all that. Cheers!!

Updated Signature
09/25/2009: N-400 application sent
09/30/2009: RD (Lewisville TX)
10/01/2009: ND/PD
10/01/2009: Check cashed
10/06/2009: Notice received
10/07/2009: Status Changed to RFE (Apparently FP Notice)
**/**/***: FP notice date
**/**/***: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

Status changed to RFE today....also 2 text mesgs this morning.

Hopefully, it is for FP and nothing else..

Thanks,
speedy

Speedy1027

RFE Status changed for me this morning as well (dated 10/7), however no text messages. Text message service does not seem to be consistent

I am pretty sure these are FP notices.

My status changed to RFE today (10/08). The message says that the RFE notice was mailed on 10/06. Hopefully it's FP notice.

vaa, boomboy and vagrawal,

I have sent N-400 on 9/21 received on 9/22 but didn't get receipt yet, not eve check cased

Speedy1027

RFE Status changed for me this morning as well (dated 10/7), however no text messages. Text message service does not seem to be consistent

I am pretty sure these are FP notices.

USICIS consistency....doesn't it sound like an oxymoron?:D

On a lighter note...I wish that they are FP notices for you.

Thanks,
Speedy