September 2009 n-400 fillers

vaa, boomboy and vagrawal,

I have sent N-400 on 9/21 received on 9/22 but didn't get receipt yet, not eve check cased

Don't worry. Our checks were cashed today, 24 days after our applications were received. It just takes time.

All,

May be I am being naive here , I got I-797C Notice of action and I have an Application Number NBC$*********. Is this the receipt number?, I tried to see the status of the application online and I got the message “The application receipt number entered is invalid. Please check your receipt number and try again.”

Thanks

Received FP notice today. RFE message is for FP as expected. FP is scheduled on 10/23, two weeks from today.

Anyone knows if I can reschedule the FP date to a later date, about a week later than the scheduled? Thanks.

All,

May be I am being naive here , I got I-797C Notice of action and I have an Application Number NBC$*********. Is this the receipt number?, I tried to see the status of the application online and I got the message “The application receipt number entered is invalid. Please check your receipt number and try again.”

Thanks
I believe the receipt number is NBC*000xxxxxx. This is an * after NBC, not a $.

I believe the receipt number is NBC*000xxxxxx. This is an * after NBC, not a $.

ok.. got it, at the bottom left at the end of USCIS Office Address it is written as $ not *. (??) that wat I was the problem, any way I checked the status with * instead of $ and there is an RFE, updated time line below....

09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
x/xx/09: FP notice date
x/xx/09: FP notice received
x/xx/09: FP appointment
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

ok.. got it, at the bottom left at the end of USCIS Office Address it is written as $ not *. (??) that wat I was the problem, any way I checked the status with * instead of $ and there is an RFE, updated time line below....

Believe it or not, in my NOA letter, the receipt number after NBC* is different from the number after NBC$

Believe it or not, in my NOA letter, the receipt number after NBC* is different from the number after NBC$

Same here, looks like our time lines are about the same, I have the RFE on 10/6 but hasn't received anything, may be on tomorrow's mail...

Yes NBC number is the receipt number..
Dashes ("-") should be omitted when entering a receipt number. However, all other characters, including asterisks ("*"), can be included if listed on your notice as part of the receipt number.

All,

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status Update...

FP notice received... I saw some post saying the ID will be about 60+ days from the FP date?, because my GC date is Dec 15 so would like to have the ID after 12/15.... :)

09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
10/07/09: FP notice date
10/10/09: FP notice received
10/24/09: FP appointment
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

my friends, one question-

i just received the FP notice today, but the application center listed on notice is far from me, it's different from the one i took bio for my green card ( one block away from my office), can i still go to the old FP office? Any one has the experience to share? Thank you in advance.

my friends, one question-

i just received the FP notice today, but the application center listed on notice is far from me, it's different from the one i took bio for my green card ( one block away from my office), can i still go to the old FP office? Any one has the experience to share? Thank you in advance.

Hey, you gotta deal with that. Less than in couple of weeks I have to drive over 200 miles to attend my interview and drive over 200 miles back. Sometimes places where we live are far away from DO. Hey how far are you from your DO? Im unlucky I live right between two DOs Both DOs are over 200 miles away from me. To be exact - One is like 210 miles, Another one is 207 miles. And guess what? they send me to closest one. It will help me tp save few cents on gas.

this time they sent me the one 20 miles away, but normally i

took FT at an office half mile away from my office. It seems like i have to go to the one 20 miles away this time, not a big deal! thank you!

Hey, you gotta deal with that. Less than in couple of weeks I have to drive over 200 miles to attend my interview and drive over 200 miles back. Sometimes places where we live are far away from DO. Hey how far are you from your DO? Im unlucky I live right between two DOs Both DOs are over 200 miles away from me. To be exact - One is like 210 miles, Another one is 207 miles. And guess what? they send me to closest one. It will help me tp save few cents on gas.

Guys,

How long it should take to receive FP notice from the mailed date? The on line status says RFE sent on 10/06 but I did not receive it. Is there any cause to worry?

Below are my details.
09/28/2009: Priority date
09/28/2009: Check cashed
10/06/2009:Status Changed to RFE (FP Notice)
**/**/***: Notice received
**/**/***: FP notice date
**/**/***: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

Guys,

How long it should take to receive FP notice from the mailed date? The on line status says RFE sent on 10/06 but I did not receive it. Is there any cause to worry?

Below are my details.
09/28/2009: Priority date
09/28/2009: Check cashed
10/06/2009:Status Changed to RFE (FP Notice)
**/**/***: Notice received
**/**/***: FP notice date
**/**/***: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

Give it a couple more days it should arrive..mine got changed on 10/7

Last edited by a moderator: