September 2009 n-400 fillers

We completed our finger printing today at Seattle. The whole process took 2 and half hours.
Does anyone have a similar experience?
How long does it take typically between the fingerprinting and the notice for interview?

Thanks.

Same here. It took me more than 2 hours to get fingerprinted...

Hey guys, I got a status update today with "This case has been sent for a standard interview" as the new status. From the look of things, I should get my interview letter in the mail between now and Saturday afternoon. I am really getting excited now. The possibility of becoming an American citizen before Christmas is becoming more feasible. In fact, I beleive it could happen before Thanksgiving :)

I wish the rest of you waiting for some status update the very best. It will happen before you know it!

Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I received the FP notice. Below is the updated signature.

The notice says I can go on any Wednesday but IO heard people going on Saturday.

Can I go on Saturday nad get it done or they will send me back.

Thanks,

qazxsw

DO West Palm Beach
09/28/2009: Priority date
09/28/2009: Check cashed
10/06/2009:Status Changed to RFE (FP Notice)
10/07/2009: FP notice date
10/14/2009: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

Finally, I received the FP notice. Below is the updated signature.

The notice says I can go on any Wednesday but IO heard people going on Saturday.

Can I go on Saturday nad get it done or they will send me back.

Thanks,

qazxsw

DO West Palm Beach
**/**/***: FP Done

It depends on DO and the person working there. Some allow it with no issues, whereas others like to enforce their powers.

Hey guys, I got a status update today with "This case has been sent for a standard interview" as the new status. From the look of things, I should get my interview letter in the mail between now and Saturday afternoon. I am really getting excited now. The possibility of becoming an American citizen before Christmas is becoming more feasible. In fact, I beleive it could happen before Thanksgiving :)

I wish the rest of you waiting for some status update the very best. It will happen before you know it!

Cheers!!!

Hi John - That is great news. Looks like early FP worked in your favour and resulted in quick movement. :D:D I know you indicated earlier but I don't remember now, can you inform again whether your is 5 year application or 3 year marriage based application and also when is the date when your N-400 is eligible (3rd or 5th anniversary date). Good luck.

Today status changed to "Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled"

I agree. First had to wait at counter 1 and then wait again at A11 (it was something 11).

I did not have to wait at counter 1. But in all, Seattle DO uses three queues. The queue at counter 1 which gives you the waiting number for counter A11 (2nd queue), which then gives another waiting number for the final queue inside the finger-printing room which was at best understaffed and slow.

Update

09/08/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(Self and Wife)
09/10/09: N-400 Received
10/05/09: Checks cashed
10/02/09: NOA received with a priority date of 10/01
10/09/09: Status changed to RFE
10/27/09: FP appointment (Self and Wife)

Hi John - That is great news. Looks like early FP worked in your favour and resulted in quick movement. :D:D I know you indicated earlier but I don't remember now, can you inform again whether your is 5 year application or 3 year marriage based application and also when is the date when your N-400 is eligible (3rd or 5th anniversary date). Good luck.

Hi Sunks:

I am applying on marriage based application. Actually I have been overdue. November 13th 2008 was my 3rd year GC anniverssary which co-incidentally was my 4th year wedding anniverssary. So in other words, I have been due to apply since Aug 13th last year but I just didnt see the reason for the rush but now I wished I had rushed then because there are opportunities I missed earlier this year for not being a citizen.

Anyway, I am not going to cry over spilt milk. I am glad things are working fine now and I cant wait to get the interview and oath over with. In fact, I am applying for passport and card same day as oath provided I finish the oath ceremony early enough. This is because I am already planning some business and personal trip for next year and I will love to take advantage of not having for get visa to go to some countries.

Anyway, I will continue to update you with any new development on my end. If we go by the way they handled my case, you should be getting some notice before the end of next week regarding interview.

I wish you the best.

John

I completed my walk in FP today. When can I call FBI to check the status and waht number?

Thanks,

qazxsw

DO West Palm Beach
10/16/2009: FP Done (walk in)

you can email them now @ liasion@leo.gov with your A#
I completed my walk in FP today. When can I call FBI to check the status and waht number?

Thanks,

qazxsw

DO West Palm Beach
10/16/2009: FP Done (walk in)

Waiting on the Status Change email...

FP done on Sep 22nd, FBI check returned back on Oct 02nd.

3rd week almost done, still waiting for the Status Change... :cool:

Hey qazxsw,

You can call FBI on (304) 625-5590. I options you are to follow are 2,5 and then 3. I am not sure if you can call them on Saturday but definitely on Monday.

Best wishes!!!

You can call them on Monday and give them your A# number. They will tell if they have processed your FP's and sent it back to the USCIS. Good luck.

I got my interview letter in the mail today. My interview is schedule for November 19th. For those of you still waiting for one update of the other, I wish you the best. Between now and my interview, I will occassional check to see if there is any insight I can offer anyone. I will so love to give back to this forum as much as I can because the resources and guide you guys provided has been very helpful. Depending on how the Oath is scheduled, citizenship before thanksgiving is still possible!!! :) :) :)

Wish you all the very best!!!

I got my interview letter in the mail today. My interview is schedule for November 19th. For those of you still waiting for one update of the other, I wish you the best. Between now and my interview, I will occassional check to see if there is any insight I can offer anyone. I will so love to give back to this forum as much as I can because the resources and guide you guys provided has been very helpful. Depending on how the Oath is scheduled, citizenship before thanksgiving is still possible!!! :) :) :)

Wish you all the very best!!!

John - That is great news. Things moved at a good pace for you. I think in KS they do not have same day oath so you would have to wait for few days to complete all formalities.

Looks like you missed on three way celebrations on 13th Nov. Wedding & GC anniverssary but not Citizenship. :D:D:

Good luck. Please keep posted. Thanks.

Hi Sunks:

I am applying on marriage based application. Actually I have been overdue. November 13th 2008 was my 3rd year GC anniverssary which co-incidentally was my 4th year wedding anniverssary. John

Updated Timeline

DO: Fairfax, VA
09/11/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX
09/15/09: N-400 Received
10/05/09: Checks cashed
10/13/09: FP notice received
10/27/09: FP appointment
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID