• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello Mom, I appreciate your dedication for us.

I have a question about changing consular process to AOS. How long will it take completing AOS process this year, and is there possibility to finish the process if I change from consular process to AOS now?
My case is AS28XXX and submitted DS260 last year, but still don't hear anything back from KCC. I wonder AOS might be faster this year specific...

I have a question about changing consular process to AOS. How long will it take completing AOS process this year, and is there possibility to finish the process if I change from consular process to AOS now?
My case is AS28XXX and submitted DS260 last year, but still don't hear anything back from KCC. I wonder AOS might be faster this year specific...
What is your current status in the US?

I'm a F1 student
Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of the average processing time.

Quick question, we are about to send the package. Should we put admin fee receipt and marriage certificate to main applicants and derivative’s file? Or only one copies for main applicant is enough?

Quick question, we are about to send the package. Should we put admin fee receipt and marriage certificate to main applicants and derivative’s file? Or only one copies for main applicant is enough?
It makes sense (and seemingly has no harm) to consider the forms for the main applicant and the derivative as two independent applications and provide a set of document copies you mentioned for each application.

I have to pay I-485 for two person. Total will be $2450. I’m worrying that G-1450 can be denied, you never know. Is that fine if I’ll send 4 money orders? As the limit is $1000. Two for my wife, two for me.

My passport has just entered the last 6 month of its validity. Our embassy takes about 3 months to renew a passport. I wanted to get it renewed but it won't be ready before a potential interview/bio appointment.

Q: Is it ok to attend the interview/bio appointment with a passport with less than 6 month to its expiration date?

I have to pay I-485 for two person. Total will be $2450. I’m worrying that G-1450 can be denied, you never know. Is that fine if I’ll send 4 money orders? As the limit is $1000. Two for my wife, two for me.
4 money orders (2 per person/AOS package) is allowed.

My passport has just entered the last 6 month of its validity. Our embassy takes about 3 months to renew a passport. I wanted to get it renewed but it won't be ready before a potential interview/bio appointment.

Q: Is it ok to attend the interview/bio appointment with a passport with less than 6 month to its expiration date?
Yes it is.

My CN is AS8*** from Nepal and my CN will be current in July. So my question is, can I send my package on July instead of june?

I have a question.
I made a request to KCC to switch from CP to AoS process, but I have not received a reply from KCC yet. Is there any problem to send the money order of DV administration fee $330 to KCC in this states?

I've just learned that my cashier check is cleared by USCIS on May 19.

My experience with cashier check was a bit rough. I have difficulty to monitor whether checks are cleared or not. Whenever I call bank, they say we do not see the chec, call the branch. When I call branch they transfer me to the customer service.

Today, I explained what's going on between branch and customer service to the branch. They look the cashier check more thoroughly and find that it was cleared on 19th May.

So, I guess you guys better to send money orders even if it has a $1000 max. Write remaining $225 in a separate money order.

@Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ I don't know, how to express all the gratitude to you for all your help.

It has been 2 months since my interview, I reached out to USCIS through the Congressmen, didn't receive any response from them.

Today I initiated Expedite request once again because the previous one wasn't expedited (they just responded, that they are waiting for a background check) and I got an answer from the officer, that he has approved my case and my status changed to New Card Is Being Produced.

It will change if the if address in the neighboring State falls under a different FO. If you’re only going away on vacation, you don’t need to initiate a change of address with USCIS. But make sure you can access your mail while you’re gone, you don’t want to miss your bio or interview appointment.
Thank you for the reply! I am planning to be away from the 'home' state from end of May and will return in mid-August. As there is no guarantee that the case will be adjudicated before that and the process can can go till end of September, not filling change of address with USCIS sounds logical/safe in this scenario.

One more silly question. Since my rent is up at the end of May, I technically won't have a physical address till mid-August, would you recommend just getting a PO Box or giving an address of a trusted friend who is in the area? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the reply! I am planning to be away from the 'home' state from end of May and will return in mid-August. As there is no guarantee that the case will be adjudicated before that and the process can can go till end of September, not filling change of address with USCIS sounds logical/safe in this scenario.

One more silly question. Since my rent is up at the end of May, I technically won't have a physical address till mid-August, would you recommend just getting a PO Box or giving an address of a trusted friend who is in the area? Thanks in advance!
I suppose you could update to that of a trusted friend who can inform you should any notice show up for you. Be aware, USCIS may still end up send correspondence to your previous address even after initiating an address change.