• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

@Sm1smom I also had traffic citation. It was improper right turn which I paid $20 and did not have to go to court. I paid in person and they just gave me a receipt of payment, which I dont know where it is.

Do you think i need to go get the reciept or something like that to show during my interview? TIA
No you don’t need documents for that citation, but I recommend you mention it on your I-485.

Quick update on the DV payment receipt ( $330)
Sent on 4/22
Cashed on 4/27
Got a receipt on 5/12 by mail.

Already mailed AOS Package by the time I received the receipt. I guess I just need to bring the receipt to the interview then and no need to send as a follow up?
Yup.

What is the address we should send the final package with i485?
I can`t find it in the checklist, may be you can share instructions (for the payment of AOS fee + biomentrics fee)?

Thank you

For those that sent the package, did you do the two holes on top? It digs on some of my documents, although they are still legible.
Mom. what's your recommendation?

Hello! I wanted to confirm one thing. I got my NoA on March 10 (case current in February) and now just waiting for the bio/interview. I will be staying over summer with a family in the neighboring state. I think i got the answer through the search but just wanted to confirm. So, when I move and do change of address with USCIS my AOS/FO won't change, right? I will just have to drive back.

Thanks in advance!

Hello! I wanted to confirm one thing. I got my NoA on March 10 (case current in February) and now just waiting for the bio/interview. I will be staying over summer with a family in the neighboring state. I think i got the answer through the search but just wanted to confirm. So, when I move and do change of address with USCIS my AOS/FO won't change, right? I will just have to drive back.

Thanks in advance!
It will change if the if address in the neighboring State falls under a different FO. If you’re only going away on vacation, you don’t need to initiate a change of address with USCIS. But make sure you can access your mail while you’re gone, you don’t want to miss your bio or interview appointment.

Well, I can’t help you remember or figure this out if you can’t even remember how you made the payment as in if you paid online or if you paid in person or wrote a check.
I did pay them all online. However, can i attach the driving records as a valid documentations to these citations?

I did pay them all online. However, can i attach the driving records as a valid documentations to these citations?
If you went through @coffeemonster’s post above, you would have seen traffic fines and incidents of less that $500 do not require documentations. If any of your fines was $500 or above, then you will need proper documentation, and your driving records cannot replace the required documentation.

If you went through @coffeemonster’s post above, you would have seen traffic fines and incidents of less that $500 do not require documentations. If any of your fines was $500 or above, then you will need proper documentation, and your driving records cannot replace the required documentation.
Mom, None of them were above $500. Do i still need to put yes on form?

Just to clarify:

1) I never did personal check or cashier`s check. Am I right that I should just go to the bank I use and tell them to issue cashier`s check with "Pay to the order of": U.S. Department of Homeland Security? And then put this check with my package.
2) Also, should I do just one check for 1225 (biometric + fee) or two separate checks?
3) There is no information in the excel checklist that we should include 2 Two passport-style photographs in the package , while USCIS checklist says about this requirement, it it necessary?
4) I can`t download my Tax transcript from IRS and I just worked one summer in the US, is it nice to have or must have?

Thank you Mom!

Hi mom,

First off I wanted to thank you for what you do here for all of us, you are incredibly helpful!

I have one quick question: my number has gone current this month and I have submitted my package to USCIS at the beginning of the month (I'm doing an AOS). How long should I expect, on average, to receive the confirmation email saying that they received my documents? I am not asking about the 2NL, but simply a confirmation that they received my package. It's now been two weeks and I haven't received anything, would you recommend reaching out to them?

Thanks.

I have questions about form i-485 for my elementary school-age son (dependent):

1. In Part 10 6.a(Applicant's signature), how should I sign there? Should I include his name and my name with my signature or is there another standard way?
2. Should I file my details in Part 12 as a Person Preparing my son's i-485 form?

Just to clarify:

1) I never did personal check or cashier`s check. Am I right that I should just go to the bank I use and tell them to issue cashier`s check with "Pay to the order of": U.S. Department of Homeland Security? And then put this check with my package.
2) Also, should I do just one check for 1225 (biometric + fee) or two separate checks?
3) There is no information in the excel checklist that we should include 2 Two passport-style photographs in the package , while USCIS checklist says about this requirement, it it necessary?
4) I can`t download my Tax transcript from IRS and I just worked one summer in the US, is it nice to have or must have?

Thank you Mom!
1. Yes.
2. One check.
3. Are you sure the spreadsheet doesn’t say anything about passport photos?
4. It is part of what can be used to demonstrate income earning capability which can be used in determining if one is likely to become a public charge or not.

I wouldn’t bother hole punching the documents, the Lockbox employees can deal with it - there are no brownie points for hole punching the documents.
Thank you.
I485 question, part 1, question 24, current status if it has changed since arrival: I entered as F1 and I am still F1, should I put N/A or F1?

Last edited:
Hi mom,

First off I wanted to thank you for what you do here for all of us, you are incredibly helpful!

I have one quick question: my number has gone current this month and I have submitted my package to USCIS at the beginning of the month (I'm doing an AOS). How long should I expect, on average, to receive the confirmation email saying that they received my documents? I am not asking about the 2NL, but simply a confirmation that they received my package. It's now been two weeks and I haven't received anything, would you recommend reaching out to them?

Thanks.
Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long on average it’s taken others.