• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

To those who are going through I-90 for replacement cards,

I had my last and first name swapped on my initial GC. I filed I-90 immediately in September 2021. First forward, At the end of November 2023, I had my application approved and received the green card with the correct name. It took 26 months in total.

In the meantime, I was using the incorrect GC for the entry. I had probably entered the country for more than 10 times and NO ONE noticed that my name was swapped on the card so overall I had no issues with it. The only thing is that I could not apppy to global entry since they do verify the name on passport and GC. That’s about it. Hope this is helpful and good luck!

To those who are going through I-90 for replacement cards,

I had my last and first name swapped on my initial GC. I filed I-90 immediately in September 2021. First forward, At the end of November 2023, I had my application approved and received the green card with the correct name. It took 26 months in total.

In the meantime, I was using the incorrect GC for the entry. I had probably entered the country for more than 10 times and NO ONE noticed that my name was swapped on the card so overall I had no issues with it. The only thing is that I could not apppy to global entry since they do verify the name on passport and GC. That’s about it. Hope this is helpful and good luck!
Thanks for this response, it's quite helpful!

I also had applied for I-90 in September 2021 cause our daughter's date of birth had a typo. She did her bio-metrics in October 21 and at the end of October 2023, we received her new corrected GC. It took 25 months to get the new one but unlike you, we didn't travel.

I have a question for those with pending asylum cases who got selected for the DV and managed to process their AOS successfully. What RFE did you give that justified your extended stay after your status expired? I know some people argue Matter of Orban which can be a grey area. Aside from "claiming USCIS" did not process a claim in requisite time, what other RFE was used?