• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thought I would also share my full experience with DV process as I had a roller coaster experience and will benefit people to circumvent from hitting walls

My case is a AOS and FTJ

October 2 – File sent to USCIS . I did early filing ( 1 month ahead). No issues

November 2 -payment cashed

November 9 – NOA received – I realized the DOB was wrong in my receipt. It was an error on my side where I had the the year wrong . Called USCIS the same day – the front desk person put in a typographical error request. About 4 days from the request I got an email from FO saying I can get the DOB error corrected at the interview so I let it be rather than filing another application with correct DOB ( This was Moms advice too).

Waited till February 2021 – did not get a bio notice. I made a request to talk to a tier 2 agent. Got a call after 16 days. Luckily this agent was very helpful. Explained my situation and told him that I was on a tight timeline since I have to do FTJ. He scheduled my biometrics over the phone and said my notice will arrive soon.

Tip -
when calling USCIS - on the first prompt say technical support ...on the second prompt also say Technical support - you will be connected to an agent right away .

March 2 – did my bio – I just told the lady at the location about my DOB error. She said to get it adjusted at the interview . No issues bio was done

March 5 – FO sent an email stating they had an interview cancelled on march 16 and if I would be willing to take it. I replied yes. I also requested them to send the interview notice via email just in case.

March 7 – received interview notice

March 16 Interview – Interview took abt 10 minutes. The officer went over the i485. That was it. I got the DOB error fixed. I had a huge file with me to provide any originals if he asked.. but he did not ask for anything in fact I didn’t even have to open my file. The officer said "I can approve your case"- and tried to do it on the system and said there is a clerical error and KCC had not sent the file. He said this is his first time handling a DV case and needs to contact a supervisor. I said do you have a timeline- the officer said 2 days max. That’s was it I left the office !!

Stressful 1 month after the interview- I heard nothing after the interview. The status said DOB updated. I was on h1b and to makes things worse.. I get a call from my staffing agency stating they are closing down and to transfer the h1 ASAP. (Cherry on top!)…..

KCC nightmare - Week after the interview I emailed KCC to ask if USCIS requested my file. After 2 weeks the reply they sent was –“ Call USCIS at 1800…” BS. I sent them an email again clearly mentioning what was going on – guess what after 2 weeks they emailed the same template –“ Call USCIS at 1800…”.
Patiently I replied again – then some one at KCC replied that “I had a case of 2 and only paid for 1”. I was fuming at this point!!. I replied to them that the other person is FTJ. They could not still fig it out although I had ds260 filed and also sent them a cover letter stating clearly the other person is my wife doing FTJ. Anyways after explaining all that the reply I got was “Call USCIS at 1800…” BS. At this point I had enough. I literally sent an email with block capitals which might have shook the whole KCC yelling at them to stop sending template replies and to read the emails properly – Luckily it worked they replied the same day telling my file was sent to USCIS. Lost about 1 month here with KCC cos they take 2 weeks for a reply!!

Waited 2 weeks after that – checking the status everyday no change!

May 3rd-submitted a congressional inquiry

May 10th– received response from congress case worker – the response said “The case is under review with IO and we have alerted the Officer"

May 11th– New card in production- I don’t know if it was the congressional inquiry but it worked

May 14th– “we mailed your new card”

Next burden is FTJ. I hope itll go smooth and hope to not to go bald by the time I meet my wife from all the stress :D
did you submit I-824 along with i-485 for follow to join?

go to options of adobe pdf reader and disable java script
Another option could be using ‘microsoft edge’ to open the pdf file. This way you’ll be able to type in whatever you want with no restriction!
(Of course for windows users only!)

Couple questions regarding filing i485, appreciate for the response:

1) I have two citizenships, should I include both passports or the one I`m applying with (3.a from the checklist)
2) Most recent IRS Tax Transcripts - this year is the first year I filed tax return (for my 2020 summer internship), do I still need to file IRS Tax Transcripts?
3) I haven`t received 2nl after submission of DS260, should I include DS260 submission confirmation page?

Thank you!

Hi mom,
This question is regarding the i-485 form. Part 8: item no 25.
I have been cited three times on traffic violations. But they have all been taken off my records. However it requires me to recall the dates of the incident which i do remember. What should i do?

I submitted mine with I-485 concurrently to the lockbox and was accepted but no green card approval yet (Current april) so I am just waiting to see how it goes. I now remember your story.
I was under the perhaps mistaken impression that the i824 should only be submitted after your green card is approved. But anyway current uscis processing times listed for i824 are 3.5-6 months. I think (mom can clarify if I’m wrong) this (processing times at uscis) is why the spreadsheet suggests handing it in at the interview rather than submitting to uscis.

Couple questions regarding filing i485, appreciate for the response:

1) I have two citizenships, should I include both passports or the one I`m applying with (3.a from the checklist)
2) Most recent IRS Tax Transcripts - this year is the first year I filed tax return (for my 2020 summer internship), do I still need to file IRS Tax Transcripts?
3) I haven`t received 2nl after submission of DS260, should I include DS260 submission confirmation page?

Thank you!
1. Yes if they both contain your US visa.
2. You don’t file an IRS tax transcript, you download from the IRS website (or order a mailed copy).
2. Not necessary.

Hi mom,
This question is regarding the i-485 form. Part 8: item no 25.
I have been cited three times on traffic violations. But they have all been taken off my records. However it requires me to recall the dates of the incident which i do remember. What should i do?
Did you attend traffic schools as a result? Did you make electro payment? Go through your email, you may be able to find the information there.

Did you attend traffic schools as a result? Did you make electro payment? Go through your email, you may be able to find the information there.
For the first one i plead guilty, and that lasted on my records for couple of years. For the second one i did a course to dismiss the ticket and for the third i did not have to take the course but made the payment for the citation and was cleared off my records. Do i need any court documents?

For the first one i plead guilty, and that lasted on my records for couple of years. For the second one i did a course to dismiss the ticket and for the third i did not have to take the course but made the payment for the citation and was cleared off my records. Do i need any court documents?

See the I-485 instructions:

In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an
actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license. However,
you must submit such documentation if the traffic incident resulted in criminal charges or involved alcohol, drugs, or
injury to a person or property

Obviously you know the amounts of the fines and if alcohol, drugs, injury or damage were involved. But people sometimes don't know whether the thing they plead guilty to was a crime (misdemeanor) or an infraction. It's possilble to be charged with a minor crime and not be arrested, and only pay a small fine. The best way to tell is from the ticket or the court records. But generally misdemeanors do not disappear from your record automatically - you usually have to apply to get them expunged (in which case you must still disclose them to USCIS btw).

If you don't have any records, but you can remember exactly what you were cited with, you can look it up and see if it's an infraction. You could also contact the court and see if they have any records.

If you attended a court hearing and pled guilty for the first citation, you need the court records. So contact the court for the documents. For the remaining two, go through your records for the detail of the infractions, you may or may not need court records for those two, it depends on what you were cited for.

Hi,
I am a DV2021 winner and have been working in the US with E2 VISA. CP was planned, but I am planning to switch to AoS now. I have a question. If the AoS process is not completed by September 30, could my E2VISA status be affected? Can I keep my E2 VISA status after September 30?

Hi,
I am a DV2021 winner and have been working in the US with E2 VISA. CP was planned, but I am planning to switch to AoS now. I have a question. If the AoS process is not completed by September 30, could my E2VISA status be affected? Can I keep my E2 VISA status after September 30?
As long as you continue to maintain all conditions of your E2 status until then, yes.

If you attended a court hearing and pled guilty for the first citation, you need the court records. So contact the court for the documents. For the remaining two, go through your records for the detail of the infractions, you may or may not need court records for those two, it depends on what you were cited for.
Mom, for the first one i did not appear in court but pleaded guilty and made the payment. I forgot how i made the payment for the ticket. It was back in 2016.First one was for driving under learners licence and remaining two were for speeding

Last edited:
Mom, for the first one i did not appear in court but pleaded guilty and made the payment. I forgot how i made the payment for the ticket. It was back in 2016.First one was for driving under learners licence and remaining two were for speeding
Well, I can’t help you remember or figure this out if you can’t even remember how you made the payment as in if you paid online or if you paid in person or wrote a check.

@Sm1smom I also had traffic citation. It was improper right turn which I paid $20 and did not have to go to court. I paid in person and they just gave me a receipt of payment, which I dont know where it is.

Do you think i need to go get the reciept or something like that to show during my interview? TIA