• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Please use your discretion. I don’t know the kind of work you did, so I can’t tell you what the appropriate title should be.
Thanks, mom. It was a research type of job, I worked with a professor and we published a paper together. My question basically is that should I mention that it was a volunteer job or not?

Thanks, mom. It was a research type of job, I worked with a professor and we published a paper together. My question basically is that should I mention that it was a volunteer job or not?
So you worked as a Research Assistant in that case. You can go ahead and list it.

What does the rejection notice that came with the package say? Does it say to resend package with an attached notice which they included? If yes, simply return the package as is, you don’t need to separate them. If the CS’s signature is still within the acceptable 60 day period, you can simply resend the medical exam as is - USCIS is aware they opened the original sealed medical report. But if the CS’s signature will be over 60 days by the time the package gets received, then you need to go back to your CS and get a new medical report prior to re-sending the package.

Thank you so much for every answers. I really appreciated. So the CS’s signature was on 04/02/2021 This is what the notice said my G1450 was denied

Attachments

• 85CEFCDE-88AD-47EF-80FD-F0A7AAA97DB6.jpeg
    85CEFCDE-88AD-47EF-80FD-F0A7AAA97DB6.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 2194C0F6-DDBD-46F8-B1ED-F64AF433B713.jpeg
    2194C0F6-DDBD-46F8-B1ED-F64AF433B713.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
It is entering the US on that visa (becoming a lpr). Please be sure you understand the full implications of the HRR. Without a waiver he cannot get a green card without first spending two years at home after the J1 is complete.
Thank you for the response. To get a waiver, he has to serve in an underserved region in the US for few years, where there are shortage of healthcare providers but only after completing his training that'll be few more years..
Don't know how it's going to workout, still keeping my hopes high.. though embassy has not scheduled a single case yet.
Thank you so much for taking time out to reply to this query..it gave me a clear picture.

Activate visa status = equals being admitted into the US (entering the US on that visa).

Since that visa is subject to a 2-year HRR, then you are better off staying back since you’re the DV selectee. If you get scheduled for an interview, you attend that interview with your 2 kids without your husband, since he would have already entered the US with his J1. Once you settle down in the US, you look into sponsoring him for his own GC. He will need to obtain a waiver for the 2-year HRR of course, but I think you guys will have enough time to take care of that.
Thank you mom

H
Activate visa status = equals being admitted into the US (entering the US on that visa).

Since that visa is subject to a 2-year HRR, then you are better off staying back since you’re the DV selectee. If you get scheduled for an interview, you attend that interview with your 2 kids without your husband, since he would have already entered the US with his J1. Once you settle down in the US, you look into sponsoring him for his own GC. He will need to obtain a waiver for the 2-year HRR of course, but I think you guys will have enough time to take care of that.
Hello again, so if I wait till September and don't get a CP and also participate in a lawsuit, would it be wise to enter the US after September or wait for the effect of lawsuit.

Hello,
I’m an international student currently living the U.S.. I just found out I was selected for DV 2022. I haven’t applied for AOS yet and my ranking number is 17***. Before finding out I was selected I had planned to go home for the summer. Do you think I can still go home, come back and then apply for AOS or it’s better for me to not leave the country? Thank you for your help

H

Hello again, so if I wait till September and don't get a CP and also participate in a lawsuit, would it be wise to enter the US after September or wait for the effect of lawsuit.
Knowing you’ll immediately become subject to the 2-year HRR once you enter the US on your J2, that is a question you’ll have to figure out on your own.

Thank you so much for every answers. I really appreciated. So the CS’s signature was on 04/02/2021 This is what the notice said my G1450 was denied
Man. File again but use cashier check! You need new medical test gonna cost 300. Do it soon as you can.

Thank you for the response. To get a waiver, he has to serve in an underserved region in the US for few years, where there are shortage of healthcare providers but only after completing his training that'll be few more years..
Don't know how it's going to workout, still keeping my hopes high.. though embassy has not scheduled a single case yet.
Thank you so much for taking time out to reply to this query..it gave me a clear picture.
So he clearly would not get a waiver in time to benefit from DV (and even if you sponsor him later, it will be some years before he is able to adjust status).

I have a question about the Spreadsheet.
What does "SASE" in the Notes column of Step 5 of AOS Process mean? There is a following sentence in the sheet:.

** Remember to include a SASE with the form and your payment fee

Hi thank you for all your help!
I had an F1 VISA back in 2012 and worked with the OPT program in 2013.
Then I moved to my home country and I came back to the US in 2018 with an L1 VISA.

I am not 100% sure if I should send all the documents related to my old F1 VISA (including the expired I-20 and EAD) so I can demonstrate I was not out of status or just all the information related to the L1 VISA. (Including all the CBP stamps).

Thanks!

Hi thank you for all your help!
I had an F1 VISA back in 2012 and worked with the OPT program in 2013.
Then I moved to my home country and I came back to the US in 2018 with an L1 VISA.

I am not 100% sure if I should send all the documents related to my old F1 VISA (including the expired I-20 and EAD) so I can demonstrate I was not out of status or just all the information related to the L1 VISA. (Including all the CBP stamps).

Thanks!
Including the F1 visa documents is recommended - it shows you never violated your status in the past.