• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

@Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ I don't know, how to express all the gratitude to you for all your help.

It has been 2 months since my interview, I reached out to USCIS through the Congressmen, didn't receive any response from them.

Today I initiated Expedite request once again because the previous one wasn't expedited (they just responded, that they are waiting for a background check) and I got an answer from the officer, that he has approved my case and my status changed to New Card Is Being Produced.
Congratulations. Happy for you.

@Sm1smom @SusieQQQ
I just got an email from USCIS stating they closed my case I765 /I131 -Stating "Case closed benefits received by other means". I dont have to do anything on this right?..just wanted to double check!

Good afternoon,

I had one question: I sent my AOS application while my OPT permit was pending. Because of this, I did'nt had an A number to put for my AOS application.

Forward some time, and my OPT was accepted and I was granted an A number.

I just got my receipt notice for my AOS application, and I observe that I have been granted a new, and different A number. So right now, I have 2 A's numbers in my possesion. One from my OPT, and one from my AOS application.

Is this normal? Should I do something?

Thanks a lot!

Good afternoon,

I had one question: I sent my AOS application while my OPT permit was pending. Because of this, I did'nt had an A number to put for my AOS application.

Forward some time, and my OPT was accepted and I was granted an A number.

I just got my receipt notice for my AOS application, and I observe that I have been granted a new, and different A number. So right now, I have 2 A's numbers in my possesion. One from my OPT, and one from my AOS application.

Is this normal? Should I do something?

Thanks a lot!
Don’t worry about it, it sometimes happens even when people have given an old A number.

I don’t think they’re making a new attempt at cashing the check, they typically make a one time attempt. I’m guessing they connected it with the first package/payment, which is why I’m recommending to not rock the boat for now by trying to withdraw it (I could be wrong of course). Fingers crossed, you’ll get your bio notice soon and we may get a better insight then.
Hello Mom,

Today we got our bio notice for both cases (first and second packages - altogether 4 notices for me and my spouse). In all notices, we have the same day and time for biometrics. When we check case status online for the second package, it still shows "fingerprint fee was received." So,
1. Do you think that they have connected the second one with the first package?
2. If so, how could we know that they have connected the second one with the first one?

Thank you.

@Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ I don't know, how to express all the gratitude to you for all your help.

It has been 2 months since my interview, I reached out to USCIS through the Congressmen, didn't receive any response from them.

Today I initiated Expedite request once again because the previous one wasn't expedited (they just responded, that they are waiting for a background check) and I got an answer from the officer, that he has approved my case and my status changed to New Card Is Being Produced.
Congratulations! Could I know your CN? Thank you.

Hello Mom,

Today we got our bio notice for both cases (first and second packages - altogether 4 notices for me and my spouse). In all notices, we have the same day and time for biometrics. When we check case status online for the second package, it still shows "fingerprint fee was received." So,
1. Do you think that they have connected the second one with the first package?
2. If so, how could we know that they have connected the second one with the first one?

Thank you.
1. Probably yes. Be sure to present both notices when you go for the bio (insist on getting both stamped once you’ve completed the bio capture).
2. No way to confirm, until you go for the interview. They will both get sent to the same FO, I wouldn’t stress about this anymore as it looks like they’re both progressing together (only one will be approved of course). The IO, at the time of your interview will combine both, if they’ve not been combined by then.

1. Probably yes. Be sure to present both notices when you go for the bio (insist on getting both stamped once you’ve completed the bio capture).
2. No way to confirm, until you go for the interview. They will both get sent to the same FO, I wouldn’t stress about this anymore as it looks like they’re both progressing together (only one will be approved of course). The IO, at the time of your interview will combine both, if they’ve not been combined by then.
Hello Mom,

Thank you for your response. Hopefully, we will get the interview notice soon.

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to ask you about something regarding my case. I have been waiting for my interview for quite some time now (submitted my AOS since January and still waiting) and still haven't gotten anything. My lawyer spoke to a tier 2 agent and they told him that they sent my file from my main FO to another one nearby for faster interview appointment; they emphasized that it's their normal procedure which I don't think I ever heard of before. They also said not to call back till August to ask for updates which got me worried.

I guess my questions are; should I get worried about this? does this happen often? and wouldn't this cause extra delays for being set back in a new line at a new FO? I appreciate the insights everyone and god bless

Hi everyone, just letting you know my Bio interview was waived because pending asylum status (they already have our fingerprints), I have an app where I see the status of the case and the next day (today) I also received the notification that the case changed to a scheduled interview and in effect that is what the Uscis page says when checking my case, but it does not say date. I will wait for the notification to arrive by mail.

Hello,

I have case number EU24XXX. I just sent the document package yesterday for my wife and me. I just wanted to thank you Mom for all the good work and the help you provided.

I have been reading that for an interview waiver you have to be in one of these categories (but still reviewed on case by case basis):

Unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of U.S. citizens if they filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status on their own (or filed Form I-485 together with their family's adjustment applications and every applicant in that family is eligible for an interview waiver);
Parents of U.S. citizens; and
Asylees and refugees who were previously interviewed by a USCIS officer; and
Unmarried children (under 14 years of age) of lawful permanent residents if they filed on their own (or filed Form I-485 together with their family's adjustment applications and every applicant in that family is eligible for an interview waiver).

We had a child in march this year, she is American. Is it likely that we received the waiver if our documents are complete and correct? My wife is Russian and I am Spanish.

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

Hi everyone, just letting you know my Bio interview was waived because pending asylum status (they already have our fingerprints), I have an app where I see the status of the case and the next day (today) I also received the notification that the case changed to a scheduled interview and in effect that is what the Uscis page says when checking my case, but it does not say date. I will wait for the notification to arrive by mail.
Congratulations coming this far and thanks for the update.

I deleted the screenshot of the app you included with your post as it is not an official USCIS app, allowing the screenshot to remain equates to this forum supporting and encouraging the use of an app for tracking people’s information. This app pulls the same updates from USCIS’s website which applicants can see themselves if they go to the official web source. In addition, this app in question also actually tracks users’ location by the way.