• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I appreciate your honest thoughts mom, I totally agree with you. But my lawyer aint doing anything, I was the one who pushed him to get in touch with USCIS.
Since I already contacted USCIS and my lawyer just spoke with a tier 2, is it a good idea to ask for another inquiry now? Bc I feel like all they’re gonna say is that it’s only been 2 weeks since my bio and that I should just wait.

or do u think it will be better if I wait for June and actually do it? As per congressional inquiry, I have already tried it with my DV payment problem if you remember and they couldn’t help. Do you think they will be more efficient with FO? Or should I go for Expedited request? I know there’s no clear metric but what usually works better with FO?

thank you so much for the advice
Pushing your lawyer is not the same as taking charge of your own case and doing your own follow up directly as needed with USCIS. You can either re-start the follow up effort based on the different methods I listed in my previous response or hold back and pre-think what you think their response will be. You honestly need to stop being timid with your follow up attempts (forgot about what you’ve asked your lawyer to do or what you did two weeks ago), put the energy you’ve been using in over-analyzing what happened in the past or in deciphering the meaning of a particular word into actually following up with USCIS.

Start by picking up the phone to speak with a Tier 2 agent! Then report back on the outcome to help determine what your next course of action should be.

Hello Mom,

I am a graduate research assistant with a yearly stipend of around $20,000 and single. Do I need a sponsor while doing the AOS?
I don’t know if you need a sponsor or not, that is for the IO to determine. However, having an I-134 as a back-up financial document is never a bad idea.

If you’re in the US on a student visa, then yes your primary “occupation” should be listed as student. However that does not mean you cannot or should not list employment history if you’ve previously worked, or are currently working as a RA or a TA for instance. I don’t know about being consistent with information previously provided on the DS160 for the student visa if that wasn’t quite accurate, but I do know recommend being accurate and truthful with the inform on the DS260.
Sorry, you are right, I wasn't clear about that. I am listing my PhD as my current employment which I am getting paid for it. However, I did my B.S and M.S in my home country and I was a full time student and without any payment. I did not list those in my DS-160 when I was applying for a visa to US. So since I wasn't getting any payment, should I just mention unemployed in the employment history for the times that I was attending school in my home country?

Hi. I got a speeding ticket a few years ago in the amount of $76. how shoudl I answer this question: have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official? Yes or No?

Hi all,

I am a 2020-2021 DV lottery winner who currently live in the USA and working under F1- OPT (Optional Practical Training). My husband is also working under F1-OPT.

My OPT work authorization is going to end in August 2021. I have received an offer from a CAP EXEMPT employer to file a H1-B petition to work under them. On the other hand our DV case numbers will become current in June 2021.

Does anyone know whether we can process H1-B and the Adjustment of Status at the same time?

The only reason why we decided on processing both H1-B and Adjustment of Status is, our DV case number is high.

Thank you and I appreciate your kind feedback.

Sorry, you are right, I wasn't clear about that. I am listing my PhD as my current employment which I am getting paid for it. However, I did my B.S and M.S in my home country and I was a full time student and without any payment. I did not list those in my DS-160 when I was applying for a visa to US. So since I wasn't getting any payment, should I just mention unemployed in the employment history for the times that I was attending school in my home country?
Please use your best judgment.

Hi. I got a speeding ticket a few years ago in the amount of $76. how shoudl I answer this question: have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official? Yes or No?
Being issued with a speeding ticket = being cited.

Hi all,

I am a 2020-2021 DV lottery winner who currently live in the USA and working under F1- OPT (Optional Practical Training). My husband is also working under F1-OPT.

My OPT work authorization is going to end in August 2021. I have received an offer from a CAP EXEMPT employer to file a H1-B petition to work under them. On the other hand our DV case numbers will become current in June 2021.

Does anyone know whether we can process H1-B and the Adjustment of Status at the same time?

The only reason why we decided on processing both H1-B and Adjustment of Status is, our DV case number is high.

Thank you and I appreciate your kind feedback.
Yes.

Pushing your lawyer is not the same as taking charge of your own case and doing your own follow up directly as needed with USCIS. You can either re-start the follow up effort based on the different methods I listed in my previous response or hold back and pre-think what you think their response will be. You honestly need to stop being timid with your follow up attempts (forgot about what you’ve asked your lawyer to do or what you did two weeks ago), put the energy you’ve been using in over-analyzing what happened in the past or in deciphering the meaning of a particular word into actually following up with USCIS.

Start by picking up the phone to speak with a Tier 2 agent! Then report back on the outcome to help determine what your next course of action should be.
Thank you mom, I needed to hear this

Does being a student count as employment? Even you didn’t work at the campus and don’t have SSN. If yes, should we show it in the Employment history part (I-485)?​

Hello everyone! I wish y’all doing great! I have a question. Can I put N/A for the question 24 Part 1 if I have never changed my status? Or is better to write Student/F-1?

Question says: What is your current immigration status (if it has change since your arrival)?

Hello everyone! I wish y’all doing great! I have a question. Can I put N/A for the question 24 Part 1 if I have never changed my status? Or is better to write Student/F-1?

Question says: What is your current immigration status (if it has change since your arrival)?
I put "F-1 (Unchanged)" on mine.

Hi all,

I am a 2020-2021 DV lottery winner, and the principal applicant who currently live in the USA and working under F1- OPT (Optional Practical Training). I would be grateful if you could kindly assist me to clarify the following.

1. My OPT end date is in 1st week of August 2021. Since DV lottery 2021, fiscal year end on 30th of September 2021, should I submit the form I-765?
2. My husband is also working under F1-OPT. His OPT end date is, next year, May 2022. Should he submit the form I-765?
3. Should we send our resumes with AOS packet?
4. According to the most recent VISA bulletin, our DV case number will be current in June 2021. Would you suggest us to send AOS packet after it become current in June or, can we send it now?

Thank you