• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to ask you about something regarding my case. I have been waiting for my interview for quite some time now (submitted my AOS since January and still waiting) and still haven't gotten anything. My lawyer spoke to a tier 2 agent and they told him that they sent my file from my main FO to another one nearby for faster interview appointment; they emphasized that it's their normal procedure which I don't think I ever heard of before. They also said not to call back till August to ask for updates which got me worried.

I guess my questions are; should I get worried about this? does this happen often? and wouldn't this cause extra delays for being set back in a new line at a new FO? I appreciate the insights everyone and god bless
I submitted my application in october and got my interview date in March - I also got the interview because some one cancelled theres(Field office emailed me if i want to get that slot). So i think in some cases its taking longer than usual...

Hello,

I have case number EU24XXX. I just sent the document package yesterday for my wife and me. I just wanted to thank you Mom for all the good work and the help you provided.

I have been reading that for an interview waiver you have to be in one of these categories (but still reviewed on case by case basis):

Unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of U.S. citizens if they filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status on their own (or filed Form I-485 together with their family's adjustment applications and every applicant in that family is eligible for an interview waiver);
Parents of U.S. citizens; and
Asylees and refugees who were previously interviewed by a USCIS officer; and
Unmarried children (under 14 years of age) of lawful permanent residents if they filed on their own (or filed Form I-485 together with their family's adjustment applications and every applicant in that family is eligible for an interview waiver).

We had a child in march this year, she is American. Is it likely that we received the waiver if our documents are complete and correct? My wife is Russian and I am Spanish.

Thanks in advance,

Manuel
Like you already read, “USCIS officers may determine, on a case-by case-basis, that it is unnecessary to interview certain adjustment of status applicants.” The being a USC parent listed consideration is related to family based AOS applications, and it doesn’t mean it happens in such cases quite often even when the documents are complete and correct in such cases.

You having a USC in this case doesn’t mean the potential consideration is applicable to you as a DV based AOS filer. I suggest you prepare your mind towards being invited for an interview, if you get approved without an interview (which wouldn’t be because you’re a USC parent), then it will be a pleasant surprise for you of course.

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to ask you about something regarding my case. I have been waiting for my interview for quite some time now (submitted my AOS since January and still waiting) and still haven't gotten anything. My lawyer spoke to a tier 2 agent and they told him that they sent my file from my main FO to another one nearby for faster interview appointment; they emphasized that it's their normal procedure which I don't think I ever heard of before. They also said not to call back till August to ask for updates which got me worried.

I guess my questions are; should I get worried about this? does this happen often? and wouldn't this cause extra delays for being set back in a new line at a new FO? I appreciate the insights everyone and god bless
1. It isn’t unusual for one busy FO to transfer a case file to another less busy FO to manage workload schedule.
2. Do you own case follow-up directly with USCIS, you don’t have to rely on what your lawyer says. Your lawyer telling you the Tier 2 agent informed him/her to not call again until August may simply be your lawyer’s attempt at telling you to not reach out to his/her office again until then or they otherwise contact you. Call USCIS and follow up on your case yourself, speak with a Tier 2 agent agent yourself. Initiate an online case inquiry yourself. Speak/chat with EMMA online yourself. Consider initiating a congressional inquiry yourself. You have a lot more at stake than your lawyer. Start doing all these stuff yourself in addition to reading up and following other peoples cases in this forum.

Hi Mom,

In I-485, part 13(Signature at interview) all the empty boxes are to be filled at the interview. Am I correct?

Thank you so much

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
Receiving NOA means that USCIS has officially accepted your application. This means you filed your application properly with all applicable attachments. So it’s a good news but that’s it. It has nothing to do with your case being at your FO or not. It may or may not be there yet at this point.

Receiving NOA means that USCIS has officially accepted your application. This means you filed your application properly with all applicable attachments. So it’s a good news but that’s it. It has nothing to do with your case being at your FO or not. It may or may not be there yet at this point.
I see, thank you.

Hi Mom,

Sorry to keep pestering you with my questions! I have a question regarding employment history. I've noticed that some applicants were asking about employment history and you mentioned that not every occupation counts as an employment. I was wondering if I did not put my student status as employment in DS-160 when I was applying for F-1 visa, should I remain consistent and put unemployed for those years that I was attending school? Or should I just simply put Unpaid Student due to some lawyers recommendations on internet (since on DS-260 We have to put student as an occupation now)? I know that you've mentioned this is not something that going to break the case, but I got really confused over this one and no one exactly knows what would be the best answer for this! Thank you!

Mom,

I have the I-94 as a pdf with one sided page.(I have attached a snapshot - part of my I-94 ) I don't have a I-94 card( So I don't have a back page). Is the pdf my I-94?

Thank you so much

Attachments

• Capture12.PNG
    Capture12.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 17
Mom,

I have the I-94 as a pdf with one sided page.(I have attached a snapshot - part of my I-94 ) I don't have a I-94 card( So I don't have a back page). Is the pdf my I-94?

Thank you so much
(If I may answer this, Mom) As far as I know, since 2013 the PDF that you uploaded has replaced the card. So if you don't have a card, the one page you attached is enough (of course the full page, not the cropped version you posted :) ).

Hello Mom,

In form I-485, I need to provide my A- number. However, I am not able to find this number anywhere, not even in my passport's VISA page. I am under a L1B visa and I do not have a EAD card where I can find such a number. Is it possible that I have no A-number assigned to me? Would it be a problem if I leave the related section blank?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(If I may answer this, Mom) As far as I know, since 2013 the PDF that you uploaded has replaced the card. So if you don't have a card, the one page you attached is enough (of course the full page, not the cropped version you posted :) ).
Thank you so much :)

Hello Mom,

I am a graduate research assistant with a yearly stipend of around $20,000 and single. Do I need a sponsor while doing the AOS?

1. It isn’t unusual for one busy FO to transfer a case file to another less busy FO to manage workload schedule.
2. Do you own case follow-up directly with USCIS, you don’t have to rely on what your lawyer says. Your lawyer telling you the Tier 2 agent informed him/her to not call again until August may simply be your lawyer’s attempt at telling you to not reach out to his/her office again until then or they otherwise contact you. Call USCIS and follow up on your case yourself, speak with a Tier 2 agent agent yourself. Initiate an online case inquiry yourself. Speak/chat with EMMA online yourself. Consider initiating a congressional inquiry yourself. You have a lot more at stake than your lawyer. Start doing all these stuff yourself in addition to reading up and following other peoples cases in this forum.
I appreciate your honest thoughts mom, I totally agree with you. But my lawyer aint doing anything, I was the one who pushed him to get in touch with USCIS.
Since I already contacted USCIS and my lawyer just spoke with a tier 2, is it a good idea to ask for another inquiry now? Bc I feel like all they’re gonna say is that it’s only been 2 weeks since my bio and that I should just wait.

or do u think it will be better if I wait for June and actually do it? As per congressional inquiry, I have already tried it with my DV payment problem if you remember and they couldn’t help. Do you think they will be more efficient with FO? Or should I go for Expedited request? I know there’s no clear metric but what usually works better with FO?

thank you so much for the advice

Last edited:
Hi Mom,

Sorry to keep pestering you with my questions! I have a question regarding employment history. I've noticed that some applicants were asking about employment history and you mentioned that not every occupation counts as an employment. I was wondering if I did not put my student status as employment in DS-160 when I was applying for F-1 visa, should I remain consistent and put unemployed for those years that I was attending school? Or should I just simply put Unpaid Student due to some lawyers recommendations on internet (since on DS-260 We have to put student as an occupation now)? I know that you've mentioned this is not something that going to break the case, but I got really confused over this one and no one exactly knows what would be the best answer for this! Thank you!
If you’re in the US on a student visa, then yes your primary “occupation” should be listed as student. However that does not mean you cannot or should not list employment history if you’ve previously worked, or are currently working as a RA or a TA for instance. I don’t know about being consistent with information previously provided on the DS160 for the student visa if that wasn’t quite accurate, but I do know recommend being accurate and truthful with the inform on the DS260.

Hello Mom,

In form I-485, I need to provide my A- number. However, I am not able to find this number anywhere, not even in my passport's VISA page. I am under a L1B visa and I do not have a EAD card where I can find such a number. Is it possible that I have no A-number assigned to me? Would it be a problem if I leave the related section blank?

Thanks in advance for your help.
You “need to” only if you have been previously issued with an A# in the past. If you don’t have or have never been issued with one, then there’s no such thing as “need to”

I appreciate your honest thoughts mom, I totally agree with you. But my lawyer aint doing anything, I was the one who pushed him to get in touch with USCIS.
Since I already contacted USCIS and my lawyer just spoke with a tier 2, is it a good idea to ask for another inquiry now? Bc I feel like all they’re gonna say is that it’s only been 2 weeks since my bio and that I should just wait.

or do u think it will be better if I wait for June and actually do it? As per congressional inquiry, I have already tried it with my DV payment problem if you remember and they couldn’t help. Do you think they will be more efficient with FO? Or should I go for Expedited request? I know there’s no clear metric but what usually works better with FO?

thank you so much for the advice
I totally agree with Mom. That at this moment it is better to push the process. I am sure, that if I hadn't tried 3 times to open an expedited request, my case would still be in review. In fact, my case was never expedited, but each time, the officer would actually have to take a look at it and last time he just approved it instead of expediting it.

In my case, Congressional Inquiry didn't help at all. House Rep has sent an email to the USCIS, but he never sent me any response, and the last time I wrote him, he didn't respond at all.

So I would say the same as Mom:
1. Call USCIS yourself and explain the urgency, that your case is time-sensitive and if you will get a review or RFE, you will lose a green card.
2. Try to Expedite it.
3. Get in touch with Senator, as I remember he already helped you before.