DV 2021 AOS Only

cameraboy

I have a question about the Spreadsheet.
What does "SASE" in the Notes column of Step 5 of AOS Process mean? There is a following sentence in the sheet:.

** Remember to include a SASE with the form and your payment fee

aledarba

Hi thank you for all your help!
I had an F1 VISA back in 2012 and worked with the OPT program in 2013.
Then I moved to my home country and I came back to the US in 2018 with an L1 VISA.

I am not 100% sure if I should send all the documents related to my old F1 VISA (including the expired I-20 and EAD) so I can demonstrate I was not out of status or just all the information related to the L1 VISA. (Including all the CBP stamps).

Thanks!

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi thank you for all your help!
I had an F1 VISA back in 2012 and worked with the OPT program in 2013.
Then I moved to my home country and I came back to the US in 2018 with an L1 VISA.

I am not 100% sure if I should send all the documents related to my old F1 VISA (including the expired I-20 and EAD) so I can demonstrate I was not out of status or just all the information related to the L1 VISA. (Including all the CBP stamps).

Thanks!
Including the F1 visa documents is recommended - it shows you never violated your status in the past.

Momo Dumpty

Hello Mom, I appreciate your dedication for us.

I have a question about changing consular process to AOS. How long will it take completing AOS process this year, and is there possibility to finish the process if I change from consular process to AOS now?
My case is AS28XXX and submitted DS260 last year, but still don't hear anything back from KCC. I wonder AOS might be faster this year specific...

SusieQQQ

I have a question about changing consular process to AOS. How long will it take completing AOS process this year, and is there possibility to finish the process if I change from consular process to AOS now?
My case is AS28XXX and submitted DS260 last year, but still don't hear anything back from KCC. I wonder AOS might be faster this year specific...
What is your current status in the US?

Sm1smom

Super Moderator

I'm a F1 student
Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of the average processing time.

sultiik

Quick question, we are about to send the package. Should we put admin fee receipt and marriage certificate to main applicants and derivative’s file? Or only one copies for main applicant is enough?

bbs01

Quick question, we are about to send the package. Should we put admin fee receipt and marriage certificate to main applicants and derivative’s file? Or only one copies for main applicant is enough?
It makes sense (and seemingly has no harm) to consider the forms for the main applicant and the derivative as two independent applications and provide a set of document copies you mentioned for each application.

sultiik

I have to pay I-485 for two person. Total will be $2450. I’m worrying that G-1450 can be denied, you never know. Is that fine if I’ll send 4 money orders? As the limit is $1000. Two for my wife, two for me.

Blade_

My passport has just entered the last 6 month of its validity. Our embassy takes about 3 months to renew a passport. I wanted to get it renewed but it won't be ready before a potential interview/bio appointment.

Q: Is it ok to attend the interview/bio appointment with a passport with less than 6 month to its expiration date?

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
I have to pay I-485 for two person. Total will be $2450. I’m worrying that G-1450 can be denied, you never know. Is that fine if I’ll send 4 money orders? As the limit is $1000. Two for my wife, two for me.
4 money orders (2 per person/AOS package) is allowed.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
My passport has just entered the last 6 month of its validity. Our embassy takes about 3 months to renew a passport. I wanted to get it renewed but it won't be ready before a potential interview/bio appointment.

Q: Is it ok to attend the interview/bio appointment with a passport with less than 6 month to its expiration date?
Yes it is.

roxife

My CN is AS8*** from Nepal and my CN will be current in July. So my question is, can I send my package on July instead of june?