• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Yes it is subjected to a 2 year HRR. What does it mean to 'activate a visa status', it is 'getting the visa' or 'entering the US on that visa'?
I can wait for the CP without entering the US, but my husbands has to be there by July, as it will disturb the smooth functioning of hospital due to shortage of staff.
It is entering the US on that visa (becoming a lpr). Please be sure you understand the full implications of the HRR. Without a waiver he cannot get a green card without first spending two years at home after the J1 is complete.

Yes it is subjected to a 2 year HRR. What does it mean to 'activate a visa status', it is 'getting the visa' or 'entering the US on that visa'?
I can wait for the CP without entering the US, but my husbands has to be there by July, as it will disturb the smooth functioning of hospital due to shortage of staff.
Activate visa status = equals being admitted into the US (entering the US on that visa).

Since that visa is subject to a 2-year HRR, then you are better off staying back since you’re the DV selectee. If you get scheduled for an interview, you attend that interview with your 2 kids without your husband, since he would have already entered the US with his J1. Once you settle down in the US, you look into sponsoring him for his own GC. He will need to obtain a waiver for the 2-year HRR of course, but I think you guys will have enough time to take care of that.

I lived in the US from 2014 August and in four places including the present one. When I read the forum; to prove the presence include the lease agreement where I lived. I cannot obtain the lease for the place where I stayed for 2 years, I was in the lease but I never saved a copy of it and it is almost impossible to reach that homeowner now. How important to have a lease on your AOS package? I have all I20, I94, and academic records. Please advise me.

In addition, if I have my paystub more than enough to cover my family and way above the poverty line, but no savings at all:):):D. Shall I include my bank statements? Or Can I include my stock portfolio? Just curious. I have a letter from my employee stating my employment and my annual income as well.

I lived in the US from 2014 August and in four places including the present one. When I read the forum; to prove the presence include the lease agreement where I lived. I cannot obtain the lease for the place where I stayed for 2 years, I was in the lease but I never saved a copy of it and it is almost impossible to reach that homeowner now. How important to have a lease on your AOS package? I have all I20, I94, and academic records. Please advise me.

In addition, if I have my paystub more than enough to cover my family and way above the poverty line, but no savings at all:):):D. Shall I include my bank statements? Or Can I include my stock portfolio? Just curious. I have a letter from my employee stating my employment and my annual income as well.
Regarding the leases - i could not either so i did not include them in my AOS package. Had no issues related to it.

Anyone with New Orleans as a field office? So far I have not seen anyone else in the spreadsheet so I figured I might ask around.
Hi, I am from New Orleans. But I didn't start the AOS, I am still waiting for the next 2NL to make a choice. If I have not a response for interview before the end of may in my country (France), I will switch to the AOS.
Are you from Nola too ?

Regarding the leases - i could not either so i did not include them in my AOS package. Had no issues related to it.

Where did you hear about this lease thing? I never heard of this and didn't send any leases with my AoS package.

Anyone/Mom/Sussie

Just thought ill ask this out of curiosity - i filed for EAD +travel document. It still says case recieved , but i already got the GC. What happens to those at this point?...

I forgot to thank you before I started, Sm1soms, Susie and Brit for all the patience, hard work and help you have given us all so far. I've been reading you for a long time and I finally just signed up to participate in this forum.

Anyone/Mom/Sussie

Just thought ill ask this out of curiosity - i filed for EAD +travel document. It still says case recieved , but i already got the GC. What happens to those at this point?...
Nothing, the application falls away (or will once they have reconciled your different applications in the system). If for any reason you get them issued now they are useless anyway.

Anyone/Mom/Sussie

I think as the EAD and AP are issued based on your AOS-pending status, they are no longer valid as your status is changed to AOS-approved.

I have a question regarding the I-485:

When we fill out the I-485 for our children (under 9), "for part 10", do we choose 1A and 6A as the applicant for them or do we fill it out as the preparer (choose #2).

Thanks.

Attachments

• Part 10.jpg
    Part 10.jpg
    670.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi, I am from New Orleans. But I didn't start the AOS, I am still waiting for the next 2NL to make a choice. If I have not a response for interview before the end of may in my country (France), I will switch to the AOS.
Are you from Nola too ?
It is the office I will get assigned because it’s the one that takes the cases around me, yes.
How are you doing in terms of timing for AOS?

@Sm1smom / @SusieQQQ

I aplogize if this is not the right thread to post this ..but i could not find a FTJ thread so thought id put it here

question : Since DV needs to complete before sept 30 and if my wifes doing FTJ ; does she need to enter USA before sept 30 or does she need to complete just the visa interview before sept 30?