I sent mine mid July (17th I think), and I only have the Online registration (USASI) number. To check online you need the ack (USAS0) number - I haven't received that yet; and you need that info to check online.
Anyone else applied around mid-July?
Anyone know the latest on the status of the bill that limits the number of visas for parents to 40k (as opposed to unlimited right now)?
Also, how much will the fee increase for I130 + CP be post 7/30 (fee hike)?
Thats completely absurd. So by applying for an immigration visa (GC), you are commiting to staying in the US and they would cancel your GC if you don't stay here. What if parents don't want to settle in the US, but just want to visit their children who are US citizens.
sounds like the I 130 should not be filed until the parents are ready to move... or is there some step in which if we do not take any action on our part the application goes into a stagnant/dormant state.
How long can one wait after the I-130 gets approved to file for consular processing? How long can one wait before the application (I-130) is considered abandoned. I want to get the formalities completed (before the fee increase); but my parents are not ready to move to the US just yet.
meaning? after getting OCI - mail them your US passport and Indian passport. They stamp 'cancelled' on your Indian passport and send both the PP's back? I don't think I would want to send them my US PP.
I had my oath today - nicely done, did make people there a little emotional... applied for Passport (expedited) on the way back at the local post office, turned in the voter registration card at the 'Democrat' booth outside the oath venue...
Now time to wait for PP, apply for OCI and also...