Application Status
Registration Status
UnderProcess

Documents Printing Status
NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO

NOT YET

Cool, now you have some visibility to your app. status.

just checked:

Date Of Acknowledgment
26-MAY-2007
Application Status
Registration Status
UnderProcess

Documents Printing Status
NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO

NOT YET

granted

Date Of Acknowledgment
26-MAY-2007
Application Status
Registration Status
granted mailed from delhi on 06/02/07

Do we wait for US PP to arrive before sending OCI?

I believe the US passport is taking 2 months to process. My question is - once I get the Naturalization certi; can I apply for OCI at that point rather than applying for US PP, waiting for it to come and then applying for OCI.

Thanks!

Acknowledgements

Any update on SF applications, my app. has not yet been acknowledged, it's been almost 3 weeks since it reached the consulate.

App Acknowledged

My OCI app. was acknowledged today-06/18/07, it took exactly 4 weeks since my application was received by the SF embassy.

OCI timeline

Date Of Acknowledgment
26-MAY-2007
Application Status
Registration Status
granted mailed from delhi on 06/02/07
passports sent 06/15/07
passports + oci recvd 6/20/07

OCI granted - timeline 1 month

Thanks to the tracking here, I applied for OCI instead of the supposedlly faster PIO/Visa though I was planning to travel in 3 months.

N-400 Timeline
--------------------
05/08/07: Oath Administered (@1:00 pm)
05/08/07: Passport Applied (Expedited)
05/26/07: Received Passport
05/28/07: OCI App. Rcvd @ embassy
06/29/07: OCI App. Ack, scanned, granted.

Waiting to receive it at the SFO.

Hi Velinad,
Congrats. I sent my application on Jun 2, 2007 and it was received at SF CGI on June 4, 2007. My Online Registration id is USASI297XXXX. My application is still not acknowledged. Looking at your details it seems like it is taking almost a month before application is acknowledged. Would you mind sharing your online registration id (just first eight characters are enough--you can block last four numbers.). I just wanted get an idea how many application came across between 05/28/07 and 06/04/07 (that will give some idea how much more time I have to wait).

Thanks in advance.

How far along?

I had sent OCI app to SF office on Jun 1 (date of recpt).

They contacted me last week about one additional document that I faxed on Monday June 25th.

I am curious if the fact that they validated completeness of my package last week indicates what stage my app may be in the processing cycle?

Does it mean that they mailed it to India last week and I should hope to see "acknowledged"/"under process" soon?

Cheers,
Manish

An update on this, my app status shows Granted, Scanned, Printed on July 3rd... not yet received back in San Francisco. But great news, regardless! :)

To summarize key things (that seem to have worked at SF-CGI):

NOTE: For whatever reason, each consulate seems to impose their own stipulations on what they will accept. So if you are *not* applying to SF one, read the instructions for the consulate of your jurisdiction carefully!

a) Standard Costco 2"x2" passport pictures with their default light background. (No fancy blue backdrops or 35mm reduction of pictures.)
b) Self-attested all photo-copies (Wrote "TRUE COPY of ORIGINAL" and signed next to it.) Did not have to notarize anything.
c) Used same information on the form for family members in India for both myself and my wife. Just put in name and address for my father and my brother.
d) Sent 3 pictures ... 2 were glued to the 2 copies of the form and 1 was paper-clipped to the package.
e) Sent a combined Cashiers Check for the whole package 275*2 and a 16.50 return envelope.

The only thing I forgot -- which I had to fax later -- was a copy of "Name Change Court Order" for my wife.

Cheers,
Manish

Timeline

Mailed Part-B – May 16-2007
Document received at SFO consulate - 17-May-2007
Date Of Acknowledgment 15-JUNE-2007
Registration Status Granted On 15-JUNE-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 15-JUNE-2007
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 15-JUNE-2007
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 19-JUNE-2007
Documents Received at SFO CGI 27-JUNE-2007
I mailed passport TO SFO ON - 28-JUNE-2007
Stamped passports and OCI booklet received on – July 5th 2007

Overall it took about 50 days to receive the OCI booklet and passport stamped from the application mail date.

HAPPY to be OCI card holder

After 2 months of processing, the WHOLE family (me, my wife, son and daughter) have the OCI cards now! :D :cool:

The following is the Total steps in processing, for your reference.
When I enquired my friend who got her OCI card an year back...it seems like the processing has speedened up. It took her close to 4 months, and now it is being done in 2 months.

Mailed Part-B – 10-May-2007
Document received at SFO consulate - 11-May-2007
Date Of Acknowledgment 06-JUN-2007
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 09-JUN-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-JUN-2007
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 09-JUN-2007
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 11-JUN-2007
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO On 25-JUN-2007
Mailed familys' passports TO SFO ON - 2-JULY-2007
Stamped passports and OCI booklet received on – 6-July-2007

NOTE: I also sent my Indian passports, and they cancelled them and sent it back. (this I did after clarifiying with them).

So, totally it took me: 57 days for the processing !

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Prasad

OCI Card/Passport Stamping

I received my passport with OCI stamp and the OCI booklet today, I sent in the passport on 07/03/07 and received the stamped passport back today (07/07/07).

I also sent in my Indian Passport for cancellation when I sent in my passport for OCI stamping.

OCI status

Dear Folks

I had applied for OCI for myself, my wife and my two kids (PIO card holders).

Status is as follows

Posted OCI to SF-CGI - June 8th - 2007
Received Application at SF-CGI - June 11 - 2007
Date of Acknowledgement - July 12 -2007
Registration Status Granted - July 13 - 2007
Documents Printed - July 13 2007
Documents Despacted from Delhi - July 13 -2007
Documents Received at SF-CGI -????

Will update once I documents are received at SG-CGI and I need to send in my passports

thanks

sunkad

Thanks to the tracking here, I applied for OCI instead of the supposedlly faster PIO/Visa though I was planning to travel in 3 months.

N-400 Timeline
--------------------
05/08/07: Oath Administered (@1:00 pm)
05/08/07: Passport Applied (Expedited)
05/26/07: Received Passport
05/28/07: OCI App. Rcvd @ embassy
06/29/07: OCI App. Ack, scanned, granted.
07/09/07: Document received at SFO ( was informed by email)
07/10/07: passport received at SFO
07/13/07: Received passport back with OCI.

Timeline exactly as predicted in this tracking here - A month for ack, 10 days for receiving at SFO, less than a week for receiving the passport back.

An update on this, my app status shows Granted, Scanned, Printed on July 3rd... not yet received back in San Francisco. But great news, regardless! :)

To summarize key things (that seem to have worked at SF-CGI):

NOTE: For whatever reason, each consulate seems to impose their own stipulations on what they will accept. So if you are *not* applying to SF one, read the instructions for the consulate of your jurisdiction carefully!

a) Standard Costco 2"x2" passport pictures with their default light background. (No fancy blue backdrops or 35mm reduction of pictures.)
b) Self-attested all photo-copies (Wrote "TRUE COPY of ORIGINAL" and signed next to it.) Did not have to notarize anything.
c) Used same information on the form for family members in India for both myself and my wife. Just put in name and address for my father and my brother.
d) Sent 3 pictures ... 2 were glued to the 2 copies of the form and 1 was paper-clipped to the package.
e) Sent a combined Cashiers Check for the whole package 275*2 and a 16.50 return envelope.

The only thing I forgot -- which I had to fax later -- was a copy of "Name Change Court Order" for my wife.

Cheers,
Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for this info, its really useful for people like me who are ready to apply for OCI.

Thanks
New_guy

Applied in early July?

Anyone out there who applied in early July to CGISF and got their application acknowledged.

I posted my application on July 7 (received by CGUSF on July 12). CGISF cashed the check, but the application is not acknowledged.

Anyone in the same situation?
J:(