OCI - San Francisco Tracker

CGISF is acknowledging the application exactly after one month from received date. I sent on June 26th and got acknowledged on Aug 2nd.

OCI completed, finally!! Thanks OCI TEAM San Francisco!

Mailed application to SF on June 26 2007

Received a phone call on July 26 2007 from OCI Team-- They wanted us to fax a signed statement. Faxed same day.

Date Of Acknowledgment 07-AUG-2007
Registration Status Granted On 07-AUG-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On 07-AUG-2007
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 08-AUG-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 09-AUG-2007
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO On 23-AUG-2007

Aug 23 2007 Received email from OCI Team requesting US passports for U-sticker.
Aug 27 2007 Express mailed US Passports (and prepaid express mail envelope) to SAN FRANCISCO
Aug 28 2007 Delivered to SAN FRANCISCO at 9:37 AM
Aug 31 2007 Received OCI booklets & US Passports with U visa sticker at 10:50 AM

"Certificate of Registration - Overseas Citizen of India" booklet looks similar to Passports. It has 2 pages inside.
A "U" visa sticker is pasted on last 'visa stamp' page of US Passport. It looks similar to 10-year visa except it has your picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Acknowledgment

From the posts here, it looks like it typically takes 1 month for an acknowledgment (i.e. for your case to show up on the online status).

Do you also receive an email acknowledgment when the status starts showing up online, or do you just need to keep checking the online status regularly?

Thanks.

From the posts here, it looks like it typically takes 1 month for an acknowledgment (i.e. for your case to show up on the online status).

Do you also receive an email acknowledgment when the status starts showing up online, or do you just need to keep checking the online status regularly?

Thanks.

They don't send any email for acknowledgement. Just keep checking online.

They don't send any email for acknowledgement. Just keep checking online.

I sent mine mid July (17th I think), and I only have the Online registration (USASI) number. To check online you need the ack (USAS0) number - I haven't received that yet; and you need that info to check online.

Anyone else applied around mid-July?

Posting my timeline for OCI at SF:

mailed to SF : Jun 23 07
Ack July 26
Granted/scanned/printed Jul 27
Dispatched from Del Jul 28
Documents Received 11-AUG-2007
Mailed pport : 11 Aug
Recvd pport with OCI visa and booklet: 20th Aug 07

Am-ver,
you can use the # you have and enter it in the status website in the Online Reg section. When the appl is Ack by them you will see the File /Ack #. It usu takes a month for them to Ack .

I sent mine mid July (17th I think), and I only have the Online registration (USASI) number. To check online you need the ack (USAS0) number - I haven't received that yet; and you need that info to check online.

Anyone else applied around mid-July?

Use the registration number you have on the application to check status. If you don't see anything, means they haven't acknowledged. So keep checking daily using the number you have on the application.

Use the registration number you have on the application to check status. If you don't see anything, means they haven't acknowledged. So keep checking daily using the number you have on the application.

what is the website to check the statusI assume using the # starting with USA....)? I sent mine to the SF office on Aug 21st. I guess it takes about a month for them to ack.

thank you

status says
Granted Aug 25th
Dispatched from Del Aug 27th

Do we really need to get our Indian PP cancelled? I know that its they are not valid anymore - but it is really necessary for the Indian authorities to spell 'Cancelled' or similar on them?

Can some double check my pkg to CGI-SF

This is what I'm sending in my OCI application for myself and my baby. Can someone let me know if it is in order or if this is what CGI-SF is expecting.

I. Self (USC)
------------
Two Forms PartA&B (with photos affixed in each form) + 2 Photo clipped
Self attested copy of Indian PP
Self attested copy of US PP

II. Baby (USC)
-----------
Two Forms PartA&B (with photos affixed in each form) + 2 Photo clipped
Self attested copy of Parent's Indian PP
Self attested copy of US PP
Self attested copy of Birth Certificate

III. Cashier's Check for $550
IV. Self addressed USPS express Mail Envelop with prepaid postage

thnx

Do we really need to get our Indian PP cancelled? I know that its they are not valid anymore - but it is really necessary for the Indian authorities to spell 'Cancelled' or similar on them?

Yes, you are required to surrender your Indian passport, when you revoke Indian citizenship. It will be CANCELLED with a notation "acquired xxx citizenship" and returned to you.

OCI at CGISF

Sent application on 8/17/07.
Return receipt states the CGI recd on 8/20/07.
On-line status still doesn't recognize the Registration No. (USASIxxxxxxx)

Shri Ganesh,
My OCI application was also received by SF on 8/20, and no status on my USASI# yet.

It ususally takes about 30-35 days in SFO for your application to appear online. If everything is OK the processing (scanning and granting) takes an additional 2 days. Within a week after that it is sent to San Francisco and the following Friday the CGISF updates their website with the list of cards received.

Hope it helps...

Here are my details:

N400 Mailed: 12/10/2006
Oath Completed: 06/19/2007
Passport Appl: End of July
Passport Recd: 8/15/2007
OCI Applied 08/20/2007
OCI Acknowledged --
OCI Granted --
OCI Sent to SFO --
OCI Stamped & Received --
Travelling to India on: 11/03/2007

I have no idea if I will get it before 11/3. Hoping for the best!

Here are my details:

OCI Applied 08/20/2007
OCI Acknowledged --
OCI Granted --
OCI Sent to SFO --

What is your back up plan, if you don't get it in time? I have similar situation for my parents.

Here are my details:

OCI Applied 08/20/2007
OCI Acknowledged --
OCI Granted --
OCI Sent to SFO --

You should be able to get it by 10/20 or so, as long as there is nothing pending from your side on the application etc. I believe it is taking almost 8 weeks in total to get your OCI. It took exactly two months to the date for us to get our OCI.
Since you sent it on 08/20 I am guessing you should have it by 10/20 +/- a couple days. BTW, is it still not showing your application Acknowledged?

Good Luck...