OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Still no Acknowledgement.
Applied for Self, Spouse and 2 kids.

OCI applied online : 9/21
OCI mailed : 9/24
Received (according to the usps) :9/26

You should call CGISF and inquire. Its been more than 6 weeks window and nothing shows up on website. Better email in parallel too. Hope that helps.

Good luck ...

I tried calling them, but nobody ever picks up the phone. Emailed about the status and got a standard message which says it could take upto 12 weeks. Below is the reply that I got for my email.

Does it take longer if we apply as a family instead of individual application?

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in OCI scheme.

Please visit our website at www.cgisf.org/oc/oci_instructions.html for detailed information on the scheme.

FOLLOWING IS THE PROCESS CONCERNING YOUR OCI APPLICATION SUBMITTED AT THE CONSULATE :

1. PROCESSING TIME:

OCI APPLICATION PROCESS TAKES 12 WEEKS FROM THE TIME THE APPLICATION IS RECEIVED AT THE CONSULATE.

2. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS:

IF ANY INFORMATION IS INCOMPLETE, WE WILL CALL YOU /EMAIL YOU/SEND BACK YOUR APPLICATION OTHERWISE APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED.

3. OCI CARDS:

WHEN THE OCI CARDS ARE APPROVED AND PRINTED IN DELHI THEY WILL BE SENT TO US IN BATCHES. WE WILL PUBLISH THE FILE NUMBERS OF THE PERSONS WHOSE CARDS ARE READY ON OUR WEBSITE

www.cgisf.org/oc/Status_List.html

4. STATUS OF OCI APPLICATIONS AND OCI CARD:

WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE INTERIM STATUS/ ACKNOWLEDGEMENT/FILE NUMBER TO APPLICANTS AS WE ARE HANDLING A VERY LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICANTS. ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO COOPERATE AND REFRAIN FROM INTERIM STATUS ENQUIRIES AND CALLS.

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION- www.cgisf.org/oc/Status_List.html

5.ELIGIBILITY FOR FOREIGN BORN MINOR CHILDREN:

FOREIGN BORN MINOR CHILDREN ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR OCI IF BOTH THE PARENTS ARE STILL INDIAN CITIZENS.

Sincerely,

OCI Team
Consulate General of India
San Francisco

However the website says it takes 60 days to acknowledge in worst case:

http://www.cgisf.org/oc/onlinestatus.html

4. STATUS OF OCI APPLICATIONS AND OCI CARD:

We are unable to provide interim Status/Acknowledement/File number to applicants as we are handling a very large number of applications. All applicant are requested to cooperate and refrain from interim status enquiris and calls. Any status enquiry will be accepted only after 6 weeks of submission of COMPLETE Application

Keep calling them, maybe one day you are lucky. Don't call on Mondays and Fridays or day just after holiday as they are busy.

Finally our applications got Acknowledged.

Acknowledged on 9/20 but the Date Of Acknowledgment shows as 21-NOV-2007

Regards..

Finally our applications got Acknowledged.

Acknowledged on 9/20 but the Date Of Acknowledgment shows as 21-NOV-2007

Regards..

Congrats man ... finally you see light at the end of tunnel. Did you get through in calling CGISF?

My OCI timeline(Self, wife and 2 kids(one kid had PIO card, other three were former Indian citizens)):

OCI application mailed to San Francisco consulate : 25-SEP-2007
Delivery Confirmation from priority mail : 26-SEP-2007
Granted On : 21-NOV-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned On : 21-NOV-2007
Documents Printed On : 21-NOV-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi On : 23-NOV-2007
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO : 29-NOV-2007
Email from Consulate to me : 29-Nov-2007
Sent by Post from Belmont : 30-Nov-2007 (01 Dec being a Saturday, USPS attempted to deliver to consulate ...
Mail Received in SF consulate : 03-Dec-2007 ...without success)
Oci packet sent from consulate to me : 03/04-Dec-2007
Mail arrived at Oakland : 04-Dec-2007
Got the US passort/OCI/cancelled Indian :
passports from USPS today : 05-Dec-2007

Total time : 72 days
Thanks OCI team in San francisco consulate for a smooth handling, and good instructions on the website

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Timeline

Date Of Acknowledgment : 21-NOV-2007
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO : 29-Nov-2007
Got an email from CGISF on : 29-Nov-2007
mailed our passports on : 29-Nov-2007

Regards..

Regards..

Congrats Saivel. So, finally it will be all over in a week or so.

Anyone who mailed their application in Oct? Looks like its taking them more than 6 weeks now to just acknowledge and there is no way of tracking anything before that :(

OCT OCT Acknowledged

OCI applied online : 10/7
OCI mailed : 10/08
Received (according to the usps) :10/11
Date Of Acknowledgment : 30-NOV-2007

bez2001

if ocg returns the application after resubmiting do they consider the original appliction date or i have to start all over any body with similar experiance help me

if ocg returns the application after resubmiting do they consider the original appliction date or i have to start all over any body with similar experiance help me

For what reason is OCG returning the application and when did you file? I think when you filed online does not matter -- the only thing that matters is when they received the application in consulate. If your application requires additional documentation, then hopefully original date will stay.

I don't know about the process and its just my guess based on old posts in this thread....

Guys!
I am just preparing to join the bandwagon for OCI. I was confused with regard to applying for minor children after browsing the HRD websites, CGISF websites and this forum. Can a minor born in USA, having PIO card apply for OCI card. If so, does the child apply in family category along with parents or separately. Can all family members apply separately including child or should all applications be done in one shot. After reading the posts, I am also leaning towards applying OCI rather than PIO card.

Thanks!

Guys!
I am just preparing to join the bandwagon for OCI. I was confused with regard to applying for minor children after browsing the HRD websites, CGISF websites and this forum. Can a minor born in USA, having PIO card apply for OCI card.

Yes, they can apply for OCI as long as one of the parent is non-Indian citizen -- fee is $25.

If so, does the child apply in family category along with parents or separately. Can all family members apply separately including child or should all applications be done in one shot. After reading the posts, I am also leaning towards applying OCI rather than PIO card.
Thanks!

An individual along with spouse and their 2 minor children can apply in one application. Beyond that you need multiple applications.

Applying PIO and OCI is your personal preference. PIO comes within 30 days while for OCI it can take upto 90 days. Rest read the FAQ on CGISF website.

OCI received

Received passports and the OCI booklet - 06-Dec-2007

Regards..

Received passports and the OCI booklet - 06-Dec-2007

Regards..

Congrats saivel. Glad to know that your journey with all immigration is over :)

I am still waiting for acknowledgment for my application received at CGISF in Nov 1st week.