OCI questions for San Francisco consulate

venkatesh Sunkad

Registered Users (C)
Dear Folks

We are ready to apply for OCI for my wife, two minor kids (who have PIO) and myself. Our consulate is San Francisco. I have a couple of questions

1) Mailing charges - Should I actually enclose a prepaid envelope with a stamp of $16.25 or just include $16.25 with my OCI fees? If I have to enclose a prepaid envelope do i just go to the post office and ask them for one?

2) Regarding cancelling our indian passports what address should I send it to for San Francisco. I am assuming this is a different address from the address where we send our OCI forms? Additonally the same question of prepaid envelope as above?

thanks

sunkad

1) Mailing charges - Should I actually enclose a prepaid envelope with a stamp of $16.25 or just include $16.25 with my OCI fees? If I have to enclose a prepaid envelope do i just go to the post office and ask them for one?

I would suggest to enclose a expressmail prepaid envelope, If you go to the post office, they would do it for you. You just need to fill in the address. That is what I did.

Reg your 2nd qn, you can send the Ind passports later on along with the US passports when the OCI is approved. Send all the passports together at that point.

Reg your 2nd qn, you can send the Ind passports later on along with the US passports when the OCI is approved. Send all the passports together at that point.

meaning? after getting OCI - mail them your US passport and Indian passport. They stamp 'cancelled' on your Indian passport and send both the PP's back? I don't think I would want to send them my US PP.

meaning? after getting OCI - mail them your US passport and Indian passport. They stamp 'cancelled' on your Indian passport and send both the PP's back? I don't think I would want to send them my US PP.

Well you have to mail them your US passport because they have to attach a visa to it.

If you want to take it in yourself, you can certainly do that and also take in your old Indian passport and your US passport to the consulate after your OCI's approved.

wtf?

enjoy ur OCI then..bud. wtf do u mean " i ain't gonna mail 'em maa pazzports" ??????????

SF does not allow any1 inside the building for oci crap..ur best bets are to mail the chit the way they ask.