After I-130; how long can one wait before CP?

am_ver

Registered Users (C)
How long can one wait after the I-130 gets approved to file for consular processing? How long can one wait before the application (I-130) is considered abandoned. I want to get the formalities completed (before the fee increase); but my parents are not ready to move to the US just yet.

How long can one wait after the I-130 gets approved to file for consular processing? How long can one wait before the application (I-130) is considered abandoned. I want to get the formalities completed (before the fee increase); but my parents are not ready to move to the US just yet.

As far as I know, you don't apply for CP, its just happens automatically after your I-130 has been approved (unless you selected AOS in your original I-130 form). With I-130 approval times ranging from just 3 weeks (one of my parents!) to a year or more, it could be a bit of a lottery if you apply too soon.

sounds like the I 130 should not be filed until the parents are ready to move... or is there some step in which if we do not take any action on our part the application goes into a stagnant/dormant state.