• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin: September 2013 (Coming Soon)

Ravesky , Do you have any idea about the disqualifying factor in KCC?

The main ones are
1) not meeting the work/educational qualifications for DV
2) material false fact on the forms - country of chargeability, omission of spouse or children, hiding a criminal record etc.

Did they post it already AFTER September Visa Bulletin was released on August 12?

Good point, no. It was posted in July sometime!
Hmmm :( Now I am worried. In all of my lurking/browsing there have been numerous people over the years assuring other members that everyone who sends their forms in will get an interview... is this not the case anymore? I'm assuming you think the members who have case numbers 28XX and 3XXX (in the Aussie forum) have no chance whatsoever? So why are they even going through the process then? (by this I mean, you seem to be the only one who thinks 22XX - 23XX would be borderline....so I don't know what to think!)

Surely there wouldn't be that large an amount of people that would miss out?

They will do the drawing and they include ALL winners from those countries. Later they decide what is the limit they want to cut it to, and they do not how numbers above that limit as winning numbers. They just some kind of disqualify them (because of high number), and in CEAC data you will see holes there.
Right, there will be a lot of iranian holes starting about number 11000 and in addition to that a lot of nepalese holes starting about 14000-15000. All numbers formerly won as nepalese and iranian numbers above the limit will be seen as holes.
12K selectees with family members could easily fit into numbers under 14K. Because numbers number entries, they do not include family members.

If there is cut off for Nepal and Iran, the progress of Nepal and Iran will be slower than rest of Asia, just like Uzbekistan. As I understand that every month it cannot have more than 10% yearly visa allocated. So, Nepal or Iran at the range of 5k will be in the same month as rest of Asia in a range of 8k-10k. Based on previous bulletin when the cut off occurs, the non cut off countries progress at least 50% to 100% faster than the cut off countries. So, we could see something like Asia 18k except Iran & Nepal 9k in mid of 2014.

if there is cut off for nepal and iran, the progress of nepal and iran will be slower than rest of asia, just like uzbekistan. As i understand that every month it cannot have more than 10% yearly visa allocated. So, nepal or iran at the range of 5k will be in the same month as rest of asia in a range of 8k-10k. Based on previous bulletin when the cut off occurs, the non cut off countries progress at least 50% to 100% faster than the cut off countries. So, we could see something like asia 18k except iran & nepal 9k in mid of 2014.

kayend bro can u tell me when i receive my 2nl y case no is as000033** i am frm nepal plz reply asap.

Good point, no. It was posted in July sometime!
Hmmm :( Now I am worried. In all of my lurking/browsing there have been numerous people over the years assuring other members that everyone who sends their forms in will get an interview... is this not the case anymore? I'm assuming you think the members who have case numbers 28XX and 3XXX (in the Aussie forum) have no chance whatsoever? So why are they even going through the process then? (by this I mean, you seem to be the only one who thinks 22XX - 23XX would be borderline....so I don't know what to think!)

Surely there wouldn't be that large an amount of people that would miss out?

It hasn't always been the case that everyone with a number gets an interview, only since 2006. That said (if I recall correctly - I have posted the numbers elsewhere in the forum) I think it is actually the case that Oceania is the one region that has always been all numbers current at fiscal-year end (at least since 2003).

But to answer your question, they are going through the process (I presume you mean applicants when you say "they") because if you don't send in your forms you know for certain that you won't get an interview.

If there is cut off for Nepal and Iran, the progress of Nepal and Iran will be slower than rest of Asia, just like Uzbekistan. As I understand that every month it cannot have more than 10% yearly visa allocated. So, Nepal or Iran at the range of 5k will be in the same month as rest of Asia in a range of 8k-10k. Based on previous bulletin when the cut off occurs, the non cut off countries progress at least 50% to 100% faster than the cut off countries. So, we could see something like Asia 18k except Iran & Nepal 9k in mid of 2014.
Special cutoffs are very much possible if a country has a limit. However, not all countries with limit has special cutoffs. Ukraine and Ghana have a limit but not special cutoffs. But Egypt, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uzbekistan have both a limit and special cutoffs.

Special cutoffs are very much possible if a country has a limit. However, not all countries with limit has special cutoffs. Ukraine and Ghana have a limit but not special cutoffs. But Egypt, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uzbekistan have both a limit and special cutoffs.

What is the criteria to impose a special cut off? Is that anything to do with countries that normally has a lot of AP cases?

kayend bro can u tell me when i receive my 2nl y case no is as000033** i am frm nepal plz reply asap.

Your # is low and very likely you will get an interview in Nov. Worst case in December. So around 6 weeks before your interview schedule date, you will receive 2nd letter.

If So, can you please tell me that AS000065** can be axed? I am from Nepal

KCC confirmation

Hey pals,

My CN is AF00021***
I sent the forms to KCC on 24th May and I DHL notified the delivery on 27th May 2013. But still now the KCC has not yet confirmed the reception of documents. Is it normal?

An other thing, what is the content of the 2NL? it says when to carry medicals? where and when the interview will be done? or something else? please tell me.

Thanks

He was legally married in 2009. He left for his studies in Europe a week after the marriage, then all his travelling documents to Europe were prepared as single and he couldn't collect the court marriage certificate before he left for Europe. As a result, his marital status in Europe is single. Even when he got visiting visa to USA, he filled the forms as single as well as DV-2013. When he is done with his studies in late 2012, he travelled back home and obtain his marriage certificate as well as church marriage certificate.
Now he is a winner of DV-2014, his forms have been processed as married waiting for interview with the actual marriage date, 2009. Looking at this story, what do you think?...what will be your advice to him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey pals,

My CN is AF00021***
I sent the forms to KCC on 24th May and I DHL notified the delivery on 27th May 2013. But still now the KCC has not yet confirmed the reception of documents. Is it normal?

An other thing, what is the content of the 2NL? it says when to carry medicals? where and when the interview will be done? or something else? please tell me.

Thanks

KCC do not confirm receipt of the forms unless you contact them by email or phone. They are very busy so they take a very long time to respond to emails.

Assuming you are doing consular processing (outside of the USA - the majority of cases are handled this way) then the 2NL is an email telling you to check the Entrant status check website (where you found the you have been selected letter). There, you will then see appointment details. Your number is not too high BUT you have some time to wait. You can spend some of that time reading through the posts here to learn more about the process! :D

What is the criteria to impose a special cut off? Is that anything to do with countries that normally has a lot of AP cases?
I list here 8 countries CEAC has data for, with absolute numbers and percentages. CEAC does not have data for Uzbekistan.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2bWzexdyvIlT0lKMTQ0Q3ZEZUk

3 of them do not have limit at all in dv-13. And out of the other five four have both limit and special cutoffs, and one only limits.
The number of admin processing cases for Lagos is less than for Accra, but for Addis Ababa and Cairo is more.
I do not know why three countries have limits while the other five do not.
I do not know why four countries have cutoffs while one does not have them.

Just added Iran to the table.

So, you could say that limit is imposed when the number of winners is at least 4900. That would work for all countries except Iran. Iran has more than that and no limits in DV-2013.
I do not see a direct way to figure anything out just by looking at this data. Maybe it has something to do with history.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was legally married in 2009. He left for his studies in Europe a week after the marriage, then all his travelling documents to Europe were prepared as single and he couldn't collect the court marriage certificate before he left for Europe. As a result, his marital status in Europe is single. Even when he got visiting visa to USA, he filled the forms as single as well as DV-2013. When he is done with his studies in late 2012, he travelled back home and obtain his marriage certificate as well as church marriage certificate.
Now he is a winner of DV-2014, his forms have been processed as married waiting for interview with the actual marriage date, 2009. Looking at this story, what do you think?...what will be your advice to him?

Nothing he can do. If they find out he was lying in a past visa application he might get in trouble.

The referenced person in this story isn't likely to get issued with a visa IMO. He has a marriage certificate dated 2009, regardless of whether he's got other documents or not processed as "single" since he got married, his E-DV marital status should have indicated "MARRIED". He's toast if he shows up at the interview with marriage certificate showing 2009 as date of marriage.

KCC do not confirm receipt of the forms unless you contact them by email or phone. They are very busy so they take a very long time to respond to emails.

Assuming you are doing consular processing (outside of the USA - the majority of cases are handled this way) then the 2NL is an email telling you to check the Entrant status check website (where you found the you have been selected letter). There, you will then see appointment details. Your number is not too high BUT you have some time to wait. You can spend some of that time reading through the posts here to learn more about the process! :D

Thank you very much for the in formation. I thought that KCC confirmation is one of the process as some of the forum members always put data for KCC confirmation. So I feared that they have not seen my files.

Thanks

Thank you very much for the in formation. I thought that KCC confirmation is one of the process as some of the forum members always put data for KCC confirmation. So I feared that they have not seen my files.

Thanks

Lots of people stress about it, but there is no need. In a month or so things at KCC might be quieter so you could confirm your forms are being processed at that time - which should still be in plenty of time before your number is current.

The referenced person in this story isn't likely to get issued with a visa IMO. He has a marriage certificate dated 2009, regardless of whether he's got other documents or not processed as "single" since he got married, his E-DV marital status should have indicated "MARRIED". He's toast if he shows up at the interview with marriage certificate showing 2009 as date of marriage.

The E-DV initial application is indicating Married.