• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin: September 2013 (Coming Soon)

Am a winner from Africa
Please friends, I wanna know if there's by any means one can be able to know what he/she has filled during the initial application of DV-2014.
Maybe if KCC notices any inconsistency between ones' intial application and DS-230, DSP-122, does it lead to immediate disqualification or they will still send the forms to embassy for interview.
They cannot adjudicate applications at KCC - only consular officer could do that (or USCIS officer in AOS procedure). That means if you see yourself as a winner and send forms to KCC, you cannot be turned down by KCC only. You could be not scheduled an interview if your number is higher than cut-off or you will have an interview.

When CEAC data is available for DV-2014 we will see immediately if frequency of those processed in Kathmandu (nepal) and ankara and UEA (iran) has changed. If not - that means the country has a limit.

I do not understand your statement about fools.
But percentage of holes cannot just jump from 15% in DV-2013 to 40% in DV-2014. Holes are from disqualified entries. In order to change their percentage they need to significantly change the criteria. That cannot change the percenrage in one single region only Asia, that would do it in all countries. When Bangladesh was present, percentage of holes was about the same after we exclude Bangladesh.
So, if you "cut" certain country, it would look like the percentage of holes has changed. So the only way how they could increase the percentage of holes so significantly is they have to cut certain countries.
I see you do not understand, increased the quota for Asia. More holes, it's obvious.Tell me how at 23,000 prizes have 27xxx CN?

help

Thanks reavsky.
The TRUE nature of the story is that he got married a week before he left for Europe for his Masters, that means all his documentation was done as single man. But when he applied for DV-2014, he is not 100% sure if he applied as married or single. He has submitted forms as married person to kcc and has recieved information from kcc that the forms have been processed and he will get interview as soon as his CN becomes current. He is worried about his uncertainty of using single or married in the initial application. The question is: is any way to see or know what was completed in the initial application, what will be your advice in this situation?

Thanks reavsky.
The TRUE nature of the story is that he got married a week before he left for Europe for his Masters, that means all his documentation was done as single man. But when he applied for DV-2014, he is not 100% sure if he applied as married or single. He has submitted forms as married person to kcc and has recieved information from kcc that the forms have been processed and he will get interview as soon as his CN becomes current. He is worried about his uncertainty of using single or married in the initial application. The question is: is any way to see or know what was completed in the initial application, what will be your advice in this situation?
No way to see before the interview. At the interview the consul would tell you if there is a discrepancy.

I see you do not understand, increased the quota for Asia. More holes, it's obvious.Tell me how at 23,000 prizes have 27xxx CN?
By cutting Iran at about 11000 and Nepal at about 14000-15000. I already told that. Then for an observer all nepalese and iranian numbers above those limits would look like holes (while they are not really holes, they are not disqualified, but cut numbers). That is the way how the amount oh holes could be increased from DV-13 to DV-14

Generally, it is well seen that while the number of winners for the rest of Asia (minus Iran and minus Nepal) increased about 97%, for Iran it did not increase and for Nepal it increased only 39%.
So, what exactly don't you understand:
1. That cutting Iran and Nepal is possible?!
2. That in case they are cut on those limits, the percentage of holes is the same as in DV-13?!
3. That is case they are cut on those limits, we would see just about 23000 winners out of 27000 numbers, if percentage of holes is the same as in DV-13?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Raevsky,

When you mentioned cut off you mean when they do the drawing from those cut off countries it will not register those countries when it reached the target? Around 6100. If that is the case the holes will be more after 13-14k, right? And we also can say that below the 13-14k it will have 5k selectees that will not get their visa because of country limit (if it ever reach that limit). In other word, the 12k selectees from Nepal and Iran are under 13-14k case #. But how can 14k case # consists of 12k selectees just from 2 countries?

They cannot adjudicate applications at KCC - only consular officer could do that (or USCIS officer in AOS procedure). That means if you see yourself as a winner and send forms to KCC, you cannot be turned down by KCC only. You could be not scheduled an interview if your number is higher than cut-off or you will have an interview.

This is true, but KCC doesn't just blindly send things on either:

"The KCC will create a DV immigrant visa (IV) file on the principal applicant and qualifying dependents. These files will be shipped to post prior to the visa interview. In cases where a potentially disqualifying factor has been identified at the KCC during case creation, a note will be made in the electronic case file. The file folder will then be stamped “KCC FPU Reviewed” and a red memorandum noting the existence of the disqualifying factor will be included in the paper file for post action."

Hi Raevsky,

When you mentioned cut off you mean when they do the drawing from those cut off countries it will not register those countries when it reached the target? Around 6100. If that is the case the holes will be more after 13-14k, right? And we also can say that below the 13-14k it will have 5k selectees that will not get their visa because of country limit (if it ever reach that limit). In other word, the 12k selectees from Nepal and Iran are under 13-14k case #. But how can 14k case # consists of 12k selectees just from 2 countries?
They will do the drawing and they include ALL winners from those countries. Later they decide what is the limit they want to cut it to, and they do not how numbers above that limit as winning numbers. They just some kind of disqualify them (because of high number), and in CEAC data you will see holes there.
Right, there will be a lot of iranian holes starting about number 11000 and in addition to that a lot of nepalese holes starting about 14000-15000. All numbers formerly won as nepalese and iranian numbers above the limit will be seen as holes.
12K selectees with family members could easily fit into numbers under 14K. Because numbers number entries, they do not include family members.

This is true, but KCC doesn't just blindly send things on either:

"The KCC will create a DV immigrant visa (IV) file on the principal applicant and qualifying dependents. These files will be shipped to post prior to the visa interview. In cases where a potentially disqualifying factor has been identified at the KCC during case creation, a note will be made in the electronic case file. The file folder will then be stamped “KCC FPU Reviewed” and a red memorandum noting the existence of the disqualifying factor will be included in the paper file for post action."
Absolutely. Consul will know all disqualifying factors that were flagged red at KCC.

"need help"
i am from nepal and this year there are 6082 selectees from this country ,according to the visa bulletin of september !if only 7% of total visa(country limit) are provided to nepal then nearly 2500 selectees with high case number arenot called for interview.what actually the people with high case number from this country should expect?

Out of 4370 nepalese winners in dv-13 so far only 3057 applied for a visa in Kathmandu. 225 got refused, 202 did send forms to KCC but did not schedule interview, 141 are on admin processing.
Only 2489 got visas by the beginning of August. If everything goes in the same proportion, 6082 winners would lead only to 3465 visas. That is under the country limit, but very close. Of course, that is not the end of September yet.

If the limit 3500 is going to be met, they will introduce special cutoffs for Nepal in Visa Bulletin, like they have for Uzbekistan, Egypt, Ethiopia, Nigeria, when they get closer to the limit

Hi everyone!!

I'm new to the forums (well, new to register anyway- have been 'lurking' since May when I received notification of being a selectee!!:D)

I'm hoping you can help me, as I've been reading around and looking at the visa bulletin in an attempt to understand how the whole case number/cut off thing works, and for the life of me I still can't really figure it out.

I'm a winner from Australia, and my case number is 2014OC000023XX.
Is this a high case number or a low case number? The Visa bulletin states that there were only 2104 winners from Australia??? How does that work when my number is higher than that? (Or do the numbers listed under the 'results' section of the bulletin refer to the amount of visas available?)

I feel incredibly dense, so apologies in advance! I just don't 'get' it haha

If anyone could give me an idea of when I might expect a 2nd Notification Letter and interview I would be very grateful :eek::eek:

Thanks!

Australian numbers are no different from other OC numbers. There are 4215 OC winners. If your number becomes current before the end of fiscal 2014, you are going to be extremely lucky. I would expect the passing borderline number is under your number.

Australian numbers are no different from other OC numbers. There are 4215 OC winners.

oh right, got it:p I did just read through the Australian winners thread (probably should have done that before posting my questions!) and that was a lot of help. Though I did read not to listen to you in regards to the higher case numbers not getting interviews...:p (sorry!)
I'll just wait and see and stay positive!

oh right, got it:p I did just read through the Australian winners thread (probably should have done that before posting my questions!) and that was a lot of help. Though I did read not to listen to you in regards to the higher case numbers not getting interviews...:p (sorry!)
I'll just wait and see and stay positive!
Did they post it already AFTER September Visa Bulletin was released on August 12?

Out of 4370 nepalese winners in dv-13 so far only 3057 applied for a visa in Kathmandu. 225 got refused, 202 did send forms to KCC but did not schedule interview, 141 are on admin processing.
Only 2489 got visas by the beginning of August. If everything goes in the same proportion, 6082 winners would lead only to 3465 visas. That is under the country limit, but very close. Of course, that is not the end of September yet.

If the limit 3500 is going to be met, they will introduce special cutoffs for Nepal in Visa Bulletin, like they have for Uzbekistan, Egypt, Ethiopia, Nigeria, when they get closer to the limit

If So, can you please tell me that AS000065** can be axed?Or ....