• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

It is the ban's thread and it is a question related to the ban, like directly related to it. 100% about the ban, in fact. Is not that what this thread is for? I am not asking about anyone's political views or any other political issues not related to the ban. Just about the ban/EO, which is what a "Trump's New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0" thread is for, right?

I agree with Susie, political speculations need to be left off of this thread. The question, will Biden let the ban expire or not is innocent enough on its own. However, that is how threads tend to get derailed.

The current administration, of which Biden is not a part of, put in place this proclamation, not Biden. Biden isn’t the current president of the US, so we can’t allow for this thread to get derailed as to what he might or might not do. Start another thread in the appropriate section of the forum if you want to speculate on what Biden will or will not do.

It is the ban's thread and it is a question related to the ban, like directly related to it. 100% about the ban, in fact. Is not that what this thread is for? I am not asking about anyone's political views or any other political issues not related to the ban. Just about the ban/EO, which is what a "Trump's New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0" thread is for, right?
You’re asking for speculation on who will win the election, and then for more speculation about what they will do if they win. This thread is not intended to be about speculating various scenarios. It is about the current ban in place, and what people can do about it.

I agree with Susie, political speculations need to be left off of this thread. The question, will Biden let the ban expire or not is innocent enough on its own. However, that is how threads tend to get derailed.

The current administration, of which Biden is not a part of, put in place this proclamation, not Biden. Biden isn’t the current president of the US, so we can’t allow for this thread to get derailed as to what he might or might not do. Start another thread in the appropriate section of the forum if you want to speculate on what Biden will or will not do.
I do not intend for the conversation to get derailed and it is an innocent question like you said. We are discussing here what the options are plausible now for DV winners and other people affected by the ban and, if we are being realistic, we also need to consider that option/variable (the elections and the next presidency).
Mostly because that could even affect all the lawsuits (which are also speculation because they can go either way but I see lots of comments about them) and their outcomes.

You’re asking for speculation on who will win the election, and then for more speculation about what they will do if they win. This thread is not intended to be about speculating various scenarios. It is about the current ban in place, and what people can do about it.
I have NOT asked for speculation on who will win, in fact I have not even remotely suggested it. I have asked if the other candidate WOULD let it expire (and would, conditional, implicates he could or could not win, meaning I have not stall nor asked for opinions about that).
The current ban in place is what I am talking about and what could be done about it is directly related to my question.
Are we going to keep discussing the semantics of my question? Because THAT does derail the conversation/thread.

I do not intend for the conversation to get derailed and it is an innocent question like you said. We are discussing here what the options are plausible now for DV winners and other people affected by the ban and, if we are being realistic, we also need to consider that option/variable (the elections and the next presidency).
Mostly because that could even affect all the lawsuits (which are also speculation because they can go either way but I see lots of comments about them) and their outcomes.

Like I clearly stated up front, it is an innocent question on its own. And I realize you most likely have no intention of derailing the thread, you however have no control over what kind of response will subsequently get posted. So we need to nip it in the bud before it even gets started.

And the back and forth on this question is beginning to do exactly that - derail the thread! So it needs to stop now.

Like I clearly stated up front, it is an innocent question on its own. And I realize you most likely have no intention of derailing the thread, you however have no control over what kind of response will subsequently get posted. So we need to nip it in the bud before it even gets started.

And the back and forth on this question is beginning to do exactly that - derail the thread! So it needs to stop now.
Thank you.

Correct me if I am wrong, but won't Trump be president AT LEAST till Jan 2021?
The election might happen in November, but you don't become incumbent for another 2 months.

Anyway, long way till go till the end of the year.
Very sad set of circumstances, but we have such little control.

BUT I am aware of at least one case where visas were reissued to a couple after their visa expired. Since KCC would have had to have been involved in the reallocation of the visa for that case - KCC might be able to clarify whether Naples has that right or not. In any case I have asked the AILA team to include that scenario to the list of affected groups in their action - and yes - please add your name to the form. I will be closing the form shortly since we have more than enough responses to be able to get a representative set of plaintiffs.

KCC won't give any information, they just say contact consulate/ embassy

KCC has gone silent hill these days. DV2021 winners from my country have not heard from them as well, and pubs, bars and internet cafes are fully open except the embassy - same paychecks, less interviewees.

KCC has gone silent hill these days. DV2021 winners from my country have not heard from them as well, and pubs, bars and internet cafes are fully open except the embassy - same paychecks, less interviewees.
Dv2021 selectees from other countries are still getting confirmations. Other than that, what do you expect to hear? (I’m also not sure how your country being open has any impact right now for Dv2021 selectees?)

Hi guys ,do you know anybody who got answer from the embassy that they gonna reissue their visa(which expired) after they put this on their website?

"If you were previously issued a visa for the DV-2020 program that was valid on April 23 and that visa expired before you were able to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy or Consulate where your visa was issued for further information. "

Hi guys ,do you know anybody who got answer from the embassy that they gonna reissue their visa(which expired) after they put this on their website?

"If you were previously issued a visa for the DV-2020 program that was valid on April 23 and that visa expired before you were able to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy or Consulate where your visa was issued for further information. "
Britsimon was talking about someone who got the visa reissued. Unknown where and when this happened... All the embassies in Europe right now are saying that it's no possible to get visa reissued because of the immigration ban

Britsimon was talking about someone who got the visa reissued. Unknown where and when this happened... All the embassies in Europe right now are saying that it's no possible to get visa reissued because of the immigration ban
It’s not unknown, it was stated earlier in the thread. It was Mozambique, which would have been issued by Johannesburg. It was in May. And it was not a re-issue, it was two derivatives on the visa. I think the reasoning was that the two must have been on AP and the consulate somehow managed to issue DV2/3 because the principal DV1 had been issued before the ban, but no one knows for sure.

I suggest opening a new page / forum that only manegers will post if there is any news without comments ,its difficult to follow with all the posts that run here.

It’s not unknown, it was stated earlier in the thread. It was Mozambique, which would have been issued by Johannesburg. It was in May. And it was not a re-issue, it was two derivatives on the visa. I think the reasoning was that the two must have been on AP and the consulate somehow managed to issue DV2/3 because the principal DV1 had been issued before the ban, but no one knows for sure.

No there was another case from Slovakia. Someone has visas issued, which were expiring and the embassy went ahead and re-issued them during the ban, AFTER the visas had expired. This was in June.

No there was another case from Slovakia. Someone has visas issued, which were expiring and the embassy went ahead and re-issued them during the ban, AFTER the visas had expired. This was in June.
Ah, missed that - thanks. Were you in contact with them - any idea of whether it was a normal reissue or if they argued for a special interest exemption? (I know people have been talking about this but not sure if anyone has been successful - i do know of doctors still getting emergency h1bs issued). Do you know if they have successfully entered the US?

Ah, missed that - thanks. Were you in contact with them - any idea of whether it was a normal reissue or if they argued for a special interest exemption? (I know people have been talking about this but not sure if anyone has been successful - i do know of doctors still getting emergency h1bs issued). Do you know if they have successfully entered the US?

No special interest. The embassy treated at as "normal" within the scope described in 9 FAM. I don't think they have entered yet, but there is no reason to have any concern about problems at entry. A valid visa in hand gets in - that being the reason why "no entry" means "no issuances".

No special interest. The embassy treated at as "normal" within the scope described in 9 FAM. I don't think they have entered yet, but there is no reason to have any concern about problems at entry. A valid visa in hand gets in - that being the reason why "no entry" means "no issuances".
I was wondering if CBP simply looks at visa expiry, or whether they check the issue date in these cases. One assumes that they would trust an issued visa has met all requirements- but it would be nice to have that confirmed.