• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

Hey all

I am a DV2020 winner, new to this forum but really like the flow of the discussion and interaction by all.

I will graduate from medical school in this coming July! I will start working as an Intern doctor in August 1st at a local hospital. Intern doctor is the most junior in-training position in the hierarchy of physicians.

I am wondering if this makes me eligible for the exception of Healthcare Professionals on P10014 (DV exception I mean, not the new H-B1 nor J visas).

Any thoughts?

I was wondering if CBP simply looks at visa expiry, or whether they check the issue date in these cases. One assumes that they would trust an issued visa has met all requirements- but it would be nice to have that confirmed.

Just expiry. The person could have been issued by a waiver or exception. That's not for CBP to determine. And that answers the common question of why the order barring entry actually bars issuance.

Hi, I just found new update on the embassy in London's website. Can somebody please confirm that's also including dv visas? I dont know why but I can't share link here. It says:
UPDATED: Can my U.S. visa be  extended?
Nonimmigrant visas cannot be extended. However, the majority of nonimmigrant visas are valid for several years. Please check the visa in your passport to confirm the validity period of the visa in your case(.....
............................) Immigrant and fiancé(e) visas cannot be extended. However, if you are unable to travel within the validity period of your visa due to circumstances beyond your control, you can request visa reissuance. Please monitor our website for the latest updates. After normal operations have resumed and your unused visa has expired, please submit a visa contact form through our website at that time to request visa reissuance. We will send you information about how to submit your passport, visa package (if applicable) and a letter explaining why you were unable to travel and requesting visa reissuance. Please note that you will be required to undergo a new medical examination and pay a new visa fee before the visa can be reissued.

Hi, I just found new update on the embassy in London's website. Can somebody please confirm that's also including dv visas? I dont know why but I can't share link here. It says:
UPDATED: Can my U.S. visa be  extended?
Nonimmigrant visas cannot be extended. However, the majority of nonimmigrant visas are valid for several years. Please check the visa in your passport to confirm the validity period of the visa in your case(.....
............................) Immigrant and fiancé(e) visas cannot be extended. However, if you are unable to travel within the validity period of your visa due to circumstances beyond your control, you can request visa reissuance. Please monitor our website for the latest updates. After normal operations have resumed and your unused visa has expired, please submit a visa contact form through our website at that time to request visa reissuance. We will send you information about how to submit your passport, visa package (if applicable) and a letter explaining why you were unable to travel and requesting visa reissuance. Please note that you will be required to undergo a new medical examination and pay a new visa fee before the visa can be reissued.
Yes, but they also say:

"Under Presidential Proclamation 10014, which was signed on April 22 and extended on June 22 until December 31, 2020, the Department of State will not issue immigrant visas, with certain exceptions. Exceptions include lawful permanent residents; immigrants seeking to enter as a healthcare professional; spouses, children, and prospective adoptive children of U.S. citizens; and certain Special Immigrant Visa applicants. Please review the proclamation at Whitehouse.gov for detailed information. If normal operations resume while Presidential Proclamation 10014 remains in effect, it will not be possible for a visa appointment to be scheduled unless you are applying for a category of visa that is excepted under Presidential Proclamation 10014."

So if you have read the proclamation you will know for sure that DV is not listed.
There's no way to get a reissuance neither from Naples or London.
I guess we have to transfer our cases in Slovakia then...

Hi guys! Do you have info about dv2022 will be proccesed as normal,or could be canceled,does the president have the authority to cancel it based on the state of emergency,Im dv2020 winner,Right now Im in a state of denial ,desperation,confusion and pain I know that I dont have any chance no more and the hopes and dreams are ruined but I just cant accept it and cant thinking about it,it just like you were denied to eat the favorite cake,and you are angry and keep wanting it more,I know that this opportunity we won is 1 in 200 years,but when applying for dv2022 maybe deep down in my heart I will get a sparkle of the feeling I had during the proccess ,Please respond if you have certified infos thank you

Hi guys! Do you have info about dv2022 will be proccesed as normal,or could be canceled,does the president have the authority to cancel it based on the state of emergency,Im dv2020 winner,Right now Im in a state of denial ,desperation,confusion and pain I know that I dont have any chance no more and the hopes and dreams are ruined but I just cant accept it and cant thinking about it,it just like you were denied to eat the favorite cake,and you are angry and keep wanting it more,I know that this opportunity we won is 1 in 200 years,but when applying for dv2022 maybe deep down in my heart I will get a sparkle of the feeling I had during the proccess ,Please respond if you have certified infos thank you
We've been through what you've been through. Lol. But we can't do anything but wait. Check britismon blog. There is a good lawyers challenging against that ban. But still have other problems like some other countries embassies won't open and covid 19 situation is getting worse in U.S.

We've been through what you've been through. Lol. But we can't do anything but wait. Check britismon blog. There is a good lawyers challenging against that ban. But still have other problems like some other countries embassies won't open and covid 19 situation is getting worse in U.S.
Man thanks for response ,but i gave up from dv2020 there is no hope anymore,I was just asking if there will be entry for dv2022 in october?

Hey all

I am a DV2020 winner, new to this forum but really like the flow of the discussion and interaction by all.

I will graduate from medical school in this coming July! I will start working as an Intern doctor in August 1st at a local hospital. Intern doctor is the most junior in-training position in the hierarchy of physicians.

I am wondering if this makes me eligible for the exception of Healthcare Professionals on P10014 (DV exception I mean, not the new H-B1 nor J visas).

Any thoughts?
I highly doubt you will qualify for the exception as it does not only suffice to have a Medical degree. The exception is reserved for physicians who have applied for and been accepted to pursue postgraduate (reaidency) training in the US. In order to qualify to apply, you have to, in addition to holding a medical degree from an accredited medical school, pass the US medical licensing exams steps 1 and 2. On average, it takes 2 years to prepare for and complete both exams and passing only qualifies you to apply. Getting selected is another hurdle which is becoming increasingly difficult, especially for doctors who were completely trained out of the US and have no experience in the US Healthcare system.

There is no reason to think DV2020 will be affected in any way.

Simon, is there any update on the AILA lawsuit?

The team worked over the weekend sent me some documents to review. They have started to contact some people from the list to be representatives of a class. I don't know when they will be ready to file- it's a complex case and they can't make the mistake of starting badly. However, they are also aware of the deadlines.

Please family ,lets realise that we have moderators on this page with much more experience. Even though some f us are adults but we need to understand and be a little submissive to our moderators when they correct us if we are beating about the bush.
We don't pay our moderators. They sacrifice their leisure time for us and all what e can pay them back is to speak unguarded words to them?
If it was in our shoes,we might say are quitting.please lets guard our mouths on this noble forum. Thank you

The team worked over the weekend sent me some documents to review. They have started to contact some people from the list to be representatives of a class. I don't know when they will be ready to file- it's a complex case and they can't make the mistake of starting badly. However, they are also aware of the deadlines.

For those who dindnt and couldn't participate in both AILA and Curtis, should they wait for an outcome of those 2 or they should start to find a lawyer?

For those who dindnt and couldn't participate in both AILA and Curtis, should they wait for an outcome of those 2 or they should start to find a lawyer?

The AILA suit is a class action. If they win, those wins benefit everyone in that class.

Curtis' suit will only benefit named plaintiffs if at all.

You could hire a lawyer - but suing the government is not easy, and therefore not cheap.

So I contacted Morrison, but I have been told it's not possible to partecipate for those who already got a visa and is expired

So I contacted Morrison, but I have been told it's not possible to partecipate for those who already got a visa and is expired

This was posted yesterday by Sofia embassy. It might be (BUT IS YET TO BE CONFIRMED) that this is based on a central clarification/decision that allows re-issuances. But everyone needs to be a little patient and see how this develops in the next few days. I hope I don't need to explain this is not a queue to ask how you move your case to Bulgaria. But if you want, you can email your embassy with another request - quoting the published info from Sofia embassy, and asking them to comment/check since the policy might have "changed".

https://bg.usembassy.gov/message-from-consular-section-regarding-re-issuance-of-immigrant-visas/

Sec. 4. Termination. This proclamation shall expire on December 31, 2020, and may be continued as necessary. Within 30 days of June 24, 2020, and every 60 days thereafter while this proclamation is in effect, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend any modifications as may be necessary.”

Does it mean there is a chance to terminate the EO, or add more exceptions at July 24 or Sep 24? Should we expect anything?

This was posted yesterday by Sofia embassy. It might be (BUT IS YET TO BE CONFIRMED) that this is based on a central clarification/decision that allows re-issuances. But everyone needs to be a little patient and see how this develops in the next few days. I hope I don't need to explain this is not a queue to ask how you move your case to Bulgaria. But if you want, you can email your embassy with another request - quoting the published info from Sofia embassy, and asking them to comment/check since the policy might have "changed".

https://bg.usembassy.gov/message-from-consular-section-regarding-re-issuance-of-immigrant-visas/

...which directly contradicts what is posted on the Vietnam embassy site. It’s a mess.