• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

It's clear. If you did not have valid immigrant visa on April 23rd, you are not eligible, unless you are considered a national interest (exception) or AOS.

Now as we approach July, the fight is now to block the ban and at least get previously scheduled interviews rescheduled for the last month of dv2020 - September.

For the rest of dv2020 selectees (including myself), the game is over. There is simply now enough time to process 30k or so remaining cases, most of which don't even have documents processed (confirmation) + most embassies are still closed. You can chose to disagree and waste another 3 months hoping... but it will be such a waste of time. Digging the hole, seeking invisible forces will not change it. Accept reality and move on with your life. Say goodbye to DV's worst year ever. Life is not always fair :/
I think it was not the worst year for DV lottery. The worst one will be 2021.

True, if Trump stays in power and ban is not successfully challenged, there will be no dv2021 visas at all. US economy will not fully recover any time soon and he will have an excuse to keep the ban in place for as long as he remains in power. Btw over 60% of Americans support this ban.

True, if Trump stays in power and ban is not successfully challenged, there will be no dv2021 visas at all. US economy will not fully recover any time soon and he will have an excuse to keep the ban in place for as long as he remains in power. Btw over 60% of Americans support this ban.
I don't think so, America is also loosing money as a result of this ban, USCIS is not making money as a result of the ban which will ultimately affect the US if the ban is extended, I don't think it will be extended beyond December 2020. My personal opinion.

Yeah, the ban itself will be extended next year or not is still unknown. But, Biden is no match to Trump. I do not like Trump, of course, but I see no one that can beat him. I often read tweet replies from Trump supporters, and they are either plainly silly or simply aggressive.

Yeah, the ban itself will be extended next year or not is still unknown. But, Biden is no match to Trump. I do not like Trump, of course, but I see no one that can beat him. I often read tweet replies from Trump supporters, and they are either plainly silly or simply aggressive.
Ofcourse Biden has a chance, especially with a good running mate. As for now Trump is trailing behind him like a sinking ship and will be flushed out of the White House in November :)

I had no idea there’s already a poll that shows how popular or otherwise this proclamation is. Can you share the link to this poll that shows over 60% of Americans support the ban?

I think it was not the worst year for DV lottery. The worst one will be 2021.
Let's calm down, the FY has not even started for 2021. And a lot can happen in 15 months until it ends.

This ain't about the economy at all, it's about the votes. He will not extend it because the elections will have passed. It is like the wall with Mexico, he won 2016 saying that and we have not seen it in the press until literally last week.

Let's calm down, the FY has not even started for 2021. And a lot can happen in 15 months until it ends.

This ain't about the economy at all, it's about the votes. He will not extend it because the elections will have passed. It is like the wall with Mexico, he won 2016 saying that and we have not seen it in the press until literally last week.

Well I agree about calming down, and that a lot can still happen - but it's not clear that he would not extend it if he's re-elected. The challenge in court is likely to be a major factor in that. If he wins in court, he may well both extend and expand the ban. A ruling that the ban is illegal is the best thing that can happen now.

Well I agree about calming down, and that a lot can still happen - but it's not clear that he would not extend it if he's re-elected. The challenge in court is likely to be a major factor in that. If he wins in court, he may well both extend and expand the ban. A ruling that the ban is illegal is the best thing that can happen now.
I am still convinced it is all about the votes. He will not need them after November.

Omg guys can we please not have this devolve into a discussion about who is going to win the election and what they may or may not do after that and what we think their motivations are. Can we please keep to topic of the actual proclamation.

Omg guys can we please not have this devolve into a discussion about who is going to win the election and what they may or may not do after that and what we think their motivations are. Can we please keep to topic of the actual proclamation.
Agreed, start your own private conversation about un relevant things, also DV2021 calm down there’s months to go before those interviews start. As for now I posted a link to a form you can write a book if you wish about your own situation of how the proclamation is affecting you. So just use that to get a word out to an actual lawyer.

I wanted to make you guys aware about a form immigration lawyer Greg Suskind posted on twitter regarding (our) April 23 proclamation. He will use the information for plaintiffs for potential lawsuits.
I would like to participate, especially because I missed submitting my data when Brit Simon asked for it. But I don’t know if I can trust that lawyer with my info. Have you submitted yours?

I would like to participate, especially because I missed submitting my data when Brit Simon asked for it. But I don’t know if I can trust that lawyer with my info. Have you submitted yours?
Re missing britsimon’s form. You do understand that that case is a class action, and if it is successful all DV selectees will benefit, not just those who signed up?

I wanted to make you guys aware about a form immigration lawyer Greg Suskind posted on twitter regarding (our) April 23 proclamation. He will use the information for plaintiffs for potential lawsuits.

He says (first thing on his list) he wants the info in case you want to talk to a reporter, huh? I’d also be a little suspicious of how info will be used tbh. He talks about “potential” litigation, does he explain further what this might be somewhere?

Re missing britsimon’s form. You do understand that that case is a class action, and if it is successful all DV selectees will benefit, not just those who signed up?
No worries, I do know about that. It‘s just that I for myself want to have the feeling of „I did everything I could“ in this uncertain situation if that makes sense to you.

Do we think we can keep political speculation to a different thread?
It is the ban's thread and it is a question related to the ban, like directly related to it. 100% about the ban, in fact. Is not that what this thread is for? I am not asking about anyone's political views or any other political issues not related to the ban. Just about the ban/EO, which is what a "Trump's New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0" thread is for, right?