• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

FC743492-19DE-4DEB-BFA6-853B81AB714E.jpegDoes it mean we’re eligible??? Comparing these 2 paragraphs??
Am still confused

Attachments

• 902122B4-051F-4A3F-BF86-4EA2B2355A2B.jpeg
    902122B4-051F-4A3F-BF86-4EA2B2355A2B.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 7
In the end it's written nowhere that they will give new visas to those who got it expired and held a visa before April 23th... This is ridicolous.
At the same time it does not specifically say that they will not reissue expired visas. It's interesting as they have mentioned a yes or no answer for all other scenarios.
I'd be keen to see if any other consulates/embassies have mentioned they will reissue DV visas. Perhaps it's region based?

This is what we have been saying all along?
I’m not exactly clear what part of the first paragraph you think it contradicts, can you explain?
This part. which is the last but... paragraph. All 2020....
Comparing to the “Applicant for Immigrant.....unless eligible for an exception”

Attachments

• 594B22C8-7745-4E12-9864-8347052D2B88.jpeg
    594B22C8-7745-4E12-9864-8347052D2B88.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
View attachment 1752Does it mean we’re eligible??? Comparing these 2 paragraphs??
Am still confused

It's clear. If you did not have valid immigrant visa on April 23rd, you are not eligible, unless you are considered a national interest (exception) or AOS.

Now as we approach July, the fight is now to block the ban and at least get previously scheduled interviews rescheduled for the last month of dv2020 - September.

For the rest of dv2020 selectees (including myself), the game is over. There is simply now enough time to process 30k or so remaining cases, most of which don't even have documents processed (confirmation) + most embassies are still closed. You can chose to disagree and waste another 3 months hoping... but it will be such a waste of time. Digging the hole, seeking invisible forces will not change it. Accept reality and move on with your life. Say goodbye to DV's worst year ever. Life is not always fair :/

Last edited:
This part. which is the last but... paragraph All 2020....
This bit you have quoted again says everyone has to have a visa or have adjusted by 30 September. That’s not contradicted anywhere.

The “exception” in the first part refers to those eligible for a visa despite the ban. They still need it by 30 September if they are eligible for a visa.

This bit you have quoted again says everyone has to have a visa or have adjusted by 30 September. That’s not contradicted anywhere.

The “exception” in the first part refers to those eligible for a visa despite the ban. They still need it by 30 September if they are eligible for a visa.
Ohhk I get it
Thanks

At the same time it does not specifically say that they will not reissue expired visas. It's interesting as they have mentioned a yes or no answer for all other scenarios.
I'd be keen to see if any other consulates/embassies have mentioned they will reissue DV visas. Perhaps it's region based?
There can’t be differences in the law between regions. There are clearly differences in the understanding of the law by different embassies, however. As Simon said before - there needs to be some kind of explicit directive by DoS on this.

Ohhk I get it
Thanks
Can you explain what are those exception ,for example If im dv-2020 winner and Im a medical professional in my country (its stated in ds-260, cab I be part of exception,if yes whom should I contact for exception KCC kr the embassy?

Can you explain what are those exception ,for example If im dv-2020 winner and Im a medical professional in my country (its stated in ds-260, cab I be part of exception,if yes whom should I contact for exception KCC kr the embassy?

according to the proclamation, the medical profession exception is:

ii) any alien seeking to enter the United States on an immigrant visa as a physician, nurse, or other healthcare professional; to perform medical research or other research intended to combat the spread of COVID-19; or to perform work essential to combating, recovering from, or otherwise alleviating the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees; and any spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old of any such alien who are accompanying or following to join the alien;
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...conomic-recovery-following-covid-19-outbreak/

i personally haven’t heard of anyone using this and don’t know who you would contact, probably email or phone both of them? Maybe britsimon has a better idea on this one.

There can’t be differences in the law between regions. There are clearly differences in the understanding of the law by different embassies, however. As Simon said before - there needs to be some kind of explicit directive by DoS on this.
Unless they are leaving it at the discretion of each embassy to reissue visas? Much in the same way it is up to each reach embassy to approve the visa in the first place.
Syd is asking for a letter to be sent with the renewal request explaining why we were unable to activate the visas, and when we plan on using the visas if reissued.

Unless they are leaving it at the discretion of each embassy to reissue visas? Much in the same way it is up to each reach embassy to approve the visa in the first place.
Syd is asking for a letter to be sent with the renewal request explaining why we were unable to activate the visas, and when we plan on using the visas if reissued.
I don’t believe this can be a discretionary issue. The “discretion” of embassies to approve or deny visas is limited with all the factors clearly detailed in the field manual. You cannot have a situation where the same law does not apply equally to everyone. Will be interesting to follow the evolution of what happens in Sydney, because if they reissue visas there then there are certainly arguments to be made that other embassies have to do the same, despite current statements that they can’t.

I know a few people who have valid visas, but they are confused and don't know if they can enter the USA or not. My understanding is that they can, if they somehow manage to find the way, around Shengen area, am I correct?

I know a few people who have valid visas, but they are confused and don't know if they can enter the USA or not. My understanding is that they can, if they somehow manage to find the way, around Shengen area, am I correct?

Right now the situation has changed. Many countries reopened...
What the embassies stated is the following: you must not stay for 14 days in schengen and UK, when you travel in the US be sure not to stop and change flight by schengen and UK. Simple.
Now a person here said that there were people who entered in the US ( Don't know in which way, how, when, from where ), but what the embassy told me in minsk is very clear.
At that time ( April- May ) the only options were Belarus and Ethiopa, but still there was the problem of changing flight by EU or UK so I decided to don't go.

Ercriniera

As far as I know there are flights from Turkey as well, or there should be soon. If you arrived in the USA from Turkey, you won't be denied on the border right?