• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

Sec. 4. Termination. This proclamation shall expire on December 31, 2020, and may be continued as necessary. Within 30 days of June 24, 2020, and every 60 days thereafter while this proclamation is in effect, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend any modifications as may be necessary.”

Does it mean there is a chance to terminate the EO, or add more exceptions at July 24 or Sep 24? Should we expect anything?

The proclamation may be modified within 30 days (from June 24th when it was first made), and every 60 days since then going forward for as long as the proclamation is in effect. The changes can be anything they deem necessary. Trying to figure out in advance what the changes could be is a fruitless endeavor IMO.

This was posted yesterday by Sofia embassy. It might be (BUT IS YET TO BE CONFIRMED) that this is based on a central clarification/decision that allows re-issuances. But everyone needs to be a little patient and see how this develops in the next few days. I hope I don't need to explain this is not a queue to ask how you move your case to Bulgaria. But if you want, you can email your embassy with another request - quoting the published info from Sofia embassy, and asking them to comment/check since the policy might have "changed".

https://bg.usembassy.gov/message-from-consular-section-regarding-re-issuance-of-immigrant-visas/

Well unfortunately that's the only option... We must get the case transferred in Bulgaria IF possible.
Italy won't reissue the visas, same London... So I don't see any option

Well unfortunately that's the only option... We must get the case transferred in Bulgaria IF possible.
Italy won't reissue the visas, same London... So I don't see any option

No. The rule needs to be clarified. Not a matter of moving your case to another embassy. The rule should be equally applied no matter where you ask.

No. The rule needs to be clarified. Not a matter of moving your case to another embassy. The rule should be equally applied no matter where you ask.
Exactly. They can’t apply the same law differently to different people in the exact same situation.

Anyway I don’t see why another embassy would take a case just to reissue a visa, especially one the applicant has no ”claim” to use.

Exactly. They can’t apply the same law differently to different people in the exact same situation.

Anyway I don’t see why another embassy would take a case just to reissue a visa, especially one the applicant has no ”claim” to use.
What you mean for "claim" to use? If you were selected, passed everything and were granted the visa why shouldn't you get a new one if you couldn't use it?

What you mean for "claim" to use? If you were selected, passed everything and were granted the visa why shouldn't you get a new one if you couldn't use it?

no claim to use the embassy - in other words you are neither a national of that country nor resident there.

no claim to use the embassy - in other words you are neither a national of that country nor resident there.

At some point they must reissue the visas to everyone who got it expired then... But here we're talking about odds.
The embassy in Bulgaria or Slovakia are the only one that are reissuing expired visas, why don't try to konck on their door if the embassy in the country of birth or in the country of residence are saying "no there's no way to get a new one because of proclamation"?

At some point they must reissue the visas to everyone who got it expired then... But here we're talking about odds.
The embassy in Bulgaria or Slovakia are the only one that are reissuing expired visas, why don't try to konck on their door if the embassy in the country of birth or in the country of residence are saying "no there's no way to get a new one because of proclamation"?
Sure you can try, let us know if it’s successful so others can do the same.

As Susie says you are welcome to try, but you would be far better spending your time doing as I suggested.

Remember, to re-issue the visa, they need a new medical (can only be performed in the country of the embassy), you need to pay the fees, and although they generally will waive the interview, they only do that because the interview already took place and they accepted (and retained) your documentation. So - if you tried to transfer (which would be difficult for the reasons that Susie mentioned) you would have to get the original embassy to forward the documentation, and that would need to be re-evaluated, you would need a new interview and the embassy is not performing interviews. The embassy would also probably point out that they "own" your case, and retain "jurisdiction" over your case for any re-issuance. In short, you will almost certainly screw your case up.

Whereas if you do as I suggested, you may be able to get the embassy to check the rules with DoS . If they do that, they might confirm that Sofia is doing it right OR they would come back and say Sofia is doing it wrong. Since visas are re-issued centrally, Sofia can't make their own rules, but they have interpreted/understood them differently. In time, that should become clear - but to hasten that we need someone to apply some logical thinking not shoot off in directions that just waste time.

As Susie says you are welcome to try, but you would be far better spending your time doing as I suggested.

Remember, to re-issue the visa, they need a new medical (can only be performed in the country of the embassy), you need to pay the fees, and although they generally will waive the interview, they only do that because the interview already took place and they accepted (and retained) your documentation. So - if you tried to transfer (which would be difficult for the reasons that Susie mentioned) you would have to get the original embassy to forward the documentation, and that would need to be re-evaluated, you would need a new interview and the embassy is not performing interviews. The embassy would also probably point out that they "own" your case, and retain "jurisdiction" over your case for any re-issuance. In short, you will almost certainly screw your case up.

Plus: the embassy will want a reason as to why you are requesting the move. “Because no one else will give me the visa” seems unlikely to fly.

And now, the travel.state.gov site has been updated with this:

"If you were previously issued a visa for the DV-2020 program that was valid on April 23 and that visa expired before you were able to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy or Consulate where your visa was issued for further information. "

Which is a repeat of what we have seen as an answer on some FB/Twitter posts, and strongly suggests (in my opinion) that There is not a simple "no" answer.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry.html

And now, the travel.state.gov site has been updated with this:

"If you were previously issued a visa for the DV-2020 program that was valid on April 23 and that visa expired before you were able to travel to the United States, please contact the Embassy or Consulate where your visa was issued for further information. "

Which is a repeat of what we have seen as an answer on some FB/Twitter posts, and strongly suggests (in my opinion) that There is not a simple "no" answer.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry.html
And perhaps is something a bit more “concrete” to use than “this is what Sofia says” when contacting one’s own embassy.

Could the emergency appointment be requested if the embassy is still closed and the 30th September get close? If they decide to reissue the visas

Could the emergency appointment be requested if the embassy is still closed and the 30th September get close? If they decide to reissue the visas

You mean specifically for a re-issuance of an expired visa. As I already explained to you, re-issuance can happen WITHOUT an appointment at the responsible embassy because they have already interviewed you. I know you are in a state of panic, but slow down and think.

One winner of dv2021 with low cn ,got the email for requesting docs on 12 june,he sent docs on 16 june and just two days after on 18 june he got the confirmation email that docs are ok,It makes you explode ,Im a dv2020 winner I gave up my hopes two weeks ago and Im recovering or “healing” from this nightmare .But this made me so angry ,I sent my docs on october and I was emailing them and calling them every week ,they always answered with their boring answers “we have too much work” bla bla bla even before the virus when work was going normal,for almost 7-8 months I never got my conf email,It looks like they just didnt want to work at all this year ,like they didnt care for dv2020,they didnt send any conf email for 3 months because of covid -19 pause and now we have the worst situation with infection and they process docs in just 2 days and 2 months before the first vb for dv2021 ,its just so unfair and so cruel from them ,they didnt gave us an honest answer for 4 months to gives a hint what was going to happen ,and now when we call they say dv2020 is over,burned try again dv2022 so ironic,like it was something that you win every year,tired of this unfair and evil world.

One winner of dv2021 with low cn ,got the email for requesting docs on 12 june,he sent docs on 16 june and just two days after on 18 june he got the confirmation email that docs are ok,It makes you explode ,Im a dv2020 winner I gave up my hopes two weeks ago and Im recovering or “healing” from this nightmare .But this made me so angry ,I sent my docs on october and I was emailing them and calling them every week ,they always answered with their boring answers “we have too much work” bla bla bla even before the virus when work was going normal,for almost 7-8 months I never got my conf email,It looks like they just didnt want to work at all this year ,like they didnt care for dv2020,they didnt send any conf email for 3 months because of covid -19 pause and now we have the worst situation with infection and they process docs in just 2 days and 2 months before the first vb for dv2021 ,its just so unfair and so cruel from them ,they didnt gave us an honest answer for 4 months to gives a hint what was going to happen ,and now when we call they say dv2020 is over,burned try again dv2022 so ironic,like it was something that you win every year,tired of this unfair and evil world.

I am a DV2020 selectee and in my case I can’t complain about how much time KCC took to reply to me about my docs being ok. After I sent those docs required last august they replied like next week. I requested to unlock my DS260 2 times and few days later the same email telling me everytime that my docs were ok and that I was ready to be scheduled. I agree that this has been like a nightmare to me too to see the chance of my life to go away. I don’t know if a chance like this will ever happen to me again. I applied for DV2021 and I wasn’t selected. I have patiently waited for many years for this chance to come to me and when it finally did this nonsense ban idea comes to someone’s mind. Living in USA has been a dream for me since I was in high school and I learned about this DV program in 1997 but I started signing up on this DV program since 1999 when I was about to finish college and after getting some work experience and ready to leave my hometown but had to stop doing it few years later because my country stopped being eligible for like 9 years. When my country became eligible again like 2 DV programs ago I did it again and after winning this DV2020 now this awful situation. I have visited USA many times and I always have behaved not overstaying just waiting for a day to come when finally I would “visit” USA not as a visitor anymore but now it seems that that won’t ever happen to me. I know anyone’s case And circumstances are different but since I learned I was selected for more processing on DV2020 I have been ready and people with a lower CN seemed that they weren’t ready when their CN became current. Others got a visa approved and weren’t able to fly sooner before coronavirus made many airports and borders closed in many countries. When I think about all these situations I just think that I was ready way before, I would have like flown away just next day I had visa approved stamped on my passport. I know others might have their own reasons why they couldn’t get documents ready before and on time or couldn’t fly to activate their visas but I just think life is so ironic and unfair for many of us but at the same time I realize that so far nothing we can do about it and we just must move on

Luckily unlucky DV 2020 winners like us, the one who were scheduled and postponed and also those still waiting to be scheduled. There's nothing we can do nor someone can do. Its over now. Thank you all for the warm support and suggestion during this period. Hope this covid ends soon. Stay safe stay blessed. Good Bye