• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

So it seems Sydney is standing by their decision to re-issue expired DV visas. Although they still refuse to actually say it in so many words.

The 'per the below' email they are referring to was our previous email, where they instructed us to send back our passports and forms with a new medical and visa fees in order to re-issue the visas. We simply replied to that email as it was sent to us before the ban was extended.

I understand they don't want to flat out say yes you can get a new visa, but we were trying to get them to say yes you are still eligible for a new visa.

Still I assume this is government speak for 'yes we can'?

Good Afternoon,

Could we please have confirmation that we are still able to reissue our immigrant visa as per the email below. We are looking to book in our medicals but understand there is a current ban on immigration to the US, that our previous visas were exempt from.

We would like confirmation that the process of reissuing the visas is still available to us before we book, undertake or pay for any of these requirements.

Our case ID is 2020OC***, and our A-Numbers are A***, A*** and A***

Thank you again,

Thank you for your email.

Per the below, please send your documents for visa reissuance. Keep in mind, payments made or received in Australian dollars are subject to the current official exchange rate which is subject to change without notice. To find out the Australian amount equivalent, please refer to USTravelDocs. Do not calculate your own USD to AUD conversion.

Thank you,

Immigrant Visa Unit (cc)
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

So it seems Sydney is standing by their decision to re-issue expired DV visas. Although they still refuse to actually say it in so many words.

The 'per the below' email they are referring to was our previous email, where they instructed us to send back our passports and forms with a new medical and visa fees in order to re-issue the visas. We simply replied to that email as it was sent to us before the ban was extended.

I understand they don't want to flat out say yes you can get a new visa, but we were trying to get them to say yes you are still eligible for a new visa.

Still I assume this is government speak for 'yes we can'?

Good Afternoon,

Could we please have confirmation that we are still able to reissue our immigrant visa as per the email below. We are looking to book in our medicals but understand there is a current ban on immigration to the US, that our previous visas were exempt from.

We would like confirmation that the process of reissuing the visas is still available to us before we book, undertake or pay for any of these requirements.

Our case ID is 2020OC***, and our A-Numbers are A***, A*** and A***

Thank you again,

Thank you for your email.

Per the below, please send your documents for visa reissuance. Keep in mind, payments made or received in Australian dollars are subject to the current official exchange rate which is subject to change without notice. To find out the Australian amount equivalent, please refer to USTravelDocs. Do not calculate your own USD to AUD conversion.

Thank you,

Immigrant Visa Unit (cc)
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

This is encouraging.

Makes me think that this may be related with the travel ban.
Supposed that we can't travel due of the travel ban they automatically decided to don't issue new visas.
This is just what I'm thinking in such absurd situation
Yep, this is exactly what my Embassy answered: we can't reissue your visa because of Schengen travel ban (this from 11 march)

The answer of Tbilisi embassy is ridiculous (screenshot above), they are asking to re-do medicals, pay all fees again (which is not a little money, especially for Georgians) and they can't even guarantee that visa will be re-issued.
My interview is gonna be in Tbilisi if Biden wins and Corona ends :) CN 9XXX ...

Yep, this is exactly what my Embassy answered: we can't reissue your visa because of Schengen travel ban (this from 11 march)

Also the embassy in Tirana, Albania states that they can't reissue new visas because the embassy is closed and reissuing is non emergency service contrary to what it has been said.
So the embassies and consulates are doing whatever they want interpreting by themself.
IMG-20200709-WA0000.jpg

Do you guys have any updates from Slovakia, it's also in schengen.

Did you ask them? Email them...
There was someone who managed to get the visa reissued with them. Try to mention this along with the state dep statement and Bulgaria reissuing visas.
Until now all the schengen countries are refusing to reissue like it has been said above. Some for the immigration, some for the travel ban.

This is regarding an additional lawsuit I believe, just got it in my inbox. Again people in Curtiss lawsuit and Aila, I don’t think should sign up for it.

Dear DV Visa Applicant:

Thank you for recently completing the form I created collecting information from people interested in challenging the April 2020 immigrant visa ban. I'm working with a group of law firms planning to challenge the ban as it pertains to DV winners. The suit is a pro bono one - we are not planning on billing victims of the ban for our work.

Our goal is to get the State Department to reverse course and issue immigrant visas and allow entry of DV applicants before the September 30th deadline. If you are interested in participating in this action, we would like you to complete a very short form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqSqAm0WPcXuymWneotun1dEDACSEmLKXvgf-lR9YNNBZUFA/viewform. This will help us greatly as we prepare to file the case.

We will be selecting a representative group of individuals to contact about being named plaintiffs in the case and will contact you after we review the forms if it looks like you would be a good candidate for that role.

Siskind Susser

This is regarding an additional lawsuit I believe, just got it in my inbox. Again people in Curtiss lawsuit and Aila, I don’t think should sign up for it.

Dear DV Visa Applicant:

Thank you for recently completing the form I created collecting information from people interested in challenging the April 2020 immigrant visa ban. I'm working with a group of law firms planning to challenge the ban as it pertains to DV winners. The suit is a pro bono one - we are not planning on billing victims of the ban for our work.

Our goal is to get the State Department to reverse course and issue immigrant visas and allow entry of DV applicants before the September 30th deadline. If you are interested in participating in this action, we would like you to complete a very short form at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScqSqAm0WPcXuymWneotun1dEDACSEmLKXvgf-lR9YNNBZUFA/viewform. This will help us greatly as we prepare to file the case.

We will be selecting a representative group of individuals to contact about being named plaintiffs in the case and will contact you after we review the forms if it looks like you would be a good candidate for that role.

Siskind Susser

Just from the questions on the form it is clear that this lawyer is not very aware of the DV lottery process.

I wrote to US Embasy in Moscow. Told them about exceptions. Proclamation shall not apply to me because of sec2, B, (ii) of 10014. Also I've asked if it possible to make an appointment in such kind of conditions. They answered that they work only with C1/D category of visas and don't work with any other types of visas. I don't know how to explain them, that if my case is not denied because of exception, that Trump told, that we need you :) , and my deadline is 30.09! By the way, there were not any word about proclamation in their answer. Any suggestions?