• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

I wrote to US Embasy in Moscow. Told them about exceptions. Proclamation shall not apply to me because of sec2, B, (ii) of 10014. Also I've asked if it possible to make an appointment in such kind of conditions. They answered that they work only with C1/D category of visas and don't work with any other types of visas. I don't know how to explain them, that if my case is not denied because of exception, that Trump told, that we need you :) , and my deadline is 30.09! By the way, there were not any word about proclamation in their answer. Any suggestions?

This is what I think is happening: You may fall under an exception clause, but that only makes a difference if Moscow is now routinely issuing visas, which it doesn’t sound like it is (hence the information that they are only dealing with crew visas). In the absence of being able to present your exception to get a routinely issued visa, you would need to convince them not only that you qualify for an exception to the DV ban but also that you qualify for an emergency visa appointment.

This is what I think is happening: You may fall under an exception clause, but that only makes a difference if Moscow is now routinely issuing visas, which it doesn’t sound like it is (hence the information that they are only dealing with crew visas). In the absence of being able to present your exception to get a routinely issued visa, you would need to convince them not only that you qualify for an exception to the DV ban but also that you qualify for an emergency visa appointment.
I've asked about emergency appointment too, but they ignored this question. Need to think, how to explain them, that my case should be appointed as emergency.

I've asked about emergency appointment too, but they ignored this question. Need to think, how to explain them, that my case should be appointed as emergency.
I’ve seen emergency H1B appointments for medical personnel reported, but those are people with specific jobs to go to where their employers can explain the urgency. Do you have something lined up already that you can use as an expedite reason?

Examples of an urgent matter include air and sea crew, and medical personnel, particularly those working to treat or mitigate the effects of COVID-19.
Main applicant has high medical education, physician diploma. That means, you should make evaluation of diploma and study additional 2 years in US, or - just to pass an exam, to take nurse license. We wrote in dc260, that main applicant will work in medical professions. So, US has a big problem with covid, nurses were needed before covid, now they are needed like never before and state.gov says, it could be a reason of an urgent appointment. So, Trump said we need doctors and nurses in proclamation 10014, but if I'll wait till embassy will reopen, I can miss deadline and US could miss one more nurse...

If you have not already done so you could try e-mailing consulmo@state.gov and provide information about your situation and detailed argumentation for why you believe you would qualify for the exception. If you know anyone in the U.S. who can contact their local congressperson on your behalf regarding your case that might move things along.

So it seems Sydney is standing by their decision to re-issue expired DV visas. Although they still refuse to actually say it in so many words.

The 'per the below' email they are referring to was our previous email, where they instructed us to send back our passports and forms with a new medical and visa fees in order to re-issue the visas. We simply replied to that email as it was sent to us before the ban was extended.

I understand they don't want to flat out say yes you can get a new visa, but we were trying to get them to say yes you are still eligible for a new visa.

Still I assume this is government speak for 'yes we can'?

Good Afternoon,

Could we please have confirmation that we are still able to reissue our immigrant visa as per the email below. We are looking to book in our medicals but understand there is a current ban on immigration to the US, that our previous visas were exempt from.

We would like confirmation that the process of reissuing the visas is still available to us before we book, undertake or pay for any of these requirements.

Our case ID is 2020OC***, and our A-Numbers are A***, A*** and A***

Thank you again,

Thank you for your email.

Per the below, please send your documents for visa reissuance. Keep in mind, payments made or received in Australian dollars are subject to the current official exchange rate which is subject to change without notice. To find out the Australian amount equivalent, please refer to USTravelDocs. Do not calculate your own USD to AUD conversion.

Thank you,

Immigrant Visa Unit (cc)
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

Just received a further email from my visa renewal inquiry on July 2. Looks like embassies/consulates may finally be getting some instructions from DoS?
Although 10 minutes after they sent the email they tried to recall it twice, and then resent the exact same email again for some reason...

Your case has been reviewed by the Consular Officer. We are currently able to reissue your visa since your visa was still valid when the Presidential Proclamation came into effect.

All DV programs end/close on the last work day of September or earlier if the quota of visa numbers is used up earlier than September. Under no circumstances can a DV visa be issued after
September 30, 2020.

Just received a further email from my visa renewal inquiry on July 2. Looks like embassies/consulates may finally be getting some instructions from DoS?
Although 10 minutes after they sent the email they tried to recall it twice, and then resent the exact same email again for some reason...

Your case has been reviewed by the Consular Officer. We are currently able to reissue your visa since your visa was still valid when the Presidential Proclamation came into effect.

All DV programs end/close on the last work day of September or earlier if the quota of visa numbers is used up earlier than September. Under no circumstances can a DV visa be issued after September 30, 2020.
I was wondering if you’d heard back..sounds positive for sure!

We needed some positive news, let’s hope a lot of embassies are ready for this stage. With lawsuits coming there seem the be a little light at the end of this tunnel for some.
8C4824E0-3213-4E71-84AC-D5DFE6DF1959.png