• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump’s New Executive Proclamation - Travel Suspension 2.0

@Britsimon : Hi Simon thanks for your continuous help and support for DV winners, please can you answer the below questions :

- There is any difference betwen AILA plaintiff and Curtis’ mandamus case in term of outcome and preference?
- Does both cases could affect each other by means positively or negatively?
- let say if the Curtis case get success in any of the 4 outcome he mentioned in his last video : i will be applicable for the ones participated in his case only or it apply for all DV2020 cases ready for inteeview?
Considering that some of us are interested to sign for curtis case but because the charges still they are unable to goahead with.

Thanks

1. Yes, there is a difference. The AILA case is to challenge the ban itself, and is a class action, meaning the people named as plaintiffs are each "representative" of a class - and if the case is won, it benefits all people in the class. Curtis' case is trying to force faster processing for the named people on his case (although he now sees those possibilities as less likely to work), or get some sort of order to get visas issued after the deadline for the named people. As pointed out above, that likelihood has always seemed like a big stretch to me, but that is one goal he is shooting for.

2. Curtis pretty much needs AILA to win. Without that, I think his case is weakened. AILA do not need anything the other way around. There is no negative impact of one on the other.

3.. Only people signed up to his case.

If a executive order can be amended or extended( immigrant ban ) why can’t a DV2020 lottery be extended or amended due to coronavirus pandemic. Let’s keep some hope.An old saying......It ain't over till (or until) the fat lady sings....

If a executive order can be amended or extended( immigrant ban ) why can’t a DV2020 lottery be extended or amended due to coronavirus pandemic. Let’s keep some hope.An old saying......It ain't over till (or until) the fat lady sings....
The only problem is who is going to give the decision to extend it? Trump or the republican senate? I wish we could all have a green card but Trump ruined the DV for us, no matter what happens now

Unfortunately the executive order only needs one person to make the decision to extend it: the president. The lottery deadline is a completely different kind of law - it's an act of Congress, and it would take an act of Congress to change it. As things stand right now, there isn't much prospect of getting an immigration bill through both chambers. It's too much of a polarizing issue. Neither side will give an inch. And frankly, if the question of the lottery was revisited, I'm not sure it would go in our favour at all. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I think a judicial restraining order is the only shot that 2020 winners have, and even that can probably not help everyone because there isn't time.

Yes I think you are right!! I’m a second time lottery winner, first time I couldn’t make it coz case number was higher, second time I’m called for interview , everything done and then this happened. What a waste of time and money !! My documents have been sitting in embassy since March .

Maybe we have to continue the wait and see until the end ...
We have covid this year , the first time , olympiques games was postponed, school exams are postponed, Cannes festivals was postponed even some wars are postponed but nobody can’t do nothing for dv end of date ... this thing make me crazy

Yes I think you are right!! I’m a second time lottery winner, first time I couldn’t make it coz case number was higher, second time I’m called for interview , everything done and then this happened. What a waste of time and money !! My documents have been sitting in embassy since March .
When was the first time you won ,It must have been hard winning twice and not going through

Man I you deserve to get gc imo.

OMG that must be so painful. Are you on the AP? You can still hope for the best, it's not completely lost yet for you.

Let's hope embassies will open soon. Even if the ban was cancelled today, it would not help, as embassies are still closed.

Hmm. The paragraph about contacting your embassy if you had a valid visa on 23 April but it’s expired, is interesting. It seems to imply that they are willing to reissue those..but the embassies (other than sydney) are saying they won’t. So, interesting but confusing.

(The “exceptions” language was always there - i think that applies to the sposue of USC (yes some DV are!), medical professionals etc.)

Hmm. The paragraph about contacting your embassy if you had a valid visa on 23 April but it’s expired, is interesting. It seems to imply that they are willing to reissue those..but the embassies (other than sydney) are saying they won’t. So, interesting but confusing.

(The “exceptions” language was always there - i think that applies to the sposue of USC (yes some DV are!), medical professionals etc.)

In the end it's written nowhere that they will give new visas to those who got it expired and held a visa before April 23th... This is ridicolous.

Yes agreed - I keep seeing this "contact your embassy" answer, even though they are clear about NON immigrant visas being subject to the proclamation. It is unclear - and the sort of thing that could obviously be confused at embassy level unless very clearly stated.

Yes agreed - I keep seeing this "contact your embassy" answer, even though they are clear about NON immigrant visas being subject to the proclamation. It is unclear - and the sort of thing that could obviously be confused at embassy level unless very clearly stated.
That paragraph is specifically aimed at DV visa holders though.