Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

So I guess they are going by transfer date and not receipt date. What a pain. I guess I will be wating till 2004 at their snail pace.

va_transfer, GeeCee Saga,

It is confusing. IIO said different story to different peoples. What is really going on up there? Last time they said it is taking 20 months from I-485 RD. A friend of mine whose transfer date is April 2002 still waiting for the interview schedule. It's really frustrating.

Yesterday, I contacted Senator John Warner office for help. I sent them I-485 receipt notice and transfer notice. Let's see what they will say.

Originally posted by fikabir
Yesterday, I contacted Senator John Warner office for help. I sent them I-485 receipt notice and transfer notice. Let's see what they will say.

Good for you. However, a piece of advice: this will only be the start of your journey. What may happen is that Sen. Warner's office will merely forward you what Arlington BCIS tells them, which will probably be "wait a while longer".

At which point you will need to get back to them and say, "Doesn't this time interval seem a little odd?" and ask them to see what they can do about speeding things up.

Girish Rajput,

Thanks for your support. What we can do other than contacting Senators! I don't have any other idea. My job is very much temporary and I will be in trouble if I don't have a job during interview, although mine is a self petitioned NIW caes. But it seems to me that it will take atleast a year to get a interview schedule from Arlington.

TheRealCanadian,

Tthanks for your advice. I have also requested to find a way to speed up the case. But I don't think they will do that. As you said, they will inquire Arlington office and will forward the message.

Girish Rajput,

May be we can write to the Washington District Director/Head to speed up our cases, since we already waited one year in VSC. Writing VA Senators at a time might be helpful too, just my idea.

Ok guyz sorry I wasn't around for a while. Well atleast I was but the thread kept missing me.
The questions is do we need to do something yes. Protest right now during the time of war nobody will listen to .
Another thing is that we guyz have to give push to shove but not make it so irritating for them that out of sheer frustration they deny our case.
So the pressure has to come from higher up rather than just media publicity.
1. The best case is write to the director/head or
2. Another thing we can do is get together sign a petition (it will be with our EAC numbers mind you) and then take it to the local senator here. Then ask the Senator's office to put some pressure. If we can get a good 30-40 names it will help. But do we know that many people waiting?? And we should get people who are close to the 20 month deadline of theirs.
3. Does anybody know a media personality or a reporter??? Perhaps that preson can do a feature on us, in the paper not on T.V. If we find someone like that it would be best. It would bring our plight into public light and then people will have to listen to us.

I am with you

I am ready to sign a pettition. But nothing can be done right now b'coz of the war. But this is a good time to start so we are ready as soon as the war gets over. Lets try to push for Arlington VA district office. Bcoz service centers are anyway back logged and they have thier answers. But majority of the country's District offices are in a better shape than Arlington. So lets start.

i am ready to sign a petition. the thing is that
we need more people in the same boat.
can we get more than 20 signatures? i don't
know anyone else around me in the same
situation.

I was waiting for JarJar to post this information. I was in touch with him offline.
Guyz he got an interview letter this last weekend for June ending 2003.
So there is some movement here.

GeeCee Saga,

What is his TD and RD? Is his case transferred to Arlington? Please post the details.

I believe his transfer is 14 august 2001 and his RD is 1st aug 2001.

Yes he is from this thread only, lookup his details you'll find him. He is an Arlington, VA case.

How did they schedule interview? Arlington office said earlier that it is based on the VSC RD date. But I'm not sure about that, and I believe it is based on the TD. What is your opinion?

The jury is hung. I think the trend shows that it is by transfer date. But I don't think that makes any sense. Logically speaking they would be scheduling first for people who have been waiting the longest.
His TD is 14 Aug 2002 sorry not 2001.
Va-Transfer said they are scheduling for July 2002 transfers he would fit the bill as he is august 2002 transfer. SO they've moved ahead one month.
But on the other hand they also say that technically they will schedule your interview within 20 months of RD. That means they are paying attention to RD. That means they would be going by that. Following that scheduling scenario also he falls in the category. As he is Aug 2001 RD. Assuming the guy misspoke and stated July 2002 transfer instead of July 2001 RD.
It's all up in the air really. I just told my husband yesterday that we should probably see something scheduled for August/September if we are optimistic and if it is by td then early next year is the earliest for us.