Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Va transfer Any Suggestions

My case was transferred TO Arlington on December 9th. Niether the Online nor phone says about transfer. But when Spoke to IIO she said about the transfer.

Can anyone say when can be interview be scheduled RD Sept 6, 2001. May be I have to get the 3rd EAD.

rajivghatak,

Did you receive transfer notice? You can ask your lawyer for transfer notice. Your lawyer might received the transfer notice. Many guys are waiting from August'02 and still no sign of interview schedule. Mine was transferred on Oct 7'02 and didn't receive anything for interview schedule.

only my lawyer received transfer notice. arlington
office checked my transfer notice before they
let me in the building.

fikabir and jarjar:

Do you know how long it takes for arlington
office to cash the check for EAD renewal?
mine has been 4 weeks and the check still
has not been cashed yet. i start to feel uneasy.

va_transfer,

My wife's and daughter's check cashed in less than 20 days, Nov 7-Nov 22. But I got problem with my daughter's application. I didn't hear anything from them in more than two months and I showed them cashed check copy and then they issued her EAD.

fikabir:

thanks. it seems like that i need to pay them
another visit. maybe i should go in a snowing
morning so that there will be fewer people in
line. :)

va_transfer,

They wont do anything unless you are able to show them some sort of proof, like copy of the cashed check, copy of the money order receipt, etc. I waisted one day for this.

Guyz I wrote to the head of BCIS and also to senator glen allen along with Tom Ridge.
I know my letter will go in the trash. But if a lot of us write to them perhaps they will do something about it.
I wrote about how we are waiting for 18 months just for interview scheduling and people have been waiting for so long. Why don't all of you do that.
Va_transfer
fikabir
jarjar
mmangu
myself.

Are there any others waiting here???

GeeCee Saga,

Did you contact any VA Senator/Congressman? It looks like we have to wait 18 months to get interview schedule, while other BCIS office taking 6 months or less. Please send us a copy of your letter, and also Senator/BCIS Head addresses.

fikabir : last time i was told 20 months from VSC receipt
date. are you sure we need to wait 18 months
after transfer?

GeeCee Saga: do you have the sample letter?
and the addresses of whom you sent the letter to?

va_transfer,

I know one guy whose VSC RD is July, 2001 and still waiting for the interview schedule. I was also told the same thing but no sign of interview schedule. I'm losing hope day by day. Do you have any other updated information?

Some guys said it is taking 18 months now a days.

Eduardo Aguirre
Acting Director
BCIS
425 I Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20536.

cc.. Senator George Allen
204 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510

cc. Senator Tom Ridge
Department of Homeland Security
The White House
Washington D.C.

I got Tom Ridge's address from one of the official mail documents on the web for DHS.

I wrote a letter to Eduardo and then sent copies to the rest.
Here is a jist of the letter.... it's not very well written as I was upset and angry when I typed it out and mailed it. You guyz could make changes to it and personalize it a bit.

Mr. Aguirre,
First of all I would like to congratulate you on your selection as the Acting Director of BCIS. With that I would like to bring to your attention the frustration that we legal immigrants have been going through due to delays in the current green card process.

I had applied for my adjudication of status (I-485) in September 2001. I was told that I would hear a decision within a 540 day timeframe. Myself and my fellow immigrants waited patiently for our turn. The 540 days have come and gone, and to my dismay I found out that after that excruciating wait my case was transferred to the local INS. In my case Arlington, VA. Today it is taking about 18 months to schedule an interview at Arlington, VA. I have waited patiently for 18 months after filing for Adjudication (30 months if you include the labor and I-140 process) to find out that I am going to be waiting for another 18 months!!! I was encouraged to hear about the fact that my case was transferred as atleast some decision had been taken. I am impatient to go for the interview for I have nothing to hide. But another 18 months! I know of individuals who were transferred to that particular field office in July of 2002 and yet haven’t received an acknowledgment from Arlington.

This is not the plight of me alone but that of various immigrants. We are legal individuals and tax payers who have followed the letter of the law to the T, and yet are subjected to this inhumane process of indecision and waiting, whilst refugees get priority over us. We understand that this process is not very high on the list of priorities of the newly formed BCIS, security of the nation comes first as it should. However, with this letter I would like to bring to your attention our plight especially Virginia transfer cases, and perhaps hope that we are not sidelined any further than it is absolutely necessary.

I was extremely encouraged to hear about your selection as the Director, perhaps you will be successful in bringing some reform to this mammoth of an organization and relieve us of this grueling wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
This letter was written prior to March 6th. On March 6th Interim regional director who will oversee the Washington D.C. office was appointed. Her name is Phyllis Howard.
Perhaps you guyz should send a letter to her also.

FYI: I was in Arlington office this morning. The officer
said they are scheduling interview for June 2002
transfering case now.