Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

EAD Renewal

Hi MMANGU,

One of your post says that you renewed your EAD in 2 Weeks. Did you apply your EAD in Arlington, or VSC.

Last year, I applied my EAD in arlington, VA and received letter in a month. Three months ago, I applied for EAD again to arlington. But I havn't received anything. My Lawyer(Lier) says that I have to apply for EAD to VSC, not in arlington. Is it true?

For my interview, still waiting...

Thanks

dhanush

EAD renewal

I-485 tranferred to local INS (Arlington). Applied EAD renewal on 08/16/02. RFE for EAD renwal for pictures on 09/20/02. RFE received on 10/5/02. I-485 transferred on 10/7/02.

My question is:

Will VSC transfer EAD renwal to Arlington or they will process it?

Any idea?

Hi mmangu, dhanush

Do you have any idea how long will it take to get interview schedule? Mine was transferred on 10/7/02 to Arlington. Also, if I move to other state, will they transfer it again to local INS?

Dhanush: I applied in VSC. And I got it in two weeks. But the at the time I applied my case was not transferred to Arlington.

fikabir: As you know my case was transferred on 8/14 and sofar nothing. My lawyer said it will take anytime between 90-140 days to get interview scheduled.

Hope this helps

my case also been transfered.

RD 10/1/2001
TD 10/10/2002

I wonder how long it is gonna to take for schedule the
interview? and is there any particular reason for
interview usually?

mine too

va_transfer,

Please give your details, job/address change, etc. Mine is also transferred on 10/7/02. I could not find any reason for transfer.

i don't have job/address change. :(

how can i know the reason of transfering?
will INS state it in the interview letter so that
i can prepare for it?

Probably, interview letter will tell you what documents thay want to see. They will give you the list of documents. Interview is just a formality. You don't need to worry about it, ony delay green card by 6-8 months.

is it useful for my lawyer or me to contact arlington INS
office? anyone has tried it before, could you please give
me some idea?

my case is transfered to arlington. shall i apply
renewal of my EAD card to VSC or arlington office?

thanks much.

mmangu, dhanush

Guys, did you receive any letter from Arlington office?

I talked to IIO in Arlington, they said I can expect interview schedule early in the next year.

Did you talk to IIO recently?

Nothing yet!

Havent received anything yet about the interview.
Hoping to get something before this monthend.

RD - 8/1/2001
TD - 8/14/2002
VA Arlington.

my lawyer told me arlington is putting all
employment based 485 transfered from
VSC in a seperate queue according to
VSC receive date.

va-transfer,

What's that mean? Are they going to schedule interview faster? If they treat VSC transfer case separately, i think that would be faster.

not necessarily faster. but it is seperated from family-based
queue. my lawyer said they don't give any guidance about time
frame on employment based 485.

Went to INS office in Arlington

Guys,

I went to Arlington office to enquire, but they did not even let me talk to IIO.. Saying that 3 months wait is not a big wait. They gave me enquiry form to fillup and post it.

That visit was very frustrating.

mmangu:

sorry to hear that. :( why didn't they allow
you talk with IIO? is that because the daily inquiry
tickets are running out or simply "3-month
is not a big wait"?