Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

I went there at 6:15AM and stood in the line, so tickets for that day were there. The guys who give tickets ask what you are there for and give tickets, when he saw my transfer notice , he said it is taking anywhere between 3-5 months for the interview, so no one will be answering any questions till then.

BTW , all the guys there were kallu's and treat people like shit..

mmangu,

Is it really 3-5 months? A friend of mine waiting for 7 months and no interview schedule (EB-3) yet. Does it matter what catagory is it? I asked last time they said early in the next year, which will be 5-6 months.

Anyone Transferred to NORFORLK

Anyone here transferred to NORFOLK, VA
The IIO I spoke to mentioned that my file has been transferred to Norfolk for interview. Any suggestions welcomed

fikabir: have you got your regular EAD card?

my lawyer said according to Arlington office,
i need to wait until next summer for the interview.

any of you guys had the experience of mailing to
Arlington for EAD renewal? -- I can't mail it to
VSC since my file has already been transfered.

Why don't you go in person?

Why don't you go in person and apply? This Arlington office is pretty bad.. in handling stuff.. don't know how they will treat mail... Hope you have sufficient time for renewing the EAD.

thanks. i was reading that even if you go there
in person, they gave you a form and ask you to
mail it to them. but i think i will try my luck and
go there this time.

va_transfer,

Still i didn't receive my regular EAD. My EAD has been transferred from VSC to Arlington on Dec 10 and no news yet from Arlington.

Arlington also screwed up my wife's EAD renewal application. I sent them right amount of fees ($120), but old form. They sent back the application after one month to me and marked that fee and form were not correct I sent them back with latest form and $120 fee. The check has been cashed today.

My daughter's EAD application is pending from 11/07/02, didn't receive anything, not even receipt notice.

Dhanush's case approved

Guys, Dhanush's case is approved after a long haul!

Any of us got any interview notices?

i was in arlington office to apply EAD
renewal this morning. they would not
accept the application, instead, they
ask me to mail it in. As for interview
schedule, i was told the standard 20
months answer. (from VSC received date)
so, even if i was there since 6am, this
trip is not very helpful.

Same here for the EAD

I stood in line for 3 hours and then they asked to mail in the application. Would not even let me stand in line for any further inquries. Lets hope we get a call this month or early next month. Sometimes I wish I lived in MD. A friend of mine get his transferred interviewed and approved all in a couple of months time and we are still waiting for the notice :(

MD is faster

Jarjar , I feel the same. MD cases are getting interviews much faster than Arlington.

mmangu and jarjar:

i think you guys are approaching 20 months.
the officer in arlington did tell me that if my case is
beyond 20 month, i can come back to the office
and they will check it for me. and i asked
if it is from VSC received date and he confirmed
it is. -- don't know if the answer is different
from different persons or not.

20 months is 3 months away!

va_tansfer.. Thanks! Yes even I was told when I went there to Arlington that if it is past 20 months they will check it out for us. 3 more months to go for me. I am thinking of going to the congressman for help to get the status.

Now it is going to be in Summer

I went to Congressman's office for help. They enquired my case. Arlington office people say that they are going to arrange interviews only this Summer (Darn!!!) They did not even specify any month.

Please post any other information of you have.

mmangu,

What is your transfer date? Last week I asked lady officer in Arlington and she said my case is not yet to the clerk who make the interview schedule. Last month one officer told me that I'll get interview schedule early of the 2003. I went Arlington office several times for EAD in the last few weeks but i didn't get any concrete time frame.

guys, this is so disappointing. i got the "summer"
answer a couple of months ago. my feeling is that
they are not even looking into our case, or any
transfered case for now.

-- except dhuash's case, i havn't noticed any other
transfered interview in arlington since last October.

Renewal for Finger Printing & Medical ??

Hi Guys,

While we are waiting, I am sure our Fingreprints and Medicals have expired. Do we need to renew those. If yes should we initiate the process and how? I have left a message for my Lawyer and am waiting for a response but just wanted to check in the mean time if anyone else has renewed theirs.

Jarjar:

I think we have to wait for notice to redo
fingerprint. (And it will be the sign that they are
processing our cases and the interview
will be held soon.)

As for medical, officially it shouldn't
expire, but it depends.

my check for EAD renewal has not been
cashed yet.