Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Sorry Guys for the delay!

Hi Guys!

I received interview letter last week for interview to be help 6/25/03.

TD - 8/14/2002
RD - 8/1/2001
AD - Hopefully 6/25/03

Also contains FP notice and request Medical to be done again.

Along with the rest of the general info requested - W2, pay stubs, emp letter,

Hope this help! Hang in there guys and lets hope we all get thru this quickly.

Jarjar,

Thanks for the posting. Good news, atleast Arlington is moving now. What is your last finger printing date? Is it more than 15 months.

Good luck to your interview and approval.

Welcome me

to the #*&^% club !

Transferred to local office 3/27
Given the fact that I live in NoVA, what else, but Arlington ?
:(

The only ~good~ thing is that now I'm ina company of Virgina Tech people again - I got my MS from Tech 6 years ago.

Anyway....hello all - now you have one more comrade to share the pain.

Alex

GOOD NEWS GUYS!

I got interview letterfrom INS today for August 19th (Yes I have to wait 5 months). As posted by jarjar, they asked me to go for finger prints again and also medical reports.

Good Luck to all!

Congratulations !

Does this mean that interview date is approx. 1 year from the transfer date.....or does it differ and has something to do with mysterious 20 months ?

Cnogratulations mmangu! It is definitely a good news and atleast it's moving.

But one thing is disappointing me! Your TD is just one day later than Jarjar and your interview date is almost two months behind Jarajar. My transfer is Oct 7 and if it follows the same trend, i'll get my interview in 2004, not in 2003. What do you think?

fikbir:

if the math goes as 1 day difference in transfer
date = 2 months later in interview date,
we need to wait another 10 years. :(

have your friend heard anything, i remember
you have a friend waiting very long.

va_transfer,

Still no news for him. Now he lives in NOVA and I told him to contact Senator. His TD is around April 24, 2002

Thank you all! for your wishes!

Yes it is very disappointing that they are taking so long to arrange interviews. I feel one year time frame is the one should expect to be interviewed, unless 20 months have passed by.

Guyz do you think after the interview (which seems decades away) we'll have to wait 4-5 months for fbi checks???? Or is it only for people whose fbi checks weren't done earlier? Any input??

Now a days most of them are not approved in the same day of interview. Why don't they start FBI check 3/4 months before the interview! Since they are sending interview letter 4/5 months before, they can do it easily.

Does not finger print redo get the FBI check? I really don't understand this part. Waiting another 3/4 months after the interview is really frustrating.

20 months

Could someone please explain to me where the "20 months" came from?
Is it an internal and unpublished BCIS regulation?
And what do I do when 20 months are up?
Thank you

GeeCee Saga,

No news yet from Senator office.

Flanker,

20 months from VSC RD date. This information is provided by the IIO from the Arlington BCIS office to many of our forum members.

re:20 months

fikabir,

What is supposed to happen at the 20 month mark? Do you have a feeling they are required to move the file out of their (BCIS)system after 20 months?

I'm sorry for asking all these questions - it's still "initial shock"