Prediction on weekly receipt update times

Did you get Receipt notice for both 485 and 765 ? I am hearing that folks who filed in mid & late July have started receiving EADs already.

The receipt is for I-458. According to the processing times table at TSC, the EAD should be released in the next 2 weeks but I'm not sure. I'm still waiting for the other receipts as well. BTW, I wonder why are they not sending all receipts at once. I submitted my application with all forms at once.

Oh - I'm glad for you Tennis court - good news at last!:)

Yes, I suspect you are correct and the next two weeks will bring some news for most of us - but then it will be into the back-log lines for a long, long wait.

By the way, if anyone is watching HBO tonight "Real Time" with Bill Maher, 10pm Central time, at the end of the show they go on line for an hour and take e-mail questions for the interview guests. One of them tonight is Sheila Jackson Lee, as I mentioned above. I intend to send an e-mail question about our situation - It's a long shot because they'll get thousands of mails probably, but it's worth a try. E-mail facility won't be open until the end of the show though, 11pm Central.

I agree with you. The long lines of the backlog will probably be inevitable unless there is a miracle and the congress does something about the visa numbers (EB AOS). I think that the problem here is that both EB and N are processed by the same centers while it should be separate queues with separate resources working on them.

I actually watched that show last night and it was very interesting, especially, when Bill kicked that guy out the door when he was a nuisance. I did not see Bill that angry before. I think he's a very angry dude. I also liked how Garry Kasparov spoke. He's a very "matter of fact" guy and I think we could use one like that here.

I thought they would present some emails at the end of the show but that didn't happen. Do you know if they will be presented some other time?

Tennis Court

They discussed some of the questions in what they call "Overtime" which goes on-line at the end of the show - you can watch it on-line today at the Real Time website. It's not very long

I put my question in the list on-line, but it wasn't asked, there wasn't much time, and they dealt with more general stuff - it's still an interesting little video to watch though.

At least (I'm thinking) maybe someone from the production team saw my question - it spreads the news to people who may have no idea about it. Perhaps the guests are given the list of questions after the show. I addressed mine to Ms Jackson-Lee specifically.

Every little might help.

Tennis Court

They discussed some of the questions in what they call "Overtime" which goes on-line at the end of the show - you can watch it on-line today at the Real Time website. It's not very long

I put my question in the list on-line, but it wasn't asked, there wasn't much time, and they dealt with more general stuff - it's still an interesting little video to watch though.

At least (I'm thinking) maybe someone from the production team saw my question - it spreads the news to people who may have no idea about it. Perhaps the guests are given the list of questions after the show. I addressed mine to Ms Jackson-Lee specifically.

Every little might help.

Great! I'll watch when is up online. At the moment, Bill's website is full of non working links. Pretty bad for a celebrity like him if you ask me.

The receipt is for I-458. According to the processing times table at TSC, the EAD should be released in the next 2 weeks but I'm not sure. I'm still waiting for the other receipts as well. BTW, I wonder why are they not sending all receipts at once. I submitted my application with all forms at once.

I'd like to make a correction. There are actually 3 receipts, one for I485, one for I131 and one for I765.

I am confident that the receipting for the I-485s will be completed this week, if it hasn't been completed already. Anyone else think that we may actually begin to see some significant movement with N-400s?

I am confident that the receipting for the I-485s will be completed this week, if it hasn't been completed already. Anyone else think that we may actually begin to see some significant movement with N-400s?

Not knowing how USCIS utilizes their resources (ie. receipt vs actual processing), it's hard to say if there will be any movement until I-485 derivative benefits (EADs, I-130 are processed). In theory, N400 receipting should advance once all frontlog I-485 receipting is completed by month's end. However, USCIS is so unpredictable that even their estimates are guesstimates at best.

Not knowing how USCIS utilizes their resources (ie. receipt vs actual processing), it's hard to say if there will be any movement until I-485 derivative benefits (EADs, I-130 are processed). In theory, N400 receipting should advance once all frontlog I-485 receipting is completed by month's end. However, USCIS is so unpredictable that even their estimates are guesstimates at best.

This is true. As of last week's update, every service center indicated 8/16/07 as the receipting cutoff date for I-485s and all related forms. Being that they were moving at the rate of about 2-3 days per week, it's fairly safe to say that they have probably already completed receipting for I-485s and its derivatives. Then again, perhaps I'm just sick of being a pessimist! I can't wait to see what Friday brings.

I am thinking that this week they will be done with the 485 applications. Starting from next week or Nov first week they will start working on N-400 applications. By End of Nov they will be done with all the receipting of N-400 that is End of July 07

I think Bobsmith is right in that it's very unpredictable right now. Furthermore, the CRIS database is not being updated that frequently so we don't know how things are moving. I've read about many people questioning the updates on the website. I am still waiting to see my I-485 and I-131 online although I have the receipts with me.

I think Bobsmith is right in that it's very unpredictable right now. Furthermore, the CRIS database is not being updated that frequently so we don't know how things are moving. I've read about many people questioning the updates on the website. I am still waiting to see my I-485 and I-131 online although I have the receipts with me.

I am not too sure about the accuracy of the updates either. I just can't wait until my check clears and I get a receipt. I'm trying to maintain an optimistic view, but I'd at least like some peace of mind to go with it!

I find it strange that the receipt times for "all other forms" at the USCIS website are further ahead than both I-485 and N-400 since USCIS previously indicated that the priority goes to I-485 applications first, then N-400, followed by any other applications.

I find it strange that the receipt times for "all other forms" at the USCIS website are further ahead than both I-485 and N-400 since USCIS previously indicated that the priority goes to I-485 applications first, then N-400, followed by any other applications.

I've thought about that too. The only way I can explain this is that the amount of "all other forms" received by the USCIS is far less than the amount of I-485s and N-400s, which probably indeed is the case. I am very curious to see tomorrow's update.

I've thought about that too. The only way I can explain this is that the amount of "all other forms" received by the USCIS is far less than the amount of I-485s and N-400s, which probably indeed is the case. I am very curious to see tomorrow's update.

I actually have a different interpretation of why this situation exists but your point is still valid (I'd say complementary maybe). My thinking is that USCIS is processing the "all other forms" because of legal binding. By law, the EAD needs to be sent out 90 from receipt date. Many I485 have EAD applications as well and I think they are processing those first. Then, the AP comes second because many people cannot travel without it. Then maybe the I485 and N400. I believe N400 is processed with this priority because maybe for many cases there is not an urgency or critical situation that can arrise from not having this filed soon and also because the N400 have a short processing so the beneficiaries will get their GC much sooner than all AOS fillers anyway.

I actually have a different interpretation of why this situation exists but your point is still valid (I'd say complementary maybe). My thinking is that USCIS is processing the "all other forms" because of legal binding. By law, the EAD needs to be sent out 90 from receipt date. Many I485 have EAD applications as well and I think they are processing those first. Then, the AP comes second because many people cannot travel without it. Then maybe the I485 and N400. I believe N400 is processed with this priority because maybe for many cases there is not an urgency or critical situation that can arrise from not having this filed soon and also because the N400 have a short processing so the beneficiaries will get their GC much sooner than all AOS fillers anyway.

I agree. If you think about it, the N-400 is the least time-critical application, due to the fact that the applicant is already a legal permanent resident. As such, we already have all the rights and privileges that the I-485 applicants are seeking.

I understood "all other" forms to mean non I-485 derivative , but perhaps I'm wrong here.

I understood "all other" forms to mean non I-485 derivative , but perhaps I'm wrong here.

I thought so too, until I looked a bit further into it. Only TSC and NSC process I-485s and their derivatives. In the current situation (frontlog, et al), VSC and CSC assisted in the processing of I-485s received by TSC during a certain time frame (as indicated on the receipting update page). This lead me to believe that "all other forms" means forms not related to N-400 and/or I-485 (possibly green card renewal, re-entry permits, etc.).

What should we estimate?

After reading every ones opinion and how the front log is working for N-400 applications at various service centers.

what should we estimate on the time frame in complete but not in an abridge form?

Should we say it may take 6 months for data entry and 6 more months for final oath date? am I too optimistic or am I just trowing some numbers out there?
advise.
thanks.

After reading every ones opinion and how the front log is working for N-400 applications at various service centers.

what should we estimate on the time frame in complete but not in an abridge form?

Should we say it may take 6 months for data entry and 6 more months for final oath date? am I too optimistic or am I just trowing some numbers out there?
advise.
thanks.

I'd say that 6 months for data entry is a bit much. Currently, the USCIS states that it may take up to 15 weeks to get a receipt. This doesn't necessarily mean that it'll take the entire 15 weeks, but I'd allow 10-12 weeks at the very least. Today is actually the 8th week mark for me, so I'm guessing that I should be seeing a receipt within the month. As far as the time span from the receipt to the final oath date, 6 months is a bit generous. It MAY take 6 months in the best case scenario, but I highly doubt it, especially with the backlogs that will inevitably result from the influx of applications.

I agree. If you think about it, the N-400 is the least time-critical application, due to the fact that the applicant is already a legal permanent resident. As such, we already have all the rights and privileges that the I-485 applicants are seeking.

In my case, my wife (F-1) is finishing her school soon and will be out of status if I do not get my citizenship and apply for her GC.
Many people are in the same boat.