Prediction on weekly receipt update times

I would lean more towards the last week of November considering it's taking USCIS about 90 days (12 weeks) just to cash the checks.

I got my EAD today and I would like to give some perspective here:

- Got receipts on week 9
- Got CRIS access on week 10 (for some receipts I still cannot get information on the website)
- Got EAD on week 11

Considering that the bulk of the receipting work is done now for the N-400 applications, for more than a week actually, it means that there are about 5 weeks dedicated to this category vs. 10 weeks dedicated to AOS so far.

However, from what I read before, the number of N-400 were greater than the number of AOS applications so the prediction that they are going to finish receipting on N-400 in another 5 weeks does not hold unless they already cleared at least half of them if not more OR that the AOS applications need to be computed together with the ancillary applications which, computed together could be more than N-400 applications.

I got my EAD today and I would like to give some perspective here:

- Got receipts on week 9
- Got CRIS access on week 10 (for some receipts I still cannot get information on the website)
- Got EAD on week 11

Considering that the bulk of the receipting work is done now for the N-400 applications, for more than a week actually, it means that there are about 5 weeks dedicated to this category vs. 10 weeks dedicated to AOS so far.

However, from what I read before, the number of N-400 were greater than the number of AOS applications so the prediction that they are going to finish receipting on N-400 in another 5 weeks does not hold unless they already cleared at least half of them if not more OR that the AOS applications need to be computed together with the ancillary applications which, computed together could be more than N-400 applications.

The good news is that people who have sent in their N-400s at the end of July have been reporting that their checks were getting cashed. Since I submitted my application on the last day of August, perhaps I will be seeing a receipt in about 5-6 weeks. As far as anyone who submitted their N-400 in the month of October, I have no idea how the USCIS plans to issue receipts for those in 5 weeks.

The good news is that people who have sent in their N-400s at the end of July have been reporting that their checks were getting cashed. Since I submitted my application on the last day of August, perhaps I will be seeing a receipt in about 5-6 weeks. As far as anyone who submitted their N-400 in the month of October, I have no idea how the USCIS plans to issue receipts for those in 5 weeks.

I'm guessing that the majority of the N400 application sent in before the fee increases were sent in during the last week of July , which means that USCIS would have received them between July 25- August 3. Perhaps that explains why some some service centers have been stuck on the same receipt date for so long. After this July N-400 frontlog is complete, receipt times should slowly return to normal by January.

I'm guessing that the majority of the N400 application sent in before the fee increases were sent in during the last week of July , which means that USCIS would have received them between July 25- August 3. Perhaps that explains why some some service centers have been stuck on the same receipt date for so long. After this July N-400 frontlog is complete, receipt times should slowly return to normal by January.

Makes perfect sense. I feel like a complete idiot not having sent in my N-400 earlier, but there's no use in crying over spilled milk, is there? At least the processing of I-485s is over. On another note, the USCIS has officially announced what we all knew would be inevitable: longer processing times for everyone who applied after June 2007. Read more here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=67257de128ce5110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Makes perfect sense. I feel like a complete idiot not having sent in my N-400 earlier, but there's no use in crying over spilled milk, is there? At least the processing of I-485s is over. On another note, the USCIS has officially announced what we all knew would be inevitable: longer processing times for everyone who applied after June 2007. Read more here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=67257de128ce5110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

The majority of the district offices show a 7 month time frame for N400 processing as of October 15. That will surely jump a few months in the next update in mid November. Interestingly, several users who filed in late June have reported N400 processing at just over 4 months, so it may be that USCIS processing times are based off averages.

The majority of the district offices show a 7 month time frame for N400 processing as of October 15. That will surely jump a few months in the next update in mid November. Interestingly, several users who filed in late June have reported N400 processing at just over 4 months, so it may be that USCIS processing times are based off averages.

I've seen a few users here who have posted a processing time frame of 4 months or so. I just hope that the name check fiasco doesn't worsen. I'm sure that the name check delays don't happen to everyone (in fact, I only heard of this issue when I joined this forum), but I'm not hoping for any miracles!

I'm sure that the processing time that's listed on the USCIS website is based on an average. I doubt that there's an accurate way to predict processing time, especially given the amount of applications that are constantly received by the USCIS.

With regard to processing times, we can already add 3 or more months on to the old 5 to7 month average due to receipting delays. But then I suppose we will have to expect processing to take at least twice as long as usual, becuase I think they received a lot more more than twice as many N400s (I don't know the exact increase from average. Does anyone know?)

I have a horrible feeling that unless they get more staff on the job it'll take a minimum 18 months for our applications to reach oath ceremony stage. Maybe even more for certain districts (Texas and environs?) Which means goodbye to being able to vote in 2008. DANG!!!

Maybe that's what "they" want! :mad:

With regard to processing times, we can already add 3 or more months on to the old 5 to7 month average due to receipting delays. But then I suppose we will have to expect processing to take at least twice as long as usual, becuase I think they received a lot more more than twice as many N400s (I don't know the exact increase from average. Does anyone know?)

I have a horrible feeling that unless they get more staff on the job it'll take a minimum 18 months for our applications to reach oath ceremony stage. Maybe even more for certain districts (Texas and environs?) Which means goodbye to being able to vote in 2008. DANG!!!

Not being able to vote :rolleyes: maybe one of the lesser concerns for many folks who are stuck here. There may be other pressing needs for quick processing.

Really hope they do something about speeding up the N-400 processing.

I'm afraid you will not be able to vote in 2008 even if you get the GC today. Permanent Resident status does not give you the right to vote. For some people they will not be able to vote in 2012 either as they have to wait at least 5 years.

To the processing point though, I think they already added few more contracting companies to help with the processing of the bulk of receipting and probably EAD, AP and other quicker forms. This will help them get the application flow down to the normal levels hopefully by January. From then on processing will get through it's normal stages but the problem is that the NC queue will swell greatly which means people could get stuck in it for long years if nothing is being done fast. The other problem is that the visa numbers cap per year will also affect the time to approval for majority of EB applicants unless again, something is done, at least temporarily until the big chunk of applicant are approved.

The difference between FB and EB applicants is the visa number availability phase which might be significant.

CrossHairs - I appreciate that we all have different reasons and priorities for seeking citizenship. My main reason is to be eligible to vote - odd as that may seem to others!

I feel that in current circumstances in the USA and in the world, the way the next election goes is probably the most important issue there has been for many years. Our very future may depend upon it.

Tennis Court - yes, as CrossHairs pointed out, the N400 is application for citizenship. I have lived here for 3 years as a permanent resident, and am married to a US citizen, I applied immediately I became eligible - last week of July, which unfortunately coincided with the fee increase and the front-log.

CrossHairs - I appreciate that we all have different reasons and priorities for seeking citizenship. My main reason is to be eligible to vote - odd as that may seem to others!

I feel that in current circumstances in the USA and in the world, the way the next election goes is probably the most important issue there has been for many years. Our very future may depend upon it.

Tennis Court - yes, as CrossHairs pointed out, the N400 is application for citizenship. I have lived here for 3 years as a permanent resident, and am married to a US citizen, I applied immediately I became eligible - last week of July, which unfortunately coincided with the fee increase and the front-log.

Ok, my confusion. I am not sure how I read that it is about GC. Anyway, as soon as you, the new citizens can vote, I hope you all will know how to vote to fix this immigration once and for many years to come ;).

From the experience of other users, it appears that N400 receipt times for the frontlog applicants (July-August) is close to 90 days. This being said, I predict my check cashed by week's end.

Well week's end is here, and check still hasn't been cashed. So much for prediction. It's been over 13 weeks now and counting. I'll give USCIS another 2 weeks before I take further action.

I noticed from another post that CSC has cashed check on 10/10 for N400 application received 8/8 and even sent receipt notice 10/31. This demonstrates discrepancy in receipt processing between service centers.

Well week's end is here, and check still hasn't been cashed. So much for prediction. It's been over 13 weeks now and counting. I'll give USCIS another 2 weeks before I take further action.

I noticed from another post that CSC has cashed check on 10/10 for N400 application received 8/8 and even sent receipt notice 10/31. This demonstrates discrepancy in receipt processing between service centers.

Yes, I think VSC has a problem. My app was delivered on 7/28 and no reciept notice yet although checks were encashed 4 weeks later. We are way behind CSC.

tsc - endless wait

My n-400 was received by tsc on july 30. What is going on here? I read that some n-400 applications filers in june at tsc have already taken their oath. My check has not even beeen cashed. No receipt either.
Why are we being pushed back and why are they giving preferences to I-485 filers?
It should be on first come first serve basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys rant a lot but dont do what is needed. I suggest attend todays tele-conf with CIS ombudsman on this very topic.

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1171038701035.shtm

Lot of participants are 485 based and thats why they keep answering their questiosn and issues. Wake up fellas

Thanks newuscitizen. I wasn't aware there was another conference call. Hopefully it's not too late to join to listen. I'll certainly try to join it.

i wish ombudsman controls the timing of each question. Guys sending checks with no sufficiient balance or no proofs like certified mail for 485 and describing their situation to me is such a waste of time.

I could not ask my question which is related to N-400 delay and then sponsporing my wife on K3/I-130 which is not being currently processed. This is the story for me to listenn after already being separated from my wife for 2 years now.