Prediction on weekly receipt update times

In my case, my wife (F-1) is finishing her school soon and will be out of status if I do not get my citizenship and apply for her GC.
Many people are in the same boat.

That sucks, I didn't even think of such situations. Someone mentioned in another thread that their check (sent at the end of July to TSC) was cashed this past Monday. I think we may actually begin to see some movement.

A spot of light at the end of the tunnel ? The application of the person on the other thread whose cheque was cashed this week was received at TSC just 7 days before mine, so perhaps they'll get around to me next week.

I suppose from then on it will depend on which district office we are dealing with as to how fast things move forward. At the removing conditions stage I went to Oklahoma City for finger prints, but I'm not sure if it'll be the same this time.

Anxiously awaiting the next update:cool:

A spot of light at the end of the tunnel ? The application of the person on the other thread whose cheque was cashed this week was received at TSC just 7 days before mine, so perhaps they'll get around to me next week.

I suppose from then on it will depend on which district office we are dealing with as to how fast things move forward. At the removing conditions stage I went to Oklahoma City for finger prints, but I'm not sure if it'll be the same this time.

Anxiously awaiting the next update:cool:

Maybe I'm reading a bit too far into it, but consider this for a moment. As of last Friday, the TSC receipting date for N-400s was 7/19. The person in the other thread had their application received on 7/23. Their check was cashed on 10/22. This indicates that, somehow, the process moved 4 days over the weekend (from 7/19 to 7/23). I doubt that the USCIS has people working on weekends, but if the check was cleared on Monday, this means that it was most likely deposited on Friday. Could it be that we're actually going to see progress???

Well, there's always a possibility that the actual receipting occurs much after the checks are cashed. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but with the USCIS, there's no telling.

I thought about the same thing.... If they were on 7/19 last week at TSC, how could they have moved 4 days in 1 week? Its possible that the 7/19 date they publish is the date of receipting, and it happens after the check is cashed? Perhaps they want to be sure the check cleared before creating a receipt? (That would then explain the difference between receipting date and check cash date)

Just a thought. Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get a fingerprint notice once the check is cashed?

Well, there's always a possibility that the actual receipting occurs much after the checks are cashed. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but with the USCIS, there's no telling.

I thought about the same thing.... If they were on 7/19 last week at TSC, how could they have moved 4 days in 1 week? Its possible that the 7/19 date they publish is the date of receipting, and it happens after the check is cashed? Perhaps they want to be sure the check cleared before creating a receipt? (That would then explain the difference between receipting date and check cash date)

Just a thought. Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get a fingerprint notice once the check is cashed?

True. I've heard that you get the actual receipt about 2-3 weeks after the check is cashed. Then again, if the money has already been debited from your account, the receipt had to have been issued. These days, with the advent of Chex Systems, checks (personal or otherwise) no longer take a week or more to clear. They actually clear instantly, via an electronic fund transfer.

If the TSC receipting update for N400 only moves on one day again, we'll know that our cashing date and their receipting dates are likely to be a few days apart.

It could be, though, that the person on the other thread has had a lucky break. I read on another forum that when new staff are trained the experienced staff sometimes pull out random applications for training purposes. Well - I suppose not too random, but not necessarily in exact date order, depending on who has what in their in-trays. If new staff have been brought in from elsewhere to deal with the front-log, this might be happening.

TSC finally moved a few days to 7/22/07 as of 10/26/07 . Hopefully this signals they will now start moving faster.

A little better than a day at a time, I guess. I reckon I'll be waiting at least 2 more weeks for cheque cashsing.

I see that NSC is again a bit ahead of TSC but if you remember from 2-3 weeks ago, TSC was moving faster in the end and equaled NSC.

Good luck to us all.

Ronald Reagan said "trust but verify"
The numbers aren't as meaningful as a few pictures of what's processed every day.
Let's see the USCIS verify the numbers for once.

Ronald Reagan said "trust but verify"
The numbers aren't as meaningful as a few pictures of what's processed every day.
Let's see the USCIS verify the numbers for once.

Speaking of numbers...the statement that said that CSC and VSC are assisting with I485s has disappeared, and the only remaining I-485 dates are listed in NSC. And, for the first time in 6 weeks, VSC actually moved up by a day! I think that they way for N-400s has finally been cleared.

In my case, my wife (F-1) is finishing her school soon and will be out of status if I do not get my citizenship and apply for her GC.
Many people are in the same boat.

About same thing here...and it's already over 3 months ever since my BF sent in his application. We are still waiting for receipt anxiously.

From the experience of other users, it appears that N400 receipt times for the frontlog applicants (July-August) is close to 90 days. This being said, I predict my check cashed by week's end.

On another note, a friend applied for I-485 3 weeks ago and allready had their check cashed. Goes to show you how I-485 applications have priority, even if they were submitted way after frontlong.

From the experience of other users, it appears that N400 receipt times for the frontlog applicants (July-August) is close to 90 days. This being said, I predict my check cashed by week's end.

On another note, a friend applied for I-485 3 weeks ago and allready had their check cashed. Goes to show you how I-485 applications have priority, even if they were submitted way after frontlong.

Oh, I'm sure that the I-485 applicants have priority. As I've mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, USCIS's way of thinking probably goes something like this: "The N-400 applicants are already legal permanent residents, so they already have all the rights and privileges that I-485 applicants seek". I wouldn't even be surprised if N-400s were the lowest on the priority list.

On the other hand, this past Friday was officially 8 weeks since I sent in my N-400. I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so until my check is cashed?

On the other hand, this past Friday was officially 8 weeks since I sent in my N-400. I'm guessing another 2 weeks or so until my check is cashed?

I would lean more towards the last week of November considering it's taking USCIS about 90 days (12 weeks) just to cash the checks.

Based on what I have read in other threads, I would say that you are correct and that the cashing of the check occurs 1-2 weeks before the actual receipt is "officially" issued. Somebody with a receipt date of 8-13-07 at the CSC just had his check cashed on 10-25-07. We know from the official update, released on 10-26-07, that CSC has issued receipts for all applications received on or beofre 8-5-07. Based on this, as well as other information here that I have read, it seems as though this is the way it works. Not sure why it works that way since cashing the check and assigning a case number appear to be simultaneous, but perhaps it then takes them another 1-2 weeks to cut the official receipt.

I would lean more towards the last week of November considering it's taking USCIS about 90 days (12 weeks) just to cash the checks.

True. I'd like to hope that they will actually begin to clear the frontlog and reduce the receipting times, but if it'll take 90 days to cash the check, then I guess they were fairly accurate with the 15 week receipting timetable, provided that the receipt arrives 2 weeks after the check is cashed.

Not sure why it works that way since cashing the check and assigning a case number appear to be simultaneous, but perhaps it then takes them another 1-2 weeks to cut the official receipt.

Could it be that applications with cleared payment are forwarded to a different data entry clerk to issue the receipt? That would certainly explain the time passage between the cashing of the check and the issuance of the actual receipt.

I just noticed something peculiar on the latest processing updates list. The receipting date for I-130s at VSC is 7/24/07. The prior week the date was 7/29/07. I hope that it's a typo, considering the fact that CSC shows 8/30/07 as the date for the same form.

I just noticed something peculiar on the latest processing updates list. The receipting date for I-130s at VSC is 7/24/07. The prior week the date was 7/29/07. I hope that it's a typo, considering the fact that CSC shows 8/30/07 as the date for the same form.

I did not notice that. Was there another service center that was processing around that date? It could be that other services where sending even more applications to VSC with dates from previous weeks. This could be also a possible explanation but I think that the typo is as plausible too as we've seen typos before from USCIS.