Prediction on weekly receipt update times

Has the 15 week to receipt timeframe gone out of the window as well then? I wondered because January 08 is being mentioned now?

January 08 is something that came up on last week's USCIS conference call. USCIS indicated that they expect to be current in receipting on all applications by that time. Let's hope that the 15 week prediction for receipting of N400 still stands.

Tennis court - yes I understand your point of view, and sympathise.

Our situations are not the same, we both have grievances, and they are both valid.
There ought not to be a need to feel that we are being treated less fairly than others. Officials in charge of these matters should be able to organise a better way of administering these convoluted laws, rules and regulations.

It would have been easier on all concerned if they had put a complete stop on N400s for a period, rather than have us all waiting around indefinitely like this, wondering for so long what is going on( it has, in effect been a complete stop, especially for TSC).

I noticed on another forum that someone who applied to Vermont 3 days before me now has an interview date, so at least some people are getting through.

TSC has drawn the short straw, guess!

Indeed, I wish speedy processing to all. See, it's a matter of perspective, I figured that being anxious is consuming and not healthy. Instead, I look from the positive side... :) which makes me feel better. At least I passed LC (whew) and not only that but at least I got in the bus before closing the doors. I'm still looking at 2 more years ahead but at least it will be a better wait.

You will get it way before that... :D

Has the 15 week to receipt timeframe gone out of the window as well then? I wondered because January 08 is being mentioned now? Receiving a receipt isn't going to get us very far, there'll be several months' wait after that for finger prints, then who know how long until interviews, I'd guess at least a year, and perhaps more in some areas.

I realise that other applications have timeframes, whereas N400 doesn't - but that should not be detrimental to our interests. We have all been here at least 3 years, some very much longer. We have contributed, paid taxes, invested capital, etc.in the USA. We are entitled to consideration at least equal to those who have submitted other applications. The two things ought to be dealt with by different departments, surely - they are incompatible.

Whinge whinge - I know!

I do feel like complaining to someone - I'll wait for confirmation of the address Vorpal has suggested.

Agreed 100%. I'm somewhat of a procrastinator, so I waited way too long to file for naturalization. I've been a permanent resident since late 1989, when I first moved to the US with my parents. Don't ask why I waited for so long...I guess it's better late than never! I've been paying taxes since my very first job, and I am one of the people who ended up paying $675 to file my N-400. Then again, when dealing with a bureaucracy as big as the USCIS/DHS, what can we really expect???

Tennis court - yes I understand your point of view, and sympathise.

Our situations are not the same, we both have grievances, and they are both valid.
There ought not to be a need to feel that we are being treated less fairly than others. Officials in charge of these matters should be able to organise a better way of administering these convoluted laws, rules and regulations.

It would have been easier on all concerned if they had put a complete stop on N400s for a period, rather than have us all waiting around indefinitely like this, wondering for so long what is going on( it has, in effect been a complete stop, especially for TSC).

I noticed on another forum that someone who applied to Vermont 3 days before me now has an interview date, so at least some people are getting through.

TSC has drawn the short straw, guess!

I applied in Vermont, and their processing date (7/25) hasn't moved for a month. If that's not a sign of a complete stop on N-400s, I don't know what is. I guess we'll just have to wait until 11/17 to hopefully see some progress.

Vorpaul - it must be doubly frustrating for you, having paid the increased fee.:mad:

My 15 weeks will be up on 12 November (post office indicated TSC received my packet on 30 July), I'll be watching my bank account on-line very carefully.

Vorpaul - it must be doubly frustrating for you, having paid the increased fee.:mad:

My 15 weeks will be up on 12 November (post office indicated TSC received my packet on 30 July), I'll be watching my bank account on-line very carefully.

I think I'm beyond frustrated at this point. You're 4 weeks ahead of me, but you're also dealing with TSC, who's a week behind my service center (VSC). Then again, keep an eye out for the latest receipting updates, which will be posted by late tonight or tomorrow morning. Technically, your check should be getting cashed very soon.

The only e-mail address I was able to find on the USCIS website is USCIS.Webmaster@dhs.gov. Is this the correct address?

Whatever email address you could grab on, grab it in order to send your pain and suffering. If you could get more than 10 email addresses of them, so be it. It doesn't take enough time to send email to multiple email addresses.

However, the key point is being overlooked here. I said above that people should send their email to USCIS REPEATEDLY. That means, every other day. Secondly, people should write to ALL the congresspersons too than their own congressperson. When Congresspersons will be overwhelmed with this mess, they will grill USCIS during congressional testimoney or prior to that. Do whatever you could to let the govt. know your pain and frustration. Why should you pay for shady services when it should have been other way around given this much hike in fees?? Sitting down, being scared and not doing anything won't change the situation.

Good luck...

No Improvement!

Receipting update shows no progress for Texas and VSC. Both have the same date for N-400. California cross the July 31 mark. We do not know when are they looking into the N400 applications. This is same for the past 6 weeks.

Vorpal- I am with you. one suggestion thou- if we can put together the standard template for people to use, I believe that will be useful and also encourage ppl to just add their pertinent details. I strongly believe this will make more ppl use the template(could be a word doc) and participate in this "EMAIL campaigne".

there are already lots of stuff on this forum that ppl must have talked about that we could use.

let me know your comments.

Also ppl lets start this campaign with something- I know for sure this will evolve and we will hear great deals of new ideas as we proceed.

Receipting update shows no progress for Texas and VSC. Both have the same date for N-400. California cross the July 31 mark. We do not know when are they looking into the N400 applications. This is same for the past 6 weeks.

Actually, Texas went up by 1 day. Vermont is the only service center which did not change from the previous week, or the one before that. This leads me to believe that one of 2 scenarios is taking place:

1. Vermont is not updating their processing dates.

2. Vermont has put everything on hold and is exclusively processing I-485s from the Texas Service Center.

Even California, which is also assisting in entering TSC's I-485s has moved up. In all seriousness, we either need to undertake a massive letter-writing campaign, per JohnnyCash's suggestion, or we'll be waiting until January for our checks to cash.

VSC sucks

compare to other service center VSC people are far behind.
it is my bad luck that i have filed from VSC.

I do not expect any magic that 07/25 date will move very fast.

bottom line is VSC need more resources to make receipting process faster.

Vorpal- I am with you. one suggestion thou- if we can put together the standard template for people to use, I believe that will be useful and also encourage ppl to just add their pertinent details. I strongly believe this will make more ppl use the template(could be a word doc) and participate in this "EMAIL campaigne".

there are already lots of stuff on this forum that ppl must have talked about that we could use.

let me know your comments.

Also ppl lets start this campaign with something- I know for sure this will evolve and we will hear great deals of new ideas as we proceed.

Agreed. I'll work on a standard letter and upload it to the forum on Monday. As of right now, VSC is officially 12 weeks behind, without any kind of progress for the past 5 weeks. Something is going on there...

compare to other service center VSC people are far behind.
it is my bad luck that i have filed from VSC.

I do not expect any magic that 07/25 date will move very fast.

bottom line is VSC need more resources to make receipting process faster.

Be thankful you didn't file at TSC, who's still a week behind VSC. Although, they actually moved up a day, unlike VSC.

I guess one day's improvement for TSC is better than none:rolleyes:

I'd be happy to join the e-mail campaign. I'll check back regularly to see the
template vorpal is kindly preparing. Thanks! :)

PS I've just noticed that Sheila Jackson-Lee (D.TX) will be appearing on Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) tonight. She's on the Immigration and Citizenship sub- committee in the Senate. I'm just off to the website to see if there's an e-mail facility there....:p

There will be no change until I-485 and I-765 dates become 8/17. They are away by only one day for both of them in TSC and NSC. I think next week will put this misery to an end.

I guess one day's improvement for TSC is better than none:rolleyes:

I'd be happy to join the e-mail campaign. I'll check back regularly to see the
template vorpal is kindly preparing. Thanks! :)

PS I've just noticed that Sheila Jackson-Lee (D.TX) will be appearing on Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) tonight. She's on the Immigration and Citizenship sub- committee in the Senate. I'm just off to the website to see if there's an e-mail facility there....:p

Guys, just got the receipt today and I see that the advancement at TSC is up to Aug 16th for I140 and I485. That means that there is only one more day they have to go through after which they should start processing the queues they seemingly put on hold by redirecting the resources to those queues.

However, I believe that the N400 applications are more numerous than I485 during summer. I've hear there were about 500K N400 as opposed to 320K I485. That might have something to do with these awful delays. My hunch is that you should see a flood of receipts next week and the week after.

Guys, just got the receipt today and I see that the advancement at TSC is up to Aug 16th for I140 and I485. That means that there is only one more day they have to go through after which they should start processing the queues they seemingly put on hold by redirecting the resources to those queues.

However, I believe that the N400 applications are more numerous than I485 during summer. I've hear there were about 500K N400 as opposed to 320K I485. That might have something to do with these awful delays. My hunch is that you should see a flood of receipts next week and the week after.

Did you get Receipt notice for both 485 and 765 ? I am hearing that folks who filed in mid & late July have started receiving EADs already.

Oh - I'm glad for you Tennis court - good news at last!:)

Yes, I suspect you are correct and the next two weeks will bring some news for most of us - but then it will be into the back-log lines for a long, long wait.

By the way, if anyone is watching HBO tonight "Real Time" with Bill Maher, 10pm Central time, at the end of the show they go on line for an hour and take e-mail questions for the interview guests. One of them tonight is Sheila Jackson Lee, as I mentioned above. I intend to send an e-mail question about our situation - It's a long shot because they'll get thousands of mails probably, but it's worth a try. E-mail facility won't be open until the end of the show though, 11pm Central.