Prediction on weekly receipt update times

Dates are out

Vermont Service Center
Form Number Date Received

I-130 7/24/2007
N-400 7/29/2007
All Other Forms 10/28/2007

It just doesn't seem correct to me. My app was delivered on 7/28 and they are saying that they have completed sending receipts for apps received by 7/29. Where is my receipt notice VSC???

i wish ombudsman controls the timing of each question. Guys sending checks with no sufficiient balance or no proofs like certified mail for 485 and describing their situation to me is such a waste of time.

I could not ask my question which is related to N-400 delay and then sponsporing my wife on K3/I-130 which is not being currently processed. This is the story for me to listenn after already being separated from my wife for 2 years now.

i absolutelly agree, they need to invest in better conferencing system - the one we use at work has Q&A mode, where the questions are being queed up, so you hear one person at the time asking question. Relying on people to go on mute is a wishful thinking.
Also, when the conference is about the receipting delay and their impact, then those are the quesitons they should be giving answers to!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear - this is disappointing - TSC hasn't moved a single day this week - still at 22/7. I was expecting them to move on at least 2 or 3 days - N400 is the only thing on their list too - have they all had nervous breakdowns from over-work?

My details
N400 mailed to TSC 26 July
Signed for at Mesquite 30 July'07
Cheque not cashed as of 2 November '07

As of November 1, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center

I-130 8/30/2007
N-400 8/06/2007
All Other Forms 10/16/2007

Nebraska Service Center

I-131 10/09/2007
I-140 10/09/2007
I-485 Employment
Based 10/09/2007

I-485 Refugee 8/21/2007
I-765 10/09/2007
N-400 7/29/2007

Texas Service Center

N-400 7/22/2007

Vermont Service Center

I-130 7/24/2007
N-400 7/29/2007
All Other Forms 10/28/2007

USCIS Lockbox

TPS 10/11/2007

Forward progress people, forward progress ;) !!!

Not 1 day ahead for TSC. Still at July 22.

Talked to the customer rep. -

She said - 900,000 N-400 applications filed in July against an average of 100,000. Don't know if she was making an educated guess as first she said 800,000 N-400 filed, then said BCIS updates their times Once every 2 weeks!
Then said fees increase was approved in Dec 2006, said it takes time to train additional hires to process applications, said BCIS did not expect that so many applications would be filed!

Endless wait. Waittime Bunny keeps on going.

Not 1 day ahead for TSC. Still at July 22.

Talked to the customer rep. -

She said - 900,000 N-400 applications filed in July against an average of 100,000. Don't know if she was making an educated guess as first she said 800,000 N-400 filed, then said BCIS updates their times Once every 2 weeks!
Then said fees increase was approved in Dec 2006, said it takes time to train additional hires to process applications, said BCIS did not expect that so many applications would be filed!

Endless wait. Waittime Bunny keeps on going.

We can only hope it went back to 100,000 in August...

i absolutelly agree, they need to invest in better conferencing system - the one we use at work has Q&A mode, where the questions are being queed up, so you hear one person at the time asking question. Relying on people to go on mute is a wishful thinking.
Also, when the conference is about the receipting delay and their impact, then those are the quesitons they should be giving answers to!!!

The last teleconference (October 12) was much better as it placed all users on mute while pre emailed questions were answered during the call. This eliminated the emotional jabber in questions from today's teleconference participants.

Dates moved by 3 days in VSC

As per this week report the only change is VSC moved by 3 date to 07/29. Still 2 more days for the July 31 date. By next week I think they will enter all the application till July 31st.

Oh dear - this is disappointing - TSC hasn't moved a single day this week - still at 22/7. I was expecting them to move on at least 2 or 3 days - N400 is the only thing on their list too - have they all had nervous breakdowns from over-work?

My details
N400 mailed to TSC 26 July
Signed for at Mesquite 30 July'07
Cheque not cashed as of 2 November '07

USCIS realistically can't honor their posted n400 15 week receipt notice commitment when the TSC is only at July 22.

Whatishappening has said USCIS received 8 or 900,000 N400s = 8 or 9 times as many as normal. Let us hope against hope that this does not mean an 8 or 9 times longer than normal waiting time for full processing! 5 months times 8 (at best) = 40 months.
Surely not! Citizenship just in time for the election in 2012.

Received our TSC notices today (Receive date July 23rd, See my earlier thread)
So it looks like USCIS is living up to their promise of receipt notices in under 15 weeks.

On the notice it indicates that we should receive our interview date in under 90 days!!
Not sure if thats just a number that hasn't been updated with the recent influx of applications, but if thats really true, it would be awesome if USCIS can pull of processing the N-400 fully in 90 days!!

Does anyone know about N-400 processing times (Was there any question asked or information provided) from the Ombudsman call today?

So it looks like USCIS is living up to their promise of receipt notices in under 15 weeks.

On the notice it indicates that we should receive our interview date in under 90 days!!
Not sure if thats just a number that hasn't been updated with the recent influx of applications, but if thats really true, it would be awesome if USCIS can pull of processing the N-400 fully in 90 days!!

Does anyone know about N-400 processing times (Was there any question asked or information provided) from the Ombudsman call today?

Congrats obajaj. It's good to see this movement. I was thinking that last week was to be the week when there is movement on N-400 but I guess there is a week lag.

Regarding the 90 day, I don't think that it is possible to meet that deadline because it was designed with the regular influx of application in mind. With the summer fiasco seeing 10x the volume I doubt that USCIS can pull 10x the resources to deal with the interviews. Probably receipting labor is easy to get but IO skills is a different matter. I think the IO are harder to employ.

Add to my previous post:
Asked if BCIS will be sending fingerprinting notice along with notice of action. Customer service rep at BCIS replied: no as application support centers are not equipped to handle so many N-400 applicants at so short a time. So fingerprint notice will come later.
Good news: I have given up any hope that my N-400 will be processed soon in a time frame of 6-7 months if name check went fine. I know it won't happen that is certain.

It remains to be seen if the posted TSC receipt times will reflect the 15 week time line in the coming weeks as the bulk of N400 applications were most likely sent in the last week of July, with a receipt date between July 25-August 4.

As for processing times, the Ombudsman indicated that processing time are currently not affected by the receipting delays since receipting and adjudications are handled by separate groups. However, USCIS has posted on their website that processing times will eventually be affected as the frontlog of receipted cases are processed.

90 days? My BF's receipt indicates interview will be within 180 days! How come??

It remains to be seen if the posted TSC receipt times will reflect the 15 week time line in the coming weeks as the bulk of N400 applications were most likely sent in the last week of July, with a receipt date between July 25-August 4.

As for processing times, the Ombudsman indicated that processing time are currently not affected by the receipting delays since receipting and adjudications are handled by separate groups. However, USCIS has posted on their website that processing times will eventually be affected as the frontlog of receipted cases are processed.

I think that the delay in processing times is inevitable. Considering the fact the the sheer volume of applications increased eight- or nine-fold in July 2007, we'll definitely see longer processing times. On the other hand, I am in total shock and disbelief that VSC moved three whole days!!! Perhaps they'll actually be able to stick to the 15 week timeline.

I think that the delay in processing times is inevitable. Considering the fact the the sheer volume of applications increased eight- or nine-fold in July 2007, we'll definitely see longer processing times. On the other hand, I am in total shock and disbelief that VSC moved three whole days!!! Perhaps they'll actually be able to stick to the 15 week timeline.

The ombudsman did indicate that USCIS foresees processing times to start being affected by January when receipt times become current.

Received RN

I got my Receipt notice today. RD 7/28. It says that you may get Interview Notice in 540 days.

Thanks for letting us know.

If my arithmetic is correct that's around 18 months, even then there's the time between notice and interview and interview and oath ceremony. Add that to waiting time for receipt and it'll be around 2 years start to finish....and that depends on which district office we are allocated. Could be longer I suppose.

Does anybody think things will improve anytime soon?