Pork, Ghee...its Time To Roll....

Pork, could you be a moderator

for the new thread that will be started by Mr. Khanna. I have this time commitment issue and sometime may lag on much needed attention from my side, I will try to be as active as possible on the supporting role.

The following is a list of 26 individuals have posted on this "time to roll" thread. Please write your opinion and keep on adding grievances while Mr. Khanna's software gets ready:

andy2000
Nebraskan
Pork Chop
d1203
sudhesh
GC4ME_02
gheewalabhai888
chao chao
frodo
rsinha
vetri
deputydawg
James Tg
maverick1976
bzymn
Sankrityayan
sachdev
Hope_to_get
0607guys
orca
reliance
stillWaiting2
rajju
jahanpanah
DaoMingTze
curryus

Ghee...

Do we all know exactly what is Mr. Khanna's software for? May be after it is ready, Mr. Khanna himself could shed some light on it.

However, if any of us knows, please through some light on it.

Also, may I suggest, that we all post our dates (starting with Priority Date - MM/YYYY is good enough - some of us have dates so far in the past, that we may not be able to recall them with certainty - with all the other worries in life!).

To start with Here are mine,

1. PD - 04/1998 [Though my earlier lawyer started processing (presumably RIR - as he told me) in Sep. 1997!]
2. Labor done - 05/2001. [By this time I had switched to another lawyer].
3. I-140 - 10/2001
4. I-485
RD - 12/26/2001
ND - 01/03/2002
5. FP - 06/03/2002
6. Soon to apply for renewal of my AP / EAD second time (i.e. 3rd set, including the one filed along with I-485]

There may be more veterans, my dates might fade into oblivion when compared to theirs, with all respect to those…

StillWaiting...

Re: Ghee...

Originally posted by stillWaiting2
Do we all know exactly what is Mr. Khanna's software for? May be after it is ready, Mr. Khanna himself could shed some light on it.

However, if any of us knows, please through some light on it.

Also, may I suggest, that we all post our dates (starting with Priority Date - MM/YYYY is good enough - some of us have dates so far in the past, that we may not be able to recall them with certainty - with all the other worries in life!).

To start with Here are mine,

1. PD - 04/1998 [Though my earlier lawyer started processing (presumably RIR - as he told me) in Sep. 1997!]
2. Labor done - 05/2001. [By this time I had switched to another lawyer].
3. I-140 - 10/2001
4. I-485
RD - 12/26/2001
ND - 01/03/2002
5. FP - 06/03/2002
6. Soon to apply for renewal of my AP / EAD second time (i.e. 3rd set, including the one filed along with I-485]

There may be more veterans, my dates might fade into oblivion when compared to theirs, with all respect to those…

StillWaiting...

A community software devoted to only advocacy: how to bring change in immigration laws. It is an experiment. All the data is stored in databases, so if we find out it does not work the way we want it, we can migrate to something else. Frankly, I am not crazy about it so far, but this is all we could find that has the required elements and customizability.

Re: Pork, could you be a moderator

Originally posted by gheewalabhai888
for the new thread that will be started by Mr. Khanna. I have this time commitment issue and sometime may lag on much needed attention from my side, I will try to be as active as possible on the supporting role.

The following is a list of 26 individuals have posted on this "time to roll" thread. Please write your opinion and keep on adding grievances while Mr. Khanna's software gets ready:

andy2000 Nebraskan Pork Chop d1203 sudhesh GC4ME_02
gheewalabhai888 chao chao frodo rsinha vetri deputydawg
James Tg maverick1976 bzymn Sankrityayan sachdev
Hope_to_get 0607guys orca reliance stillWaiting2 rajju
jahanpanah DaoMingTze curryus

I jumped onto this forum almost a month late after watching things at rupnet for a while. When nothing was moving I came back to my old love "immigration portal" and found that things are pretty much in full swing. Ready to roll out petition to senators/administration. Please add me to the list of petioners. My case too has been pending for 530 days now, and it has become unbearable now.
One of my friend's only sister was to get married in May (around last week), and he applied for A.P. in Feb. (begining), but the authorities never issued him A.P. in time and he missed the wedding. Had to cancel his tickets.

I had A.P. for one year, and did not got it extended thinking that BCIS will stick to their word of processing my case in 360-390 days as written on their N.O.A., but to date no light is seen at the other end.

To add salt to my wounds, the New Delhi embassy rejected my parents visa. I had written to the embassy that due to slow processing of 485/A.P., I cannot make it to India this summer with my kids, so I am inviting my parents, so we all can spend summer vacation together. They refused visa to my parents under section 214(b)- same old reason, not sufficient ties with India... you are going to settle there. How can they settle when their son has not settled yet after applying for green card three years ago.

I have read the draft.doc and you all guys are doing great under the guidance and support of Rajiv.

I will be more actively watching/participating in this thread on Nebraska issues. Please do let me know, if you need any help.

I am in it also. I am a silent visitor from a long time. I think its time to be active.

My Receipt Date is 12/13/2001
My Notice Date is 12/15/2001.

-- Satya

Count me in too !!

I can give upto 10 hours a week to this !! I anyways surf these sites , might as well put it to some constructive use !!

We can have another forum where we can disclose our real identities and use it to work inconcert.

I Have Put Together a Different Draft

I read through what had been proposed and felt that what it was missing was details of what we wanted. It is all very well and good to talk about all of the good things that immigratents bring to the country, but the drafts were light on specific recomendations. I threw this together, feel free to pick it apart.

I Have Put Together a Different Draft

I read through what had been proposed and felt that what it was missing was details of what we wanted. It is all very well and good to talk about all of the good things that immigratents bring to the country, but the drafts were light on specific recomendations. I threw this together, feel free to pick it apart.

Paul ,

I agree with you , we need to be more specific about our demands. The draft sounds good to me. Where do we go from here ? I know the goal is to have a monitored thread , with case stories /histories. Whats the next step towards this goal ?

First select 2-3 moderators

Originally posted by maverick1976
Paul ,

I agree with you , we need to be more specific about our demands. The draft sounds good to me. Where do we go from here ? I know the goal is to have a monitored thread , with case stories /histories. Whats the next step towards this goal ?

Let me know who. I will upgrade their rights. I have had so much input from experts on the Hill on how to manage things, I am bursting at the seams.

Perhaps We Need to Take 2 Paths

Clearing we need to create a legistlative dialogue and try to work with Senators and Congress Persons. I also believe we have a valid reason to talk directly to the Service Center.

On their web site they request feedback as to the quality of their customer service. It is clear that producing a monthly report saying that they have been processing August for 8 months is not very useful. The director of the service center might be open to working with us to create a more useful snapshot of their activities. If you look at the information that the various SC's give the AILA then it would seem that the SC's have some latitude here. I am sure that they will see the benefit in giving us better information. Better Info = Less Work For Them.

Here is the quote from BCIS web site.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/aboutus.htm

Customer Feedback:
We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:
BCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."

Re: Perhaps We Need to Take 2 Paths

Originally posted by paulclarke1
Clearing we need to create a legistlative dialogue and try to work with Senators and Congress Persons. I also believe we have a valid reason to talk directly to the Service Center.

On their web site they request feedback as to the quality of their customer service. It is clear that producing a monthly report saying that they have been processing August for 8 months is not very useful. The director of the service center might be open to working with us to create a more useful snapshot of their activities. If you look at the information that the various SC's give the AILA then it would seem that the SC's have some latitude here. I am sure that they will see the benefit in giving us better information. Better Info = Less Work For Them.

Here is the quote from BCIS web site.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/aboutus.htm

Customer Feedback:
We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:
BCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 82521
Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."

Definitley could not hurt.

Does Anyone Know A Lawyer Going To the AILA Conference

The AILA national conference is next week. It would be great if we could put together a list of 'want's from the BCIS. If they are reasonable, perhaps the AILA would take them up.

My List Would Include.

1/. EAD/AP Automatic with I-485 submission and valid for the entire AOS period. (Or at least I-485 with approved I-140 or I-130)

2/. More detailed reports on cases processed at the service centers.
Number of Cases Recieved, Pending and Approved each month.

3/. More detailed information on Case Status Online.
Security Check in Process/Complete
Assigned to An Officer etc.

Anyone else have any ideas.

Re: Does Anyone Know A Lawyer Going To the AILA Conference

Originally posted by paulclarke1
The AILA national conference is next week. It would be great if we could put together a list of 'want's from the BCIS. If they are reasonable, perhaps the AILA would take them up.

My List Would Include.

1/. EAD/AP Automatic with I-485 submission and valid for the entire AOS period. (Or at least I-485 with approved I-140 or I-130)

2/. More detailed reports on cases processed at the service centers.
Number of Cases Recieved, Pending and Approved each month.

3/. More detailed information on Case Status Online.
Security Check in Process/Complete
Assigned to An Officer etc.

Anyone else have any ideas.

I am not going, but I can make sure it gets to AILA. Send me what you have/need.

also it would be nice to find out

if I-485 adjucation is really placed on the back burner or not. Rumours are I-485s approvals are the least priority at this time for BCIS. It would be nice to get details about BCIS's plan regarding I-485.

Re: also it would be nice to find out

Originally posted by gheewalabhai888
if I-485 adjucation is really placed on the back burner or not. Rumours are I-485s approvals are the least priority at this time for BCIS. It would be nice to get details about BCIS's plan regarding I-485.

Make a list of things you folks want answers to. Give it all to me.

addition

Other service centers (TSC and CSC) also have the same 485 delay problem. If all of us folks combine our efforts and make an appeal I am sure the politicians have to do something about it.

If one of you can post this in the TSC forum I can rally the folks in that forum. Of course that would mean also adding the TSC specific dates which are worse (900 – 999 days wait) than you folks.

One more point to add to your draft letter

1) Modify AC-21 rule to state that after 180 days of applying for 485 the person can move to whatever job and at whatever state within the U.S. As long as the applicant is not a public charge he/she should be considered for approval.

Perhaps that is a little broad

Tru, I think what you are asking is a little broad, I think we would have little chance getting that adopted.

Perhaps what we should lobby for is to have the BCIS include some flexibility in what they consider as 'same occupation'. Certainly we should be asking that AC21 allows upward career mobility within the same field. If the argument you want to help the economy by importing the best and brightest, then these people need to be allowed to progress their careers. Cream rises.