Pork, Ghee...its Time To Roll....

senator stabenow's letter

guys, this is what i got from senator stabenow's office. she's a democrat and i assumed she was willing to help because a)she is a newly appointed senator and her staff isn't as jaded as the rest and b) what a great way to tap into the immigrant subcontinental committee. I am sure there are other senators/congressmen in your state who will be sympathetic, especially those who are lucky enough to be from arizona (john mccain).

(Thank you for contacting my office regarding your immigration application status. In order to follow up on your case, the attached authorization form needs to be completedby the applicant. This will allow my staff to make inquiry with the BCIS.

Please provide a description of the problem and any additional information that is relevant to the case. Please send this information to XXXXXXX at my Southeast Michigan office, located at XXXXXXXXXXX at your earliest convenience.)

In response I wrote a detailed letter listing my grievances including a gap of two months after submission of rfe and no consistency in approval notice dates. I am assuming for every 5 nasty, anti immigrant bigshot, there's one nice one like Senator Stabenow.

deputy...

I am also thinking of contacting Senator Stebanow regarding my application.

RD 06/01
ND 07/01
RFE Recd 09/02
RFE Response to INS 11/02
2nd FP 05/13/03

AD...?

Rajju

Is it OK to approach to the press like newspapers, TV programs...
if the purpose of this thread is to get some attention and do something? This may not be a direct approach, though.

My impression about Mr. Tancredo is that he is probably against importing immigrant workers but that he is probably for efficient BCIS.
As long as the approach to him is carefully thought out, he may be willing to work for it. At least he knows there are problems there.

I understand the current administration puts more focus on border security.
I personally don't mind being tracked by government at some extent, but I mind proividing information for basically nothing. (I do it, though.)
I'm really not sure if BCIS is capable of tracking immigrants in this country now...

Here's what I'm thinking...

We are now talking about 2nd FP because of this long wait. How come FP is good only for 15 months? And why we are the one who needs to pay for BCIS's iefficiency?

EAD's period is from approval date not from the expiration date of whatever the previous work permit's. Why???
This can lead more and more work to BCIS.

BCIS is conducting so-called security check on every application/petition not on every immigrant.

Close to two-year processing time for I-485 can mean that BCIS is letting us work in this country and travel overseas with a minimum check/review for close to two years.

They seem to be incapable of even linking I-485 applicants to the other EAD and/or AP applicants, even if they assigned the same A-number.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Action tem 1

Draft an MS Word Document to which we can all add giving some reasons why I-485 should be expedited. If you want me to start off, let me know.

Mr. Khanna,

Thank you very much for giving us a direction.

Let me start off the action item 1.

For the time moment, my arguement is really weak. I'll contribute again when I come up with something new.

I'm open to criticisms.

Last edited by a moderator:
jahanpanah

Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate your help.

I understand what you're saying.
To tell the truth, I was quite nervous when I posted the doc file there... My English isn't really good and I wasn't really prepared...

Anyway, I was thinking about getting some kind of statistical data or individual case example to support what we are saying...By doing this, our reasons can become more persuasive, I believe. I will edit my part when I have a time.

Have a nice holiday weekend:)

Re: jahanpanah

Originally posted by chao chao
Thank you very much for your input. I really appreciate your help.

I understand what you're saying.
To tell the truth, I was quite nervous when I posted the doc file there... My English isn't really good and I wasn't really prepared...

Anyway, I was thinking about getting some kind of statistical data or individual case example to support what we are saying...By doing this, our reasons can become more persuasive, I believe. I will edit my part when I have a time.

Have a nice holiday weekend:)

Statistical data AND personal stories of suffering are VERY VERY important. We are testing a software to help this along. Stand by for a couple of weeks.

Thank you Mr. Khanna for your interest and effort. We will wait for the

next couple of week.
When running web script for Jan 2002 rd cases, nearly 50% of the cases are already approved. I wonder what kind of I-485 cases are getting approved that fast!

Re: Thank you Mr. Khanna for your interest and effort. We will wait for the

Originally posted by gheewalabhai888
next couple of week.
When running web script for Jan 2002 rd cases, nearly 50% of the cases are already approved. I wonder what kind of I-485 cases are getting approved that fast!

Call me Rajiv, please. Remind me if you have not heard from me. Be cool all.

Mr. Rajiv Khanna, this is to remind you

as you had suggested us to bring this topic into your attention after two weeks.

Thanks,
Gheewalabhai

Well said Dao & Jahaanpanah...

...barring a few syntactical / gramatical typos, I guess it does have some weight. Rajiv can definitely shine it more.

StillWaiting...

Thank you

This is looking good. Why do we not collect personal stories of everyone in a discussion thread. We are almost done with the test of the advocacy community software. But at the last moment, two or three major problems have cropped up. We are trying to find a work around.

If you collect all the stories, I will take them personally and have them sent to various peole on the Hill and in Bush's admin.

We can start a new thread for it. One or more of you can be moderators to make sure the thread stays on topic.

Let me know. I am following all posts here. Take care, all.

Re: Thank you

Originally posted by operations
This is looking good. Why do we not collect personal stories of everyone in a discussion thread. We are almost done with the test of the advocacy community software. But at the last moment, two or three major problems have cropped up. We are trying to find a work around.

If you collect all the stories, I will take them personally and have them sent to various peole on the Hill and in Bush's admin.

We can start a new thread for it. One or more of you can be moderators to make sure the thread stays on topic.

Read my comments here http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=505747#post505747

Tell me how to organize this. We are getting better organized every day.

Re: Thank you

Originally posted by operations

Read my comments here http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=505747#post505747

Tell me how to set this up this. We are getting better organized every day.

We should start just as Mr. Khanna is suggesting.
Who wants to become a moderator of a new thread?